Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another uncorroborated statement, it would seem.
From another criminal. This time almost certainly incentivised with a deal for providing information. I don’t like to be cynical but it’s hard not to be.

This witness could also be important for the prosecution in the MM case. However, he hasn’t been able to lead them to any material evidence.

It has been suggested on this forum that the MO of DM and HaB was the same due to the filming aspect of the crime - that this is unusual.

Today on the BBC are two stories of horrific sex offenders committing and filming crimes. One is in France, the other Australia and Italy.

From another criminal. This time almost certainly incentivised with a deal for providing information. I don’t like to be cynical but it’s hard not to be.

This witness could also be important for the prosecution in the MM case. However, he hasn’t been able to lead them to any material evidence.
It would depend on when he gave this statement..was it before the details of the rape had been revealed

Reactions: Mex
It would depend on when he gave this statement..was it before the details of the rape had been revealed
Interested to find out the timeline as well . In June 2020 he was in prison in Kiel finishing the original drug dealing offence and kept there after the DM conviction.Moved to Oldenburg prison mid 2021.

There is not much information in regards to where he was incarcerated after the extradition in 2017, his last day of freedom was 27 September 2018. Charged with DM rape in August 2019 , convicted December 2019.

Reactions: Mex
A new witness apparently - sounds like a cell mate.

Since it is all in German - I took that in High School bout 60 years ago - but do not remember any of it!
Is there a witness' name in there - or can someone give me a him on "who" he might be. I do see he was an inmate - of CB's ?? TIA !

Since it is all in German - I took that in High School bout 60 years ago - but do not remember any of it!
Is there a witness' name in there - or can someone give me a him on "who" he might be. I do see he was an inmate - of CB's ?? TIA !
No name in the article.

Prosecutor Vanessa Beyse now requested that the witness Laurentiu C. be called in. He was imprisoned in 2019 with Brückner in the JVA Braunschweig. Brückner told this witness, according to the prosecutor's office, of several rapes he committed in Portugal.

Yes it is mentioned Laurentiu C.

Prosecutor Vanessa Beyse now requested that the witness Laurentiu C. be called in. He was imprisoned in 2019 with Brückner in the JVA Braunschweig. Brückner told this witness, according to the prosecutor's office, of several rapes he committed in Portugal.

Thanks a bunch! I shall put that into my notes! :D

Another uncorroborated statement, it would seem.
Maybe yes ... Maybe no but interesting nonetheless.
Snip
The defendant is also said to have told the witness about a second crime that he had committed in a hotel. He then stole money from the victim's handbag. In Braunschweig, Brückner is responsible, among other things, for the rape of the Irish woman
Hazel B. (40), who was attacked and robbed in her room in Praia da Rocha in June 2004.
It would have been easy enough to confuse the rapes of two individual elderly women the circumstances of which almost duplicated each outrage to a large extent. At the time police and prosecutors had been trying to match the assault to the description they had been given of the content of the missing videos.
They found DM's narrative of her aggravated rape in Portuguese police files and at the subsequent trial trial CB was found guilty and sentenced to seven years; time for which he is still currently serving.

Prior to 2019 no-one other than investigators had ever heard of CB .. DM or ..HB.

In fact HB had not heard of the other two until the trial concerning the aggravated rape inflicted on DM was reported in the press.

It seems there is another witness who was not influenced by missing videos but who is able to narrate CB's tale of rape in an hotel room.

One wonders when the witness shared this information with the police. If it was pre 2019 one presumes that will be on record and if so the presumption is that CB's legal team are going to have their work cut out arguing that one on his behalf.
My opinion

I get the feeling probaboly fairly recently considering he appears to be a late witness
Yes, in which case it would be difficult to prove that he hadn't been informed about the rape details recently.
If he had reported this to police back before CB was convicted of rape, then it begs the question as to why he's a late addition to the witness list.

The mirror have the prosecution describing the alleged confession not the witness.
Nothing from the BZ yet.

Prosecutor Vanessa Beyse said his descriptions of the attacks bore similarities to the rapes of Diana and Hazel. She said in one confession he boasted of “raping an old lady” and “tying up and beating her, which really excited him”. Ms Beyse said Brueckner also told a fellow inmate of stealing money from a rape victim’s handbag in Portugal. During her evidence earlier this year, Hazel told how her rapist took cash from her handbag.

So the prosecution want to introduce the witness, so no doubt the defence will object.Was this the alleged spy FF claimed was put in with CB.Will try and find the article.

Yes, in which case it would be difficult to prove that he hadn't been informed about the rape details recently.
If he had reported this to police back before CB was convicted of rape, then it begs the question as to why he's a late addition to the witness list.

The witness list seems to be quite fluid for whatever reasons.

For example; D who was originally due to testify on May 22, didn't make an appearance in court until August 14
  • May 22, 2024: On day 17, the head of the BKA's operational case analysis was supposed to testify. The Federal Criminal Police Office has compared the rape of Hazel B. with the rape of the 72-year-old American woman, for which Christian B. was convicted. But: The chief profiler is missing for reasons of illness. Christian B.'s lawyers file a motion for rejection – due to bias.
  • August 15, 2024: Dern testifies again: With his analysis, he concludes that there are striking similarities in the rapes of the American and the Irish woman. The defense doubts his results.
As far as judging when witnesses are are scheduled to appear it seems to be the lick of the draw. No reason given for another witness who was a no show but if called obliged to appear .. so I would surmise there was a reason acceptable to the court for that. Just that we haven't been told
  • that he was due to appear
  • his reason for not doing so.
Snip
At the same time, the defense also notes inconsistencies between HB.'s descriptions of 2004 and today. During her first statement after the crime in Portugal, misunderstandings are said to have occurred due to the language barrier. HB.'s good friend, PE., who translated for her at the time, was supposed to testify in court on Thursday. But he did not appear. The trial is to continue on Friday.

I find it interesting that key prosecution witnesses only came forward years after the events that they allegedly heard.

I find it interesting that key prosecution witnesses only came forward years after the events that they allegedly heard.
The prosecution seem to be detailing what he said, will there now be another delay with the court debating whether he can be heard? thus allowing the judge to question and the defence also?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~
Back