Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately the term pro truth doesn’t wash with me .In the fact that pro truth would not fail to offer alternative poi’s, or other potential avenues to investigate. Rather than dismissing everything else as hearsay or coincidence.CB’s only criminal record in Portugal (if you wish to believe) is for traffic offences and diesel theft which will fit a certain narrative to some.
Well said. I don’t think anybody is fooled by the pro truth lines. What was A then won’t be B now.
CB can do no wrong & the reason is simple. It’s because he’s the prime suspect in the MM case.

It doesn’t take a genius to realise why every LEA considers CB the prime suspect.

Unfortunately the term pro truth doesn’t wash with me .In the fact that pro truth would not fail to offer alternative poi’s, or other potential avenues to investigate. Rather than dismissing everything else as hearsay or coincidence.CB’s only criminal record in Portugal (if you wish to believe) is for traffic offences and diesel theft which will fit a certain narrative to some.

Why are you doing this? It seems like deliberate misinterpretation of what other posters are saying and designed only to provoke if not actually bait? No one is doing what ^ you're accusing them of above. Stop making claims that have no basis in facts.

What is so wrong with someone wanting the truth to be at the heart of the outcome of a criminal trial?

Last edited:
The reason we are here discussing the cause for the victims of vicious criminal acts is that a criminal took the time and made the effort to perpetrate the crime.
Apparently it’s been reported in BZ that the most incriminating evidence was from the box factory finds & CB’s computers in Portugal. Both of which were deemed inadmissible. If so - credit to the defence because they’ve managed to have key evidence chalk off. Very unfortunate for the victims,

Do you know otherwise ?

Why are you doing this? It seems like deliberate misinterpretation of what other posters are saying and designed only to provoke? No one is doing what you're accusing them of.

What is so wrong with someone wanting the truth to be at the heart of a criminal trial?
What do you think about the reports that the box factory finds & evidence from his computers was deemed inadmissible?

That must be heartbreaking for ‘truth’ seekers because how can they establish the truth when there are facts that have been withheld….

The problem is as was said in Rob Hydes article many witnesses appeared shady. Ofc if the evidence does not add up that is ok if it is against CB and makes him look bad but for me I want definitive proof
You have the advantage of me regarding the article to which you refer. But logic dictates many witnesses "appeared shady". Of Course They Did for the the very simple reason some were shady!
For goodness sakes some were very close to the shadiest person of all which is why what they had to say was of interest and value.

It is noticed that even those who might have been criminal's let alone those who are not would not tolerate CB's vile character.
Certainly, there were very few who had a good word to say for him in court - in accordance with opinion of the forensic psychiatrist :(

Snip
The main suspect in the MM case wrote letters begging old friends to be there for him if he ends up going to court, it has been claimed.
CB, 46, saw several charges for multiple alleged rapes and child sexual assaults – unrelated to MM – dropped earlier this year.
The German paedophile, who is currently in jail for raping a 72-year-old woman, has reportedly reached out to ask for support in recent months.
A source quoted by The Mirror, who claims to have known Brueckner in the past, said two other friends had received letters from him.

The former associate said: ‘It really freaked them out. They hadn’t heard from him in years and then these letters suddenly arrived in the post from Germany.

‘He was asking them to speak in his defence, about what a good guy he was. He said the German police and prosecutors have it in for him, that they are saying he is a monster.

‘It’s outrageous for Chris to ask for help because now we all know about his past. Back when we were hanging with him in the early 2000s it was all a secret.

‘We didn’t know he was a paedophile. But now he doesn’t stand a chance of anybody speaking up for him in court.’

Last edited:
What do you think about the reports that the box factory finds & evidence from his computers was deemed inadmissible?

That must be heartbreaking for ‘truth’ seekers because how can they establish the truth when there are facts that have been withheld….
I wouldn't say heartbreaking for that is far too emotional, but certainly disappointing. But one must accept and abide by the findings of the court.
No point in whinging because BKA fouled up.

I wouldn't say heartbreaking for that is far too emotional, but certainly disappointing. But one must accept and abide by the findings of the court.
No point in whinging because BKA fouled up.

All I've ever wanted is for HCW to charge CB with the abduction and murder of MM, as per his backed with irrefutable evidence promise back in June 2020. That we get to hear this evidence and that it's compelling and conclusive and makes sense of all the historical ambiguities and finally puts to bed every doubt this cold case has generated.

That's the only reason I've continued to follow this thread/trial and that's the only reason I'm still here.

Last edited:
Apparently it’s been reported in BZ that the most incriminating evidence was from the box factory finds & CB’s computers in Portugal. Both of which were deemed inadmissible. If so - credit to the defence because they’ve managed to have key evidence chalk off. Very unfortunate for the victims,
It did not actually say that as such about his computer in Portugal. He was simply bringing attention to the shoddy work of the BKA

This information leaves me a bit confused regarding what is fact and what is factoid.
If the evidence is inadmissible why is it being quoted in the trial?

iirc there were 3 witnesses originally , MS , HeB and MT . The prosecution have now dropped this due to differences in MS statement . If these trials didn’t happen and only the MM case being charged. It is my opinion either
the case would not make court or it could not be proved CB took the photo . However although the current trial may not succeed in convictions the circumstantial evidence and corroborating evidence should not be overlooked . These are extremely cold cases that occurred in another country where little to no evidence was secured and an alleged suspect who has had since 2013 at the latest to cover his tracks .

@mrjitty Very interesting case , though I assume a charge /conviction came upon discovery of the body ? That seems a long way away in regards to MM.
The last interview HCW gave a very stern statement regarding MM at 04.00 that imo reflects more than word of mouth .

He could be referring to LC’s or another witness statement. Let’s remember that it’s his job to get a conviction so he has to be firm in his opinion.

For comparison, there are other highly-qualified people who claim the parents are involved.

This is why we need CB to be charged in the MM case. It’s the only way HCW’s public comments can be tested.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach
Back