Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Out of interest if he gets acquitted would it be possible for Scotland Yard or the Portuguese to extradite and try CB in the respective countries and could the evidence from this trial be brought over if the MM case made court ? . Point being I’d be interested in how a public jury would view all these coincidences rather than the backward and forwards and interruptions this trial has entailed when constructing background evidence on CB.
I wondered if the uk would extradite him for MM’s murder & we ran the trial here. I’m guessing it would be a legal minefield to have happen.

Perhaps a full jury would have been less nobbled & more objective.

It sounds as if admissibility decided this case, UK courts tend to do better at balancing finding the truth with arguable claims about a person’s human rights.

At times it seemed like a how to guide for defending a mob boss. Motions!

leaning away from core agendas - it is upsetting to know that the victims & witnesses who are all sure of CB’s guilt won’t be given that nod tomorrow.

Out of interest if he gets acquitted would it be possible for Scotland Yard or the Portuguese to extradite and try CB in the respective countries and could the evidence from this trial be brought over if the MM case made court ? . Point being I’d be interested in how a public jury would view all these coincidences rather than the backward and forwards and interruptions this trial has entailed when constructing background evidence on CB.
This trial is nothing to even do with SY

In that case it might have been better if the trial had not occurred.
It could have been held back until the MM case was concluded, one way or another.
Good point! It’s a tricky one. I think each side will now have an idea of how the other will operate.

This trial is nothing to even do with SY
I’m sure they would have the right as MM was a uk citizen.
I’m sure the Portuguese have rights to try for murder as there is no statute of limitations for that and happened in Portugal .

I’m unsure on how the evidence collected in this trial could be used by the PJ.

I’m sure the Portuguese have rights to try for murder as there is no statute of limitations for that and happened in Portugal .

I’m respect to the 5 cases - It will be interested that if under European law - Ireland or Portugal could have another crack at him. I don’t know how double jeopardy works across borders - I’m guessing that other countries could find something new to justify running it.

FF talked about amateur German policing - I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a jab in regards to how they captured evidence. If this lost on inadmissibility because a police officer walking a dog was more dastardly than revealing what was on the USB’s - then the German’s need to pass the MM case over to the Uk or Portugal immediately. It ain’t worth playing chicken with motions.

My opinion

CB is not,

SY have never actually even spoke out to say they agree about CB. I have always got the impression they differ for some reason

No they are on board with the BKA and current PJ team and launched an appeal at the same time as the Germans in June 2020.

Reactions: Mex
No they are on board with the BKA and current PJ team and launched an appeal at the same time as the Germans in June 2020.
Tbh I have not seen it. They also only went to the dig at the reservoir as witnesses. They also said when they gave the letter to the McCanns that they hadnt received anything themselves which tells me they arent that close.

But they are working together and all view CB as the #1 suspect in the murder of MM that’s the BKA , SY and the PJ where he is an “arguido “.
yet they do not seem to be working with them as such tbh

IMO it’ll undoubtedly be 4 acquittals. If the chamber hadn’t made its mind up it wouldn’t be delivering a verdict a day after the defences plea. If a conviction came tomorrow the defence would argue their plea wasn’t considered. If the verdict wasn’t scheduled until late October I think it would be different.

Reportedly, evidence was deemed inadmissible, which if true, is heartbreaking for the ‘truth seekers’ because it would mean a decision was made but not all facts considered. They can’t have it both ways.

It will be very unfortunate day for the victims & it’ll now drag on in appeal. Not nice!

In regards to the MM case - this will be a small win for all of team-CB because MM trial opportunities will be lost with these acquittals. As they all well know.

I share your opinion in full and for all the same reasons.

Although it is unsurprising that it didn’t take FF long to make his statement for the defence because the reality is that there isn’t much to say.

His lynch pin is that the trial shouldn’t have taken place because if CB hadn’t been who he is it wouldn’t have.

Now there is a teensy grain of truth in that and it really has nothing to do with who CB is but is more in line with what he has done.

FF has striven for years to weaponize MM’s case to his advantage which is why so much of the trial of five indictments centred around her. But that case is not what brought CB to court in this trial. That was as a result of the search for evidence in M’s case throwing up sufficient indictable evidence to enable the process to start.

The fact is MM was the catalyst but not the reason for taking CB to court; his own criminal sexual behaviour did that for him.

The veracity of the content of the missing video tapes is confirmed by the existence of DM. That CB was there doing what he was said to have done on video was also verified. Forensically tested body hair confirmed it.
Is it logical what was proven fact in 2019 metamorphized into ‘contradictions' decided by the defence team in the intervening period.

There is always the chance that we have misjudged the judge frank, but all will be revealed on the morrow :rolleyes:

The Portuguese officials have ensured that the statute of limitations will not run out should it be decided to charge CB.
Snip
On Thursday, a statement was issued by prosecutors in Faro, Algarve's main city, who said a person was made an "arguido" - which translates as "named suspect", "formal suspect" or "person of interest" - a day earlier.

On 3 May it will be 15 years since MM was reported missing and under Portuguese law it would no longer be possible to declare someone a person of interest beyond this date. Declaring someone a person of interest is a necessary step to any criminal charges.

In its statement, though, Portugal's office of public prosecutions said the move was not driven by timing, but by "strong indications" of the practice of a crime.

I honestly don't think OG are doing anything active and haven't been for a long time.
They just take the money and say 'thank you very much'

Last edited:

CB is still an official suspect (arguido) in Portugal regarding MM. The statute of limitations was interrupted (halted) in April 2022, so in theory IIRC he can still be tried in Portugal.
The Portuguese, British and BKA have separate investigations.
I can't see why evidence cannot be shared regarding MM.
AFAIK he wasn't made arguido in the cases he's on trial for atm.

Last edited:
I wouldn't like to predict the outcome, but as it's now only a matter of hours until it is announced, I'm content to wait and see.
Whichever way it goes, its not going to upset me, that's for certain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230
Back