Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just as an aside
Snip
(FF) He did not believe the third rape victim that she could identify his client as the perpetrator based on the color of his eyes.
He explicitly did not question the rapes themselves.
However, it could not be said beyond doubt that his client was the perpetrator.
Voluntariness is also not ruled out.
The lawyers also accused the investigating authority of gross technical errors and sleight of hand in the presentation of evidence.
For example, the public prosecutor's office accuses B. of masturbating twice in front of children because there are two different statements about the crime scene.
In general, from the point of view of the defense, the act at a party in Portugal was wild peeing instead of masturbating.

Do you know, if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable. Just look at the "wild peeing" for example. That conjured up an image for me that I rather would not have thought about.

And the 'rough sex' allegation seems to be very much in vogue amongst rapists these days.
What great fun it must be to be terrorised, raped and beaten and abused half to death and to suffer lifelong injury physical and mental as a result.

How insulting is it to make that allegation regarding HB.

According to the German press that is FF's mindset. Says a lot.

Just as an aside
Snip
(FF) He did not believe the third rape victim that she could identify his client as the perpetrator based on the color of his eyes.
He explicitly did not question the rapes themselves.
However, it could not be said beyond doubt that his client was the perpetrator.
Voluntariness is also not ruled out.
The lawyers also accused the investigating authority of gross technical errors and sleight of hand in the presentation of evidence.
For example, the public prosecutor's office accuses B. of masturbating twice in front of children because there are two different statements about the crime scene.
In general, from the point of view of the defense, the act at a party in Portugal was wild peeing instead of masturbating.

Do you know, if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable. Just look at the "wild peeing" for example. That conjured up an image for me that I rather would not have thought about.

And the 'rough sex' allegation seems to be very much in vogue amongst rapists these days.
What great fun it must be to be terrorised, raped and beaten and abused half to death and to suffer lifelong injury physical and mental as a result.

How insulting is it to make that allegation regarding HB.

According to the German press that is FF's mindset. Says a lot.
Not to mention they made HB have her chair positioned so she was having to look directly at CB all through her interrogation that lasted probably to her a very very long time... No no I thought maybe that was just how they did things in Germany but the more I have read about it ...it's highly unusual ... Making a kid demonstrate the action of masturbation until tey broke down and cried... I agree the judges themselves just saw this differently to other cases due to all the media attention about MM ... Personally it would have been better for them to keep quiet about MM until at least after the case but then again HB would never have spotted him but to me it's been a shambles..

Not to mention they made HB have her chair positioned so she was having to look directly at CB all through her interrogation that lasted probably to her a very very long time... No no I thought maybe that was just how they did things in Germany but the more I have read about it ...it's highly unusual ... Making a kid demonstrate the action of masturbation until tey broke down and cried... I agree the judges themselves just saw this differently to other cases due to all the media attention about MM ... Personally it would have been better for them to keep quiet about MM until at least after the case but then again HB would never have spotted him but to me it's been a shambles..
I agree its been a shambles but not in the way you mean

Last edited:
for me the Judge was in a hard position. She had witnesses that kept contradicting themselves and each other. She somehow to get to the truth of what happened.
Yeah I get that... The witnesses were a complete mess.. the prosecution should have had more to go on too but they are old crimes so made it difficult... I just had a problem with the way she treated Hazel after reading her testimony of the attack it sickened me that poor lady must have been terrified... It should have been dealt with properly in Portugal.. but I just think knowing the details of her rape the court should have been more considerate... She was not on trial.. he was and his history he didn't get away with and his stories kinda spell it out what kind of sicko he is.. I agree tho that one must be deemed guilty with sufficient evidence but also agree in compassionate treatment of victims in a court of law.. the way HB was treated and the young girl having to demonstrate masturbation was harsh ... And come on is a kid really gonna make that up and go through the shame of going to court to tell a lie... It's just ludicrous to think that.

Yeah I get that... The witnesses were a complete mess.. the prosecution should have had more to go on too but they are old crimes so made it difficult... I just had a problem with the way she treated Hazel after reading her testimony of the attack it sickened me that poor lady must have been terrified... It should have been dealt with properly in Portugal.. but I just think knowing the details of her rape the court should have been more considerate... She was not on trial.. he was and his history he didn't get away with and his stories kinda spell it out what kind of sicko he is.. I agree tho that one must be deemed guilty with sufficient evidence but also agree in compassionate treatment of victims in a court of law.. the way HB was treated and the young girl having to demonstrate masturbation was harsh ... And come on is a kid really gonna make that up and go through the shame of going to court to tell a lie... It's just ludicrous to think that.
The Judge has explained her reasons for the way she ruled. If you can try and read a copy :)

I doubt that I have ever heard of a vulnerable woman receiving such insensitive treatment.
It epitomises the tone of the trial both for witnesses and survivors who had experienced terror and lasting injury both mentally and physically.
The judge listened to details of HB's ordeal yet she allowed and condoned CB's lawyer moving her chair. Unheard of and sadistic and obviously a tactic to unsettle the witness!
Snip
HB, was asked by the defence to be deliberately positioned in her seat so that she was forced to face the alleged perpetrator.
Unfortunately behind a paywall but it seems the Irish Times are less than impressed with what happened to HB at the hands of German justice
The Irish Times
https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/2024/10/08/how-hazel-behan-w… How Hazel Behan was treated in German rape trial of CB …
WEB1 day ago · Tue Oct 08 2024 - 20:14. When Hazel Behan left a German courtroom last May, she could have been forgiven for thinking she had been on trial for her own sexual assault.

Last edited:
for me the Judge was in a hard position. She had witnesses that kept contradicting themselves and each other. She somehow to get to the truth of what happened.
The problem is that the presiding judge made up her mind right at the very beginning of the trial. Procedure is to listen to all the evidence and all the witnesses throughout all the stages and base judgement on that.
For that to work, it is necessary to wait till it is all in at the end of the trial.

Now it will be a decision for the Supreme Court to decide if the witnesses and victims got a fair trial and I don't think we will have too long to wait for that decision to be made.
Because this was a shocking trial with witnesses and victims being pilloried in the foulest terms imaginable.
My opinion

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141