Found Deceased Germany - V., 9, Döbeln, Sachsen, Missing child did not arrive at school, 3 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
Per German privacy laws, I am not including her photo. For further privacy, I am using only her first initial. Photos available at links.

This case is particularly concerning, because she is only 9-years-old. Please share throughout Germany and surrounding countries, IMO.

"The girl had set off for school on Bayerische Strasse at around 6:50 a.m. She usually takes the C bus. It is not currently known whether she also took the bus on the morning of June 3.

Investigations revealed that she had not attended class."

Hair color/shape: dark blonde, medium length
Language/dialect: speaks broken German

Clothing: purple T-shirt
black jeans
light turquoise jacket
dark blue ankle-high shoes

Items carried:
has a pink school bag with her

Search dogs were used during the night, but she remains missing this morning.

Last edited:
so she's been missing about 24 hours now?
when did they start searching?
when did the parents realize she was missing?
when did the school notify the parents?
is there any surveillance at the school or surrounding the area?
this is frrightening

It seems the parents weren't contacted during the course of Monday that V. was missing. According to the report below family members (no further specifications on which ones) noticed she didn't come home from school in the afternoon and the parents notified the police in the evening. German "Abend" could be 6pm, it doesn't have to be 9pm.

www.dnn.de/lokales/mittelsachsen/doebeln/update-kind-in-doebeln-verschwunden-das-sagt-die-polizei-U3EAPVQ2WJDCXIGLZBTQ3LFXZA.html

There was a helicopter out looking for V. , especially in the vicinity of her school.

Since "V" speaks ''broken German'', assuming from a report that i read in English, that she may be from Ukraine? imo
Yes, according to the articles in German she speaks broken German, so the English reports have it right.

This report refers to her being Ukrainian in fact: www.radioerzgebirge.de/beitrag/wo-ist-valeriia-9-jaehrige-aus-doebeln-vermisst-828244/

It also says bodies of water are being searched. On land a search dog is being used, but I don't know exactly what kind.

MOO

when did the school notify the parents?
Apparently the school didn't notify the parents. According to this report, schools are required to: www.rtl.de/news/doebeln-valeriia-9-auf-dem-weg-zur-schule-verschwunden-warum-hat-schule-fehlen-nicht-gemeldet-id1639870.html

So, that's being questioned. It's conceivable that the school tried to notify the parents and couldn't reach them or leave a message.

It's going dark as I write and V. hasn't yet been found.

For anybody who can read German, there are more details and some pictures of the search here: www.saechsische.de/doebeln/mulde-polizei-sucht-mit-intensiv-nach-neunjaehriger-in-doebeln-6007719.html

MOO

My heart goes out to her family. It is devastating that she is still missing.

It says her family informed police at 6:25 pm, after searching themselves. They are trying to obtain security camera footage of places where people reported possible sightings.

They believe she did not get onto the bus that she normally takes to school:
"On Monday evening, Regiobus was still evaluating the video recording from the bus. "The girl obviously didn't travel on it," says Hagen [L], operations manager of Regiobus in Döbeln. The recording of a bus that left the bus station at the same time was also viewed - in case the child accidentally got on the wrong way. But that wasn't the case either.

According to a spokeswoman, the police are following up on tips that the girl from Ukraine was seen at the school."

I wonder if she really was seen at or near the school? It seems so unlikely. Maybe it's only children reporting that, because they are remembering the previous day or confusing her with another girl? JMO.

According to this report: www.fr.de/panorama/maedchen-sachsen-valeriia-verschwunden-polizei-eltern-suche-vermisst-93108857.html (update as of 9:32 this morning)

the search has been "interrupted" to check witness statements.
That seems very early to me to stop searching. MOO. I have no expert knowledge of SAR.

Yesterday Super Recognizers joined the search in the town. These are experts in quick facial recognition.

FR = Frankfurter Rundschau is reputable German media.

All JMO
Fascinated that LE would bring such people to help search!
'Sep 15, 2023 #facialrecognition
David Screeche-Powell possesses exceptional facial recognition skills, classifying him as a super recogniser. His remarkable ability is a valuable asset in the emerging field of facial recognition technology, offering substantial support to police forces in the identification of individuals, including both criminals and missing persons, captured in CCTV footage'.

This article says that Valeriia's father believes his daughter was kidnapped. It discusses how Valeriia's father was fighting to defend Ukraine while she and her mother resided in Germany. He has received leave from the Ukrainian army to travel to Germany during this difficult time.

He makes an appeal to whoever was involved in her disappearance to get the courage to return her to her parents. He wishes to hold her in his arms again.

Sadly a body has been found in the woods and "Investigators are now checking whether it is the missing girl from Ukraine." The location is about 4 km. from her home.

"The criminal police and a crime scene team from the Saxony State Criminal Police Office (LKA) are investigating the site, it was said. Further information will follow on Wednesday afternoon."

A body has been found in the woods. It has yet to be identified. Officers found the body during the search for missing 9 year old Valeriia.

The Döbeln police held a press conference today and confirmed that Valeriia, the 9 year old who went missing in Döbeln over a week ago, is dead. Her body was found in a forest near Döbeln. The police said she was a victim of a violent crime but said sexual assault can be ruled out. They are looking at people close to the family when it comes to murder suspects.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back