Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The root has nuclear DNA. Because for 1 nucleus there is at least a thousand mitochondria, they are easier to extract. Now, depending on the mitochondria, their DNA may be either super rare or very common.

There are publications about sequencing DNA from the rootless hair, but with lots of imputations. It is not great for fresh hair, and may be crucial for old hair subjected to elements,
The rootless hair itself may not have DNA, but it may have dandruff attached to it that does.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason why people speculate that there are two different serial killers is because of the manner of death? The way the Gilgo Four were murdered and dumped were very different than the rest of the victims found in the area?

Someone mentioned earlier that in the Killing Season documentary, the "friend" of Jessica Taylor said he was told she was found wrapped in camo. Her head and hands were found along Ocean Parkway near Gilgo, but her torso and other remains were also found at Manorville. Melissa Barthelemy, whose body was wrapped in camo and who LE has now linked to Rex H, had also received a lot of calls from Manorville the week prior to going missing.

The overlap between what seems like two different killers and their victims is very interesting. I'm sure we'll find out more in the near future.

ETA: if this was a case of one SK simply imitating another SK based on what he reads in the news, how would he know that Rex H was wrapping bodies in camo?

ETA2: by camo, I'm referring to burlap, which we now know was camo burlap for the Gilgo 4. Jessica Taylor's "friend" claims he heard the police tell him she was wrapped in burlap.

I'm still on the fence about the other women/man/toddler, being victims of RH or someone he collaborated with or someone who was copying him.

Last edited:
In my our lifetime, an arrest is made for LISK!

10 victims

Friday’s reported arrest came after Suffolk County’s new police commissioner created a special Gilgo Beach Homicide Investigation Task Force in February last year

Gilgo Beach, LISK serial killings suspect in police custody

Thread #1
All they have though is just 1 hair, from his wife, correct? What other evidence is there? It's clearly written all over this demon's face, but what do they have to seal him away for life?

strange for a man who is supposed to be an architect. The architects I know dress very sharp, and are very aware of their looks and appearance this guy looks like a fake architect running a conn for the mob.
I mean something is very off about him.
My hunch, in over-analyzing mode to be honest, is he wasn't a great architect. He told the French interviewer that early in his career, his boss sent him to do some paperwork with the buildings department and he happened to be good at a bureaucratic work so his boss kept sending him to handle those tasks. RH then built his career on it.

Nothing wrong with that.

But my hunch is that the boss sent him to do that work because RW was not particularly good at architecture and it was a way to get the work done that nobody else wants to do. My opinion. Most architects would rather be doing the architecture work not sitting in the building department waiting room for hours like RW said he has the patience to do. He prides himself on being able to handle tedium.

Most people don't want to do that, though there is nothing wrong with handling that job. I just happen to think it was a niche for him when he might not have cut it as an architect otherwise.

I think he took pride in his father's career as engineer and he is bright enough to get through architecture schooling....but lacks the creative spark to make nice things and instead he dwells in problems. He likes problems.

My opinion only, worth what you paid for it.

I’m not a very visual person but I had to track this down.

NYPICHPDPICT000014115996.jpg

This looks creepy to me, but I don’t collect dolls or know anyone who collects dolls. It’s obviously supposed to stand upright, not lie flat like a coffin, but still creepy.

(Edit: also, I had never heard of time out dolls, and I just looked that up. What. The. Heck. That is some creepy Blair Witch Project stuff right there.)

It's curious why they would think this has evidentiary value, isn't it? I don't know. What I do know is that you just can't seize anything you want. So, there's something about that doll. MOO
Horton v. California, 496 U.S. 128, CPL § 690.10

Last edited:
All they have though is just 1 hair, from his wife, correct? What other evidence is there? It's clearly written all over this demon's face, but what do they have to seal him away for life?
Have you read the bail document? There is quite a bit in there, and that is not everything the investigators have as they are not required to release everything at this point.

jmo

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason why people speculate that there are two different serial killers is because of the manner of death? The way the Gilgo Four were murdered and dumped were very different than the rest of the victims found in the area?
i Watched a 2016 documentary on this last night where they had a German serial killer “amateur profiler” Peter Brendt. He said the G4 were displayed as “trophys” while some of the others that were dismembered were done by a “sadist”. I really have no idea but this guy seemed pretty certain. A&E season 1 “the killing season” 11/16/2016

who do you think killed Shannan Gilbert? how would It be RH?

I think there is either some connection with Dr.PH or you know he goes down to that area..drives around...checks on things..his little places...he could have been chasing her in his car...and maybe she thought pak was chasing her too..thus.."they are trying to kill me"..maybe she had some paranoia about her driver fueling this coupled with a big goon out in the middle off nowhere...yes, he is a huge man and I think it took someone huge to put her where she was found.people don't just die or get murdered and end up scattered along beaches....hmmm...one..maybe two...maybe over a span of 75 years there might be two..unknown persons maybe dead from the elements...

but 16 sets of remains , some of them mangled beyond recognition? all murdered in his neighborhood on his beach..

I think he could have driven by Shannon and saw someone alone and maybe intoxicated a little or dressed in an alluring way..she was very stunning and sensual looking..I think he chased her in and then he dragged her to where she was found..we will learn a lot in the coming weeks and months.

I’m not a very visual person but I had to track this down.

NYPICHPDPICT000014115996.jpg

This looks creepy to me, but I don’t collect dolls or know anyone who collects dolls. It’s obviously supposed to stand upright, not lie flat like a coffin, but still creepy.

(Edit: also, I had never heard of time out dolls, and I just looked that up. What. The. Heck. That is some creepy Blair Witch Project stuff right there.)
Our dear neighbour we lived next to for around six years had dozens of dolls on display, many for sale, that she had made herself before the arthritis in her hands got too bad (she was a vigorous woman in her late fifties, but ceramics is hard on the hands). Exquisitely clothed, beautifully handpainted faces and hands, but sinister as heck if it's not your special interest, which for me it is not. I can appreciate the craftsmanship and the skill it takes to make them while at the same time, finding them as creepy as clowns.

It probably didn't help that she decorated some parts of her equally beautiful cottage garden with the flawed facial blanks she didn't deem of good enough quality to use for the dolls.

Different strokes for different folks, YKINMKBYKIOK, and all that.

I strongly suspect the doll fancier or maker in the family is RH's wife or his mother. And we don't know why the doll in its case is being removed - it's entirely likely that it isn't creepily made from a trophy of the victim like human hair as has been suggested, but instead the case has tested positive for a presumptive test for blood and it has been removed for further testing.

MOO

Last edited:
Agree. I know a bunch of architects some well-off some not so much- they all have orderly and clean homes and care bout the way they present themselves.

It's part of their career to appear tidy vs a painter, well, no one bats an eye if they show up with pain splatter, or wearing jeans, etc. there are always exceptions but NYC is such a career-oriented city and is known for dressing sharp to succeed.

MOO/Speculation I am grateful they picked someone up for this. But, the more we learn the more infuriating it becomes for me at least, that they didn't do this much earlier. It seems pretty clear that they had enough to at least narrow this down back in 2011 and certainly 2012, but given the state of play and infighting, they didn't.

Witnesses reported to LE way back then that they had seen a customer of sex worker Amber Lynn Costello in a Chevy Avalanche the day before she was killed.
The first call to Amanda "was followed by a half-dozen more during the next six weeks."

In 2011 "Cops began to triangulate the phone, pinpointing the caller’s location to Times Square, Madison Square Garden and Massapequa, a short drive from Gilgo Beach. ...

... Did her murderer work in Midtown and commute from Long Island?" <-- This is 2011.

You have a car not typical for LI, esp back then, less so now, and a triangulation to Massapequa and you are telling me you can't find out from DMV who in Massapequa has a registered Chevy Avalanche? MOO It's very frustrating. I'm sure we haven't heard the last from the families on this. JMO

Newsday will have a paywall but here it is for rules purposes

Is anyone else creeped out by how close Rex Heuermann (born 1964), Joel Rifkin (born 1959) and Joseph Shulman (born 1954) lived to each other and were pretty close in age? All killed SWs. What's in the water in that part of LI?

Joseph Shulman address 11 Glow Lane Hicksville
Joel Rifkin address 1492 Garden Street East Meadow
Rex Heuermann address 501 1st avenue Massapequa Park
I googled bc yes this is crazy! But I think his name is Robert Shulman?

It's curious why they would think this has evidentiary value, isn't it? I don't know. MOO
We were discussing this a bit the other day. It's possible that his family needs some items out of the house, so the crime scene techs have to remove it instead of allowing the family to go in. But in the previous discussion, they were removing cat food and a cat tree/scratching post. This may valuable to the family, but I'm sure they'll take a closer look at it for evidence before releasing it to them. The cat stuff probably didn't have a lot of potential evidentiary value.

Looks like they finally got into his gun safe today and have now (or are currently) removing many of his rifles and guns (firearms). Wonder why RH had so many firearms? Was he planning a shoot out with LE if he was ever apprehended? Just speculation, of course.

Probably another collection. Some form of OCD. JMO.

It would be awesome if RH's arrest blew open connections to others. But I don't think people liked RH that much and can't see him having a strong link to anyone. I could be wrong, of course. What do I know, lol.

jmo

It does appear he is an unlikeable guy but managed to stay married and had a family so, I'm betting he has at least one creepy friend that liked visiting sex workers too.
Birds of a feather.

That is a straight-haired cheap toupee. The guy was a cheapskate. My guess is his hobbies were expensive. I think he'll have another addiction besides being an SK.

It looks like a toupee but on the mug shot his hair looks natural.
Just a theory: could he suffer from trichitillomania?

Another interesting thing I found in the article:

I’m just looking at the statistics and doing the research,” the data-driven Johnston said modestly.

“We look at the research and we’ve been studying serial killers for probably 40 years,” she said.

“Serial killers rarely kill after the age of 50,” she added.

I wonder if SK cooling off after 50 could be explained by decreasing testosterone in older age.

However, nowadays, there are clinics that prescribe testosterone to aging men.

Could we see the “staying active after 50” trend in serial killers now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB