Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, her phone wasn't recovered, correct ?
It was. Her jacket was found near her client's house. Other items ... see map

I took the time to compile a list of all building permits (available here) obtained by Rex Heuremann during his career (spanning from 1992 to present day) to see if there are any discernible patterns between his work and the murders and noticed a few things.

From 1992 to 2023, RH obtained 238 building permits -- all within the 5 boroughs of NYC -- for various projects ranging from demolitions and porch construction to entire gut renovations of large-scale apartment buildings and commercial spaces. Most of the permits he obtained were in Manhattan, with a large proportion of them in Midtown.

Throughout the 31 years he has been a practicing architect, there was only one year in which he didn't obtain a single permit -- 1996. RH did not obtain a single new permit between December 1995 and August 1997, despite not having any large ongoing projects which could conceivably account for the lack of new permit applications. Interestingly, the bodies of the Fire Island Jane Doe and the dismembered torso of an unidentified woman known as "Peaches" were found during this professional hiatus on April 20, 1996 and June 28, 1997, respectively.<modsnip - not an approved source>

Additionally, on March 5, 2007, RH obtained a permit for a $200,000 contract at 115 1290 1st Avenue in Manhattan. While I was unable to obtain any information about when construction at the site actually commenced, it is worth noting that 1290 1st Avenue is less than a mile from the 59th Street Bridge, where Maureen Brainard-Barnes' cellphone pinged at around 11:56 p.m. on July 9, 2007 <modsnip>

Good work! Interesting info and dates to consider.

Also, for any locals... is there something significant located at the 59th St bridge... other than the bridge, of course? I was reading back through Michael Pak's depo with John Ray and IIRC Shannan Gilbert and MP met-up (at some point) at the 59th St bridge.

ETA: Page 33 is the first mention of the 59th St bridge, maybe it's a common location to meet someone??

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work! Interesting info and dates to consider.

Also, for any locals... is there something significant located at the 59th St bridge... other than the bridge, of course? I was reading back through Michael Pak's depo with John Ray and IIRC Shannan Gilbert and MP met-up (at some point) at the 59th St bridge.

ETA: Page 33 is the first mention of the 59th St bridge, maybe it's a common location to meet someone??

It's a common midtown bridge that has no toll to get in and out of Manhattan. The no toll thing is why most people use it.

For a guy who has stayed put in Massapequa Park for 25+ years, as well as a long time user of public transportation (LIRR) is anyone else a little surprised more people aren’t coming out the the woodwork with stories, anecdotes, etc about RH. Theirs been very little out of his neighbors (seems to have kept to himself), nothing from the wife or brother or other family yet, only one or two co-workers/colleagues have commented, and perhaps most intriguing their has been no other sex worker come forward having recognized him as a client (perhaps for legal reasons). SCPD has said he has still been actively seeking out sex workers - so nothing? Has this man been living in the shadows and keeping a low profile, the incident in Brady park a few weeks ago suggest he’s still a more brazen man. Is the fear that this case and Suffolk county might get this wrong ..again, keeping everyone tight lipped? Where are the childhood friends? Ex girlfriends? Other call girls? It seems divided between ‘nice guy kept to himself’, and ‘yeah he was weird something was up’ - who is the real Rex Heuerman? Who hurt him? Where does this pain and hatred come from? Is he psychotic, a psychopath, angry issue, family abuse - what do we really now about him aside from being a towering man, an architect with sloppy hair, a cat, a wife and two kids?

Post in thread 'Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2' Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

I wonder if the question is, what is not in the water?

Higher Lithium levels in water correlate not only with reduced suicide rate (well-known), but with reduced violent crime.

Of course, not necessarily Litium.

These ingredients were high in NYC water in 2011

I don't think that everyone responds to it the same way, but if people are genetically predisposed to violence and live all their lives in the same area, I think it is important to check what is, or is not, present in that water and soil.

or is there high levels of LEAD in the paint when they were young?

Is anyone else following the possible Serial Killer in Portland?
I don't know how to start a new topic.
Sorry to drop this here but he is a suspect in 6 women's homicides.

"Four of six women suspiciously found dead in and around Portland, Oregon over the last several months appeared to be connected to a possible serial killer, authorities admitted on Monday after city investigators previously insisted there was no link among the half-dozen cases."
Portland police reverse course, believe deaths of 4 women may be work of possible serial killer

Is anyone else following the possible Serial Killer in Portland?
I don't know how to start a new topic.
Sorry to drop this here but he is a suspect in 6 women's homicides.

"Four of six women suspiciously found dead in and around Portland, Oregon over the last several months appeared to be connected to a possible serial killer, authorities admitted on Monday after city investigators previously insisted there was no link among the half-dozen cases."
Portland police reverse course, believe deaths of 4 women may be work of possible serial killer

Thread is here:

It was. Her jacket was found near her client's house. Other items ... see map

I’m blaming the Mandela Effect for believing all this time that their cell phones were left at home/hotel.

''Attorneys for alleged Gilgo Beach murders suspect Rex Heuermann have insisted on their client’s innocence.

Criminal defence attorney Michael J Brown described 59-year-old Mr Heuermann as a loving husband and devoted father and suggested that investigators are ignoring stronger leads in the probe into the deaths of slain sex workers Melissa Barthelemy, Amber Costello and Megan Waterman.

“There is nothing about Mr Heuermann that would suggest that he is involved in these incidents,” Mr Brown said in a statement to New 12.

“And while the government has decided to focus on him despite more significant and stronger leads, we are looking forward to defending him in a court of law before a fair and impartial jury of his peers.”

For a guy who has stayed put in Massapequa Park for 25+ years, as well as a long time user of public transportation (LIRR) is anyone else a little surprised more people aren’t coming out the the woodwork with stories, anecdotes, etc about RH. Theirs been very little out of his neighbors (seems to have kept to himself), nothing from the wife or brother or other family yet, only one or two co-workers/colleagues have commented, and perhaps most intriguing their has been no other sex worker come forward having recognized him as a client (perhaps for legal reasons). SCPD has said he has still been actively seeking out sex workers - so nothing? Has this man been living in the shadows and keeping a low profile, the incident in Brady park a few weeks ago suggest he’s still a more brazen man. Is the fear that this case and Suffolk county might get this wrong ..again, keeping everyone tight lipped? Where are the childhood friends? Ex girlfriends? Other call girls? It seems divided between ‘nice guy kept to himself’, and ‘yeah he was weird something was up’ - who is the real Rex Heuerman? Who hurt him? Where does this pain and hatred come from? Is he psychotic, a psychopath, angry issue, family abuse - what do we really now about him aside from being a towering man, an architect with sloppy hair, a cat, a wife and two kids?
We have heard from a few neighbors and colleagues who have given interviews, and a classmate or two, and over time we are beginning to hear from more people who knew RH. I am guessing that a lot of people who knew him in some way are reluctant to come forward and be associated with an accused serial killer, which is understandable.

I wouldn't expect to hear from his family members, other than through his attorney or their own representative.

I do think you have raised some good questions about RH, but they are very personal and likely stayed private to him. Colleagues who worked with him and knew him have said that he had a clear separation between his professional and private lives.

JMO.

I took the time to compile a list of all building permits (available here) obtained by Rex Heuremann during his career (spanning from 1992 to present day) to see if there are any discernible patterns between his work and the murders and noticed a few things.

From 1992 to 2023, RH obtained 238 building permits -- all within the 5 boroughs of NYC -- for various projects ranging from demolitions and porch construction to entire gut renovations of large-scale apartment buildings and commercial spaces. Most of the permits he obtained were in Manhattan, with a large proportion of them in Midtown.

Throughout the 31 years he has been a practicing architect, there was only one year in which he didn't obtain a single permit -- 1996. RH did not obtain a single new permit between December 1995 and August 1997, despite not having any large ongoing projects which could conceivably account for the lack of new permit applications. Interestingly, the bodies of the Fire Island Jane Doe and the dismembered torso of an unidentified woman known as "Peaches" were found during this professional hiatus on April 20, 1996 and June 28, 1997, respectively. <modsnip - not an approved source>

Additionally, on March 5, 2007, RH obtained a permit for a $200,000 contract at 115 1290 1st Avenue in Manhattan. While I was unable to obtain any information about when construction at the site actually commenced, it is worth noting that 1290 1st Avenue is less than a mile from the 59th Street Bridge, where Maureen Brainard-Barnes' cellphone pinged at around 11:56 p.m. on July 9, 2007 <modsnip>
Wow! Great work. You might send it to the task force.

Throughout the 31 years he has been a practicing architect, there was only one year in which he didn't obtain a single permit -- 1996. RH did not obtain a single new permit between December 1995 and August 1997, despite not having any large ongoing projects which could conceivably account for the lack of new permit applications. Interestingly, the bodies of the Fire Island Jane Doe and the dismembered torso of an unidentified woman known as "Peaches" were found during this professional hiatus on April 20, 1996 and June 28, 1997, respectively.<modsnip - not an approved source>

I have been going down a rabbit hole and looking into missing persons and unidentified persons on NamUs to see if anything stood out from mid 90s to current. This is me again thinking out loud JMO there were several people I saw on NamUs that were buried under cement in buildings who were unearthed during construction years later. RH being an architect and having access to building during construction made me start thinking wild things!! JMO maybe it’s time for bed IDK!

We have heard from a few neighbors and colleagues who have given interviews, and a classmate or two, and over time we are beginning to hear from more people who knew RH. I am guessing that a lot of people who knew him in some way are reluctant to come forward and be associated with an accused serial killer, which is understandable.

I wouldn't expect to hear from his family members, other than through his attorney or their own representative.

I do think you have raised some good questions about RH, but they are very personal and likely stayed private to him. Colleagues who worked with him and knew him have said that he had a clear separation between his professional and private lives.

JMO.

I absolutely agree, IMO social media has significant impact on people speaking out, recent arrests in both Delphi and Idaho cases have everyone questioning where’s their family and friends? There’s those people who are most likely caught off guard from the shock of knowing suspect when news media corners them (co-workers, associates, and neighbors) and then those temporarily transformed into news magnets by the sensationalized arrest wanting to share their personal experience. But, eventually both groups probably regret having spoken out publicly especially when social media track them down.

Watching the killing season. In episode 2, a man (cannot remember his name but he provides insight) says of the GB4, the killer is a collector.

Just… wild knowing he seemingly collects guns. “Collecting” just gets me even if it wasn’t meant the way I’m taking it.

Also, did not know Maureen’s friend may have gotten a call from LISK. Highly recommend watching this for those who haven’t yet. Thanks to those who mentioned it in these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassysyl