Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back on some of the details - Melissa Barthelemy checked her voicemail approx July 9 2009 from a Best Western in Massapequa and then from a Budget Inn in Massepequa. The Best Western was only .6 mi from Heuermann's home. The Budget Inn was 1.3 mi.
Does anyone know why two motels? Why would she have moved?

fellas a loon, to deliberately seek a stranger out after a minor incident is bizarre

I wonder if these were signs that he was decompensating psychologically & the reason why LE arrested him when they did. There's also the disturbing incident at a Long Island park a couple of weeks before the arrest:

Disturbing Encounter with Gilgo Beach Murder Suspect Reported by Young Long Island Woman

The incident at the park has already been mentioned on threads 1 & 2, probably this one as well.

Last edited:
I was wondering if she meant "date" rather than a date date .. as in she was in a similar line of work as his other victims.. (or something adjacent like a sugar-daddy thing?) I agree though, if not that it doesn't sound super believable.

I'm still catching up, so this has probably already been posted, but from more recent reporting it does appear that is the case.

We know he relied on his size to intimidate but having the gall to ambush a stranger when it's fairly common for a lot of us in the city to have some sort of self defense item at the ready. It makes me wonder if he had a conceal and carry permit. He sure was brazen. And dumb.
I wonder if, since he has been under surveillance, he was somehow starting to feel "watched" and he was getting nervous. Not sure what might have tipped him off, but maybe there was something he noticed.

I don't think they proved or disproved. I don't think anyone in LE or media particularly took him seriously enough to bother. I will eat my hat if it was true, though.

He was an odd guy. I could see him hooking up with all kinds of people from online apps etc.

IMHO, it could be one of the two.

First, whether his family might suffer, be removed of the house, etc.

Second, if indeed some buddy was marginally involved (unlikely but can't be excluded), RH hoped that the person would have the guts to remove some clues. Being not a social guy, RH is predictable and hunts where he stays, so the police could sort out who could have helped him, and where. A female companion, statistically, is unlikely, IMHO.
remember he has a "company"... with city contracts- in his "other" life, he has his business reputation to worry about

I thought about business associates. Perhaps it hadn't quite sunk in that he will not be free again and was wondering about his livelihood and how this news would damage it.

jmo
With all those guns (200 guns seized, reports have said... 92 of which were registered) and his reportedly preventing others from seeing the room they were stored in, would it be a stretch to wonder whether his livelihood extends beyond the conventional to include firearms dealing?

It was hard to tell much detail, but in the photos of LE searching the backyard, there was an evidence marker (#2 or #3, IIRC) next to an open toolbox or ammunition box and it looked like that box contained many bundles or wads of something that to my eyes looked like the colors of US currency. Another poster here indicated they thought the same.

If he was an illicit dealer, I would imagine that unwelcome press AND the presence of LE would permanently drive away customers who prefer to transact far from scrutiny (and would probably have past clients worried at this point that he may have documented some connection to them in such a way that LE might find it while searching for evidence related to the murders).

Rex Heuermann was a seasonal employee at Jones Beach State Park in [the] summer of 1981 and from 3/05/82 through 10/24/84,”

He was likely working there as a college student, he would have been about 17-20 during this time period, if I am remembering his birth date correctly.

With all those guns (200 guns seized, reports have said... 92 of which were registered) and his reportedly preventing others from seeing the room they were stored in, would it be a stretch to wonder whether his livelihood extends beyond the conventional to include firearms dealing?

It was hard to tell much detail, but in the photos of LE searching the backyard, there was an evidence marker (#2 or #3, IIRC) next to an open toolbox or ammunition box and it looked like that box contained many bundles or wads of something that to my eyes looked like the colors of US currency. Another poster here indicated they thought the same.

If he was an illicit dealer, I would imagine that unwelcome press AND the presence of LE would permanently drive away customers who prefer to transact far from scrutiny (and would probably have past clients worried at this point that he may have documented some connection to them in such a way that LE might find it while searching for evidence related to the murders).
Maybe some of the guns were inherited from dad, grandpa.

jmo

Yes and probably most of them know what food stamps WERE. it isnt important ,its a fine detail that shows us something without saying it.
The grocery store clerk who provided the food stamp info also said she watched the kids grow up. Considering the younger of the two children is now 27'ish, I would assume the grocery store clerk was born before 1978. Not sure why this matters at all, tbh.

jmo

I am so glad there has been an arrest made in this case. I have spent years looking at evidence. Speculating with friends, some of whom are cops. A buddy and I have even taken late night rides in the area years ago hoping to find this monster "dumping bodies". As if he was going to go back to same spot to dump more bodies. I am actually surprised he picked that location. It is quite and desolate late at night but a cars headlights would be visible a ways out in either direction. A lot of teens (I was one of them) would takes rides to the area to smoke weed and do other things teens do. We sometimes would play cat and mouse with state troopers/park rangers trying to catch us. He must have went very late at night (12AM to 4AM) when LE activity was non existent. Getting pulled over on Ocean parkway with a body is a very fast and easy way to get caught, especially if you are from Massapequa. I am still wondering if he boated the bodies across the bay. see my map below

There's also a coast guard station very close to where all the bodies were found. One of my theories is the killer was in the coast guard.

The red ex's are where some of bodies were found
the green circle is where the Coast Guard base is
A lot of people use Ocean Parkway to avoid traffic on the Southern State Parkway. At night there would be no traffic. So it would only make sense to drive the Ocean Parkway if you are from the area or doing something in the area. It would make no sense for someone who doesn't live East (right) or West (left) of the two blue arrows I drew. For example if you need to get from freeport to bay shore and the southern state is backed up. You would take the Meadowbrook or Wantagh south to ocean parkway. Take ocean east to Robert moses parkway. Take that back north to the southern state in Bay shore. Massapequa is in between the eastern and western entrances to ocean parkway. Risking getting caught there late night then not having an explanation could trigger a cop to investigate further. Is it possible he boated, following my black line, and carried the bodies ( they are 100 pounds which should be hard for a man his size to carry) a few hundred feet south. Then got back on his boat and went home?

1689783276329.png

The grocery store clerk who provided the food stamp info also said she watched the kids grow up. Considering the younger of the two children is now 27'ish, I would assume the grocery store clerk was born before 1978. Not sure why this matters at all, tbh.

jmo
Well,it may not ever matter but EBT Monies go for 50 cents on the dollar and normaly sex workers money is cash under the table ...so collecting EBT cards ,and pin numbers from phones might have been a thing. Not sure. But I expect it to be a thing in this investigation and that- Rex -out there hooking up in the wilds and all. 20 years he cant be street stupid or it would have been over a long time ago. Just saying.

(black market ebt cards are stable investment if laws do not matter )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member