Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad there has been an arrest made in this case. I have spent years looking at evidence. Speculating with friends, some of whom are cops. A buddy and I have even taken late night rides in the area years ago hoping to find this monster "dumping bodies". As if he was going to go back to same spot to dump more bodies. I am actually surprised he picked that location. It is quite and desolate late at night but a cars headlights would be visible a ways out in either direction. A lot of teens (I was one of them) would takes rides to the area to smoke weed and do other things teens do. We sometimes would play cat and mouse with state troopers/park rangers trying to catch us. He must have went very late at night (12AM to 4AM) when LE activity was non existent. Getting pulled over on Ocean parkway with a body is a very fast and easy way to get caught, especially if you are from Massapequa. I am still wondering if he boated the bodies across the bay. see my map below

There's also a coast guard station very close to where all the bodies were found. One of my theories is the killer was in the coast guard.

The red ex's are where some of bodies were found
the green circle is where the Coast Guard base is
A lot of people use Ocean Parkway to avoid traffic on the Southern State Parkway. At night there would be no traffic. So it would only make sense to drive the Ocean Parkway if you are from the area or doing something in the area. It would make no sense for someone who doesn't live East (right) or West (left) of the two blue arrows I drew. For example if you need to get from freeport to bay shore and the southern state is backed up. You would take the Meadowbrook or Wantagh south to ocean parkway. Take ocean east to Robert moses parkway. Take that back north to the southern state in Bay shore. Massapequa is in between the eastern and western entrances to ocean parkway. Risking getting caught their late night then not having an explanation could trigger a cop to investigate further. Is it possible he boated, following my black line, and carried the bodies ( they are 100 pounds which should be hard for a man his size to carry) a few hundred feet south. Then got back on his boat and went home?

View attachment 435783
If he went by boat and he went by day, is it desolate enough that a "hunter" could carry a duffle bag and not be noticed? Or if a boat went across the bay at night, would that be noticed? I'm assuming the boat would need lights.

I picture him driving in at night with the bodies in back of the Avalanche, but willing to consider other ideas.

jmo

I think this case is one of the most prolific we will see in our lifetime. People will be coming out of the woodwork with their stories about encounters w RH. Are some of these peoples stories legitimate? Absolutely. The media contact people directly knowing their connection with RH. Neighbors, co workers, etc. I can’t imagine working with or living close to this man.

But then we have the randoms. The people media wouldn’t contact, so they go to the media themselves. These people who claim that they “knew something was off”, and even claim to have heard RH mention the murders/chat about the case yet never reported anything to anyone.

Again, I’m not saying all of these stories are BS or sus, but it’s a psychological phenomenon that we’re only seeing in recent years because of social media and it can be dangerous. People’s need to insert and associate themselves with current events/trashed/high media covered cases

Same and it’s so nice to see the return of all these OG usernames for this case.

How close was @Mountain_Kat back in 2015 !!

The grocery store clerk who provided the food stamp info also said she watched the kids grow up. Considering the younger of the two children is now 27'ish, I would assume the grocery store clerk was born before 1978. Not sure why this matters at all, tbh.

jmo

Wait what RH had footstamps? I thought he was a successful architect. What did I miss?

NY Post, I know, but we now have a former sex worker detailing an unsettling encounter with RH.

I find it incredibly creepy and disturbing that he chose to talk about his own alleged killings on a date. At this point, his dumping grounds had already been discovered. Was he still killing at this point and had found a different dumping ground? He wanted her to go back with him – did he just plan on having sex with her, or did he actually plan on killing her? Was he trying to set the stage for some kind of fantasy by bringing up he killings earlier in the night? Glad she trusted her instinct and hightailed it out of there.

I suspect that more of these stories will be coming out. Women who are still in sex work might be fearful to share any past encounters with him

JMO

I am so glad there has been an arrest made in this case. I have spent years looking at evidence. Speculating with friends, some of whom are cops. A buddy and I have even taken late night rides in the area years ago hoping to find this monster "dumping bodies". As if he was going to go back to same spot to dump more bodies. I am actually surprised he picked that location. It is quite and desolate late at night but a cars headlights would be visible a ways out in either direction. A lot of teens (I was one of them) would takes rides to the area to smoke weed and do other things teens do. We sometimes would play cat and mouse with state troopers/park rangers trying to catch us. He must have went very late at night (12AM to 4AM) when LE activity was non existent. Getting pulled over on Ocean parkway with a body is a very fast and easy way to get caught, especially if you are from Massapequa. I am still wondering if he boated the bodies across the bay. see my map below

There's also a coast guard station very close to where all the bodies were found. One of my theories is the killer was in the coast guard.

A lot of people use Ocean Parkway to avoid traffic on the Southern State Parkway. At night there would be no traffic. So it would only make sense to drive the Ocean Parkway if you are from the area or doing something in the area. It would make no sense for someone who doesn't live East (right) or West (left) of the two blue arrows I drew. For example if you need to get from freeport to bay shore and the southern state is backed up. You would take the Meadowbrook or Wantagh south to ocean parkway. Take ocean east to Robert moses parkway. Take that back north to the southern state in Bay shore. Massapequa is in between the eastern and western entrances to ocean parkway. Risking getting caught there late night then not having an explanation could trigger a cop to investigate further. Is it possible he boated, following my black line, and carried the bodies ( they are 100 pounds which should be hard for a man his size to carry) a few hundred feet south. Then got back on his boat and went home?

View attachment 435783

Did they ever put up trail cameras hoping to catch LISK in action?
I know it's a long stretch of beach but curious if they even attempted to catch the killer near his dumping ground. I bet e visited or slowed down often.

If he went by boat and he went by day, is it desolate enough that a "hunter" could carry a duffle bag and not be noticed? Or if a boat went across the bay at night, would that be noticed? I'm assuming the boat would need lights.

I picture him driving in at night with the bodies in back of the Avalanche, but willing to consider other ideas.

jmo
It is more likely he drove over there. Bu just being familiar with the area and law enforcement movements in the area, that's actually the riskier move. I have boated across the great south bay from Ocean beach and other finishing spots very late at night with buddies. If you are going slow and are familiar with the are and use the booyies as guides you don't need lights. Most days the bay is calm. Its near the ocean but not technically The ocean. Fire island shields the bay from the oceans roughness and choppiness. any 15 or 17 foot boat could make it across and back without being detected.

I’ve been trying to figure that out. Looks it has a spare tire on the back. A jeep? Between the truck and this, I am convinced he had a 4x4 fishing permit (sorry to fixate on this)which would give him access to miles of off-the-beaten path driving off Ocean Parkway and other LI beaches. I am a permit holder myself, for years. I am very familiar with these areas and these areas would have been ideal for a SK. Remote, desolate. I have been there alone many times.
Jeep

A lot of people use Ocean Parkway to avoid traffic on the Southern State Parkway. At night there would be no traffic. So it would only make sense to drive the Ocean Parkway if you are from the area or doing something in the area. It would make no sense for someone who doesn't live East (right) or West (left) of the two blue arrows I drew. For example if you need to get from freeport to bay shore and the southern state is backed up. You would take the Meadowbrook or Wantagh south to ocean parkway. Take ocean east to Robert moses parkway. Take that back north to the southern state in Bay shore. Massapequa is in between the eastern and western entrances to ocean parkway. Risking getting caught there late night then not having an explanation could trigger a cop to investigate further. Is it possible he boated, following my black line, and carried the bodies ( they are 100 pounds which should be hard for a man his size to carry) a few hundred feet south. Then got back on his boat and went home?

View attachment 435783
does he have a boat? I remember years ago people saying that he could pretend to be a hunter- and some news article I posted earlier in the thread said he was a hunter- here's another one-

Long Island killings 'the worst I've ever seen', top police ...

1689784655048.png
The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com › us-news › jul › long-is...

2 days ago — Heuermann, reportedly an avid hunter, held permits for 92 guns. He was ordered to be detained without bond, and is due back in court on 1 ...

so he could go out in camo, early or late...but duck season? deer season? did he hunt anything for real? get licenses? and would his dumping correspond to a season or would there be too many others out at that time?

I'm not sure why exactly, but her account doesn't ring true to me.

For one thing, why would a woman in her mid-twenties accept a date from then 49-year-old RH? He wasn't exactly a looker.

That might sound shallow, but I was a woman in my mid-twenties once.
Your absolutly correct.
I wonder if he paid her, or flashed around money drugs and EBT cards.
Anyway , I am happy she has a horrible date to talk about . Really happy actually ! And I hope she is wrapped in gods arms still,like she was that date night.

So i m new here, even though i sometimes followed up reading some posts in the past, but i never posted anything. I followed this case since 2015 or so , since i saw a documentary on the killings and it kinda had me hooked. I couldnt believe that with all the technology they had, with phone contacts , that they couldnt catch who did it. Long story short, i m happy they caught that guy.

Now i havent read everything in the threat as it is a lot ! But my personal opinion is that he did all the killings beside Shannan ( i still believe she could be victim of a crime, but it might be coincidence and not connected )
His age fits to be the killer for all of them and with the google searches found, i even believe he is responsible for the asian male ! It is just weird otherwise why would he search something like that, if there wouldnt be some gratification he gets from it.

The second thing: Do we know if he was already under full surveillance last year ? I thought there must be something about a 10 year old girl for him, cause he kept looking up 10 year old girl on google, like he was obsessed with it. He purchased his property close to Chester South Carolina 2021 if i understood right. So i was looking in Namus for missing persons cases and in NC Shelby, which is about one hour car ride from Chester there seems to be a 10 year old girl missing since November 2022.
I have to say this is obviously just speculation and it might be totally unrelated of course. I cannot find anything about that girl or case online, so i dont even know what is going on, it might be a girl that was kidnapped by a parent and it isnt at all related to RH. But if not, and she just disappeared , then this might be interesting. But in that case i would think the media would habe probably wrote something about it.

I think he might have maybe slowed down a bit the last years due to Covid, his wife might have stayed home more and not gone on holidays for long periods of time which might not have given him many opportunities .

All of this is just my opinion , sorry english isnt my first language, so sorry for grammar or spelling mistakes in advance.

Last edited:
I’m honestly surprised that they were eligible for food stamps given that he has a well-paying job. Here in GA I got denied trying to apply for food stamps a few years ago; I don’t own my own house and definitely don’t have a well-paying job like an architect. Must be different in NY, although I’m curious as to how much of his money went to help support his family and whether or not his wife had any idea of how much he was actually making.

JMO

Quoting from the argument on the train story: "While he was legally registered to own 92 guns, police found over 200 firearms and other weapons in the small house."

I don't know anything about New York law. Could someone tell us if that means the 108 unregistered guns are illegal or could they be legal because he's owned them longer than the registration law has been on the books?
I don’t know the legality of them but I wouldn’t be surprised if his father and grandfather were avid hunters or gun collectors and he “inherited” a lot of these from them. I’d bed a lot of them are really old and have been in the family for generations.

NY Post, I know, but we now have a former sex worker detailing an unsettling encounter with RH.

I find it incredibly creepy and disturbing that he chose to talk about his own alleged killings on a date. At this point, his dumping grounds had already been discovered. Was he still killing at this point and had found a different dumping ground? He wanted her to go back with him – did he just plan on having sex with her, or did he actually plan on killing her? Was he trying to set the stage for some kind of fantasy by bringing up he killings earlier in the night? Glad she trusted her instinct and hightailed it out of there.

I suspect that more of these stories will be coming out. Women who are still in sex work might be fearful to share any past encounters with him

JMO

Also from the article:

"Brass said she never went to the police with her suspicions about Heuermann because she said she did not have any concrete evidence against him — and on top of that, she was on parole for a drug conviction at the time.

“I’m a felon and had a history and didn’t want to get involved with cops,” Brass explained. “I think he went after girls who were addicts or had a record, or anyone less likely to talk to police.”

I’m honestly surprised that they were eligible for food stamps given that he has a well-paying job. Here in GA I got denied trying to apply for food stamps a few years ago; I don’t own my own house and definitely don’t have a well-paying job like an architect. Must be different in NY, although I’m curious as to how much of his money went to help support his family and whether or not his wife had any idea of how much he was actually making.

JMO

I think he may have committed fraud and used his wife's and/or son's disability to apply for assistance.
If he did commit fraud he should be charged for that as well.
Which is far less serious than being a SK but I don't think they would qualify for assistance with his income.

does he have a boat? I remember years ago people saying that he could pretend to be a hunter- and some news article I posted earlier in the thread said he was a hunter- here's another one-

Long Island killings 'the worst I've ever seen', top police ...

View attachment 435785
The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com › us-news › jul › long-is...

2 days ago — Heuermann, reportedly an avid hunter, held permits for 92 guns. He was ordered to be detained without bond, and is due back in court on 1 ...

so he could go out in camo, early or late...but duck season? deer season? did he hunt anything for real? get licenses? and would his dumping correspond to a season or would there be too many others out at that time?
I have been living in the area for over 25 years and spend a decent amount of time on boats in the area. ITS SO RARE to see people hunting there. Even though its technically legal to shoot your guns off the boats . The one time we did it "karens" had the cops there fast. NY gun laws are constantly found unconstitutional and make zero sense half the time. Also, Long Island is heavily populated. The cops told us to be careful or go into the actual Atlantic.

Below is a map of where duck hunting is even legal on long island. As you will see most of the areas its permitted are on the less populated eastern end. Only the babylon marsh is a legal hunting area near the bodies. Getting a permit for that are is hard (supply/Demand).
Red Circle is Massapequa. Red x is near bodies. Interesting enough, there's much more hunting areas Near Manorville than near gilgo/Massapequa.
1689785527105.png

Also from the article:

"Brass said she never went to the police with her suspicions about Heuermann because she said she did not have any concrete evidence against him — and on top of that, she was on parole for a drug conviction at the time.

“I’m a felon and had a history and didn’t want to get involved with cops,” Brass explained. “I think he went after girls who were addicts or had a record, or anyone less likely to talk to police.”
When she first came forward, I will fully admit, I was skeptical of her story. Now that more details are coming out about her past and history, I am finding her more believable. I almost feel bad for not finding sincerity it her initial statements but a lot of fabrications come out of the woodwork when major headlines like this break. I really am starting to think she is being truthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman