Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In your link RH's attorney says:

"The press has convicted my client without seeing a shred of evidence,” Michael Brown told reporters after the hearing, suggesting that prosecutors "very well could have the wrong guy."

Guess Brown doesn't know was a Bail Document is....
He hasn't had time to read it cause he's only one person yah know.

So he came from Massapequa Park then turned his car around and THEN dumped the bodies on the north side? <modsnip> I assume any killer wanted to dump the bodies then get away unnoticed. Then coming from the east would be easier, would it not? <modsnip>

MOO
Or perhaps he just wanted to create a false impression (should the victims be found) for investigators that the killer lived in other direction ... ;)

"The press has convicted my client without seeing a shred of evidence,” Michael Brown told reporters after the hearing, suggesting that prosecutors "very well could have the wrong guy."

Police on Long Island are expected to hold a news conference on Friday to announce new details in the Gilgo Beach murders -- a senior law enforcement source says it's the identity of a seventh Jane Doe in the case.

Woops - meant to quote the person above you who posted the link.

I wonder how they identified her. Were they already trying to identify her before his arrest? Or has his arrest helped them identify her?

This ' didn't read, won't read' must be a new fashion statement..

I can't with them..

I sit here this morning with high hopes for today's presser. I hope that it brings us:

- Charges for th murder of Maureen; and
- The identifications of our young Asian Doe, "Peaches", and Peaches' Daughter.

I wonder if there’s anything to his choice of email alias “Springfieldman9”, or if it’s just totally random. I didn’t see any mention of “Springfield” in @citizen_sleuth ’s timeline.

There is a Springfield, NY about 3.5 hours north of Manhattan, and a Springfield, NJ about 45 minutes from Manhattan, fwiw.

Eta: Shoot, looking at other state’s he’s been connected to, there’s also Springfield, SC...there’s probably a Springfield in every state.

Maybe nothing. Or something.

There IS a Springfield in every state! The only town name that IS in every state.

Even in "Simpsons" land.
I think RH's Springfield, is the gun.

Last edited:
Police on Long Island are expected to hold a news conference on Friday to announce new details in the Gilgo Beach murders -- a senior law enforcement source says it's the identity of a seventh Jane Doe in the case.

I wonder how they identified her. Were they already trying to identify her before his arrest? Or has his arrest helped them identify her?
I'm feeling the most complicated, heightened anxiety but also excitement. I almost feel sick with it. Peaches and her daughter, Fire Island Doe, Asian Doe... they've been waiting so long. Is it one of them, or is it someone else? Is it someone we don't know about? Whose name are we going to hear for the first time?

MOO

I’ve been wondering if he searched the names and families of other victims, not just the ones who have been identified. If so, LE might have leads on those identities from his searches. 10:30 will be interesting.

I'm feeling the most complicated, heightened anxiety but also excitement. I almost feel sick with it. Peaches and her daughter, Fire Island Doe, Asian Doe... they've been waiting so long. Is it one of them, or is it someone else? Is it someone we don't know about? Whose name are we going to hear for the first time?

MOO
Yeah.. the article says it's the identity of the "7th victim" which is a bit vague. fire island jane doe is referred to as Jane Doe #7 so it could be her... but other articles say the 7th victim found was the toddler. You'd think if the toddler was identified then Peaches would be too and vice versa.

Either way, if it's one of them and is tied to him... it proves he'd been active before, and possibly after, the gilgo 4.
ETA - it does say Jane Doe in the article, so I guess that rules out Asian doe if they're thought to be biologically male.

Yeah.. the article says it's the identity of the "7th victim" which is a bit vague. fire island jane doe is referred to as Jane Doe #7 so it could be her... but other articles say the 7th victim found was the toddler. You'd think if the toddler was identified then Peaches would be too and vice versa.

Either way, if it's one of them... it proves he'd been active before, and possibly after, the gilgo 4.
ETA - it does say Jane Doe in the article, so I guess that rules out Asian doe if they're thought to be biologically male.
It may also mean the seventh to be identified.
Melissa
Megan
Amber
Maureen
Jessica
Valerie
That's six.

EDIT: I don't think it necessarily excludes Asian Doe, since it's entirely possible they were transgender and identified as female.

MOO

I'm so excited that it seems like Peaches, her daughter, and I'd guess Asian Doe will finally have their names back! Edit: Fire Island Doe!!

I wonder if it was previously unreleased Google searches for their names, or if trophies were found in his house?

Last edited:
The authorities are expected to identify Jane Doe No. 7, whose remains were found on Fire Island in 1996.

The remains were later linked by DNA to other human remains found along Ocean Parkway near Gilgo Beach in 2011.

I'm so excited that Peaches, her daughter, and I'd guess Asian Doe will seemingly, finally have their names back!

I wonder if it was previously unreleased Google searches for their names, or if trophies were found in his house?
It looks like it may be Fire Island Doe, but this will be the seventh identification, so I'm not sure that some media haven't got their wires crossed between "Jane Doe #7/Fire Island Doe" and "seventh Jane Doe" identified. We'll know in three hours.

I think that since they took over, the new investigators have been beavering away at identifying the unidentified victims. I don't think it's necessarily related to the search of RH's life and belongings. I know that recently they released information that they knew of an ancestor of Peaches and asked for descendants of that person to help if they could. I think the genetic genealogy folks have been doing their darnedest, and whoever this ID turns out to be, they're just the first whose ID has been able to be confirmed, with the others still in the works but hopefully not too far away.

MOO

Last edited:

Investigators revealed the link between Peaches and Baby Doe in a recently updated case file listed in NamUs, a federal database used to help identify Jane and John Does nationwide, following inquiries from Zeman and Mills. They were acting on a tip from a Massapequa native who uses the handle “Fieldnotes” in the online crime buff forum WebSleuths. Fieldnotes previously told the Press he first noticed Jane Doe No. 3 wasn’t listed in NaMus in 2013 after meeting the victims’ families and pushed for her inclusion before authorities later confirmed Jane Doe No. 3 was actually Peaches.

:oops:

rbbm.
''The authorities are expected to identify Jane Doe No. 7, whose remains were found on Fire Island in 1996, the sources said. They were later linked by DNA to other human remains found along Ocean Parkway near Gilgo Beach in 2011.

Additionally, Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney told Newsday that authorities believe they will soon be able to identify the remains of three more unidentified victims in the larger Gilgo Beach investigation.''

“We’re honing in on that, and I think we’ll have information on that -- on some of the identifications shortly,” Tierney said.

Asked when, Tierney replied: “Real shortly.”

All this LISK stuff is happening so fast I can't keep up. What is the status of genetic geneaology efforts for "Peaches"?

Tierney, in a more than hourlong interview with Newsday on Thursday to discuss the ongoing Gilgo Beach homicide investigation and the efforts that culminated in the indictment and arrest of Heuermann more than 13 years after the first victims’ bodies were discovered, also revealed that authorities likely will be able to identify the remains of three of the total 10 victims whose remains were found in the vicinity of Gilgo Beach.

Those victims — a woman who investigators have nicknamed “Peaches” because of a tattoo she had, a toddler that was found with her and those of a man who was found separately — have remained unidentified.

“I think we’re getting closer with regard to all of those profiles,” said Tierney, who confirmed that the identifications would be made by the FBI using genetic genealogy, “among other things." The FBI used genetic genealogy to positively identify another of the 10 victims tied to Gilgo Beach: Valerie Mack, in 2020.

“We’re honing in on that, and I think we’ll have information on that — on some of the identifications shortly,” Tierney said.

Asked to specify if that meant weeks or months, Tierney replied: “Real shortly.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member