Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tastefulness/tastelessness of the jewellery aside, the org getting the donations, if it's the same org as in Australia, SWOP are good people. Run by sex workers, for sex workers. It's a legitimate organisation looking out for the safety of sex workers. In the Sydney Mardi Gras, they march every year alongside PWD (People With Disabilities). I worked in the same office as the local folks when I volunteered at our branch of ACON (AIDS Council of NSW) twenty years ago.

MOO

The jewelry is pretty if a bit overpriced, I like the funds going to them...but yeah it seems very tasteless to be naming pieces for the victims and such. Just...create and such but don't name the pieces for the victims or anything
The jewelry isn't as big and heavy as I was expecting. Parts of it are quite nice - the use of hearts, angels, small stones. It makes sense that a jeweler will design jewelry instead of a dress or car as a memorial. Donating the proceeds to SWs charity is quite nice. I'm not sure the spikes for the bushes are attractive. OTOH, I'm old and youngsters today love things I don't . . so perhaps it is very attractive to certain segments of younger women.

The jewelry is pretty if a bit overpriced, I like the funds going to them...but yeah it seems very tasteless to be naming pieces for the victims and such. Just...create and such but don't name the pieces for the victims or anything

If the families agreed to it, I think it would be fine especially to help other sex workers.

The DNA evidence against Heuerman, who has pleaded not guilty and professed his innocence in meetings with his lawyers, amounts to “a prosecutor’s dream,” said former Suffolk County prosecutor Steven Wilutis.

“It could have been somebody else picked up the hair someplace else, but on three different bodies?” Wilutis said. “I’d just put that DNA in and I’d rest [the case.]”

Fred Klein, the former chief of the major offense bureau for the Nassau County District Attorney’s office and a visiting professor of law at Hofstra University, said he likes circumstantial evidence like DNA and cellphone records because it “doesn’t lie” or “make mistakes.”
office.

gilgotear1.jpg

gilgotear4.jpg

Prosecutors have also said they linked Heuermann to the remains of Waterman and Costello through his wife, Asa Ellerup, who “cannot be excluded” as the owner of the female hairs found on one of the bodies. Prosecutors have said they don’t believe she had any knowledge of Heuermann’s alleged crimes and her hairs, according to the bail letter, were likely transferred from Heuermann’s clothing.

“You've got his hair and his wife's hair with the bodies where they were disposed, but how did it get there? When did it get there?” said Klein, who referred to DNA as after-the-fact evidence. “It's very strong evidence connecting him and his wife to the bodies, but it's not a slam dunk, because there's always questions about how it got there.”

The legal experts and former law enforcement officials interviewed for this story also cautioned that nobody outside of the probe currently knows the full breadth of the evidence gathered by the Gilgo Beach Homicide Task Force.

“You could have the pope and three nuns as witnesses and they still want more,” said Giacalone, the author of “The Cold Case Handbook,” published in May.

Ray would not make himself vulnerable to defamation or being disbarred.

He is only accusing AE of knowing that Rex had sex with sex workers in the basement, not knowing about murdering them.

Sometimes people really don't know what is right in front of their faces, so maybe Ray's witness is wrong even about knowing about sex with sex workers.

But I do not believe that Ray is wrong about the witness. There is too much at stake for him.

MOO
I'd like to think a lawyer is being honest when it comes to such a serious matter. But after 10 years of JR in the media flaunting himself like a peacock, he's on my last nerve with his show off antics.
What he really needs to do with his 'witness' is bring them to police and then let that person tell their story. He should never put something out that he can't prove without revealing that person and letting them tell the story to prove what they witnessed. JR should stay out of the GB4 victims case because as of right now, SG's death is not included in those murders.

Regarding John Ray's accusations of AE's involvement in RH's activities.

A lot of people are disgusted with John Ray for that. Bearing in mind John Ray has been pretty accurate in his opinions all along, I just ask one question of the wives out their on this forum.

If you were in AE's situation would you also be totally unaware of everything RH was doing?
First IMO let me say I find Johnny Ray to be a "snake oil salesman". He craves the limelight and is overly confrontational and unneccasarily bombastic.

Second IMO unless something like this happens to us in a relationship ( male or female) how do we know whether we would have known? We all like to think we would know. Some of us are "certain" we would know. But many of us have been cheated on and had no inkling until we are told. Maybe you are in a marriage and believe there is no cheating but there is - you just don't know about it yet.

Lots of couples have separate interests, do things individually with others and take individual trips. Some go fishing/ hunting/ golfing/bowling etc with the the "boys" or have tennis night etc - same for the women and their groups -tennis or otherwise.

Do I think my significant other is killing people on tennis night? Not hardly. Is it possible? I guess. I don't follow them or check up on them.

Bottom line - we never really know what goes on in anyone's relationshiop - sometimes not even in our own. IMO

ALL IMO

Last edited:
I think that AE's attorney, Robert Macedonio, had good intentions when he held the press conference but that he definitely failed to achieve a positive outcome for his client. I think he had several goals -

1. He wanted to clarify that the funds being raised were not going to the attorneys in this case, but to AE and her children. And to clarify that AE and her children are in dire financial need, and not financially comfortable as some on social media have been speculating. He also may have been trying to counter those on social media who have been saying that AE is not "deserving" of any help, since she is married to a suspected serial killer.

2. He wanted to get ahead of the news about the attorneys' next step to file a notice of claim in relation to possible future lawsuit(s). Since the deadline to file a notice of claim is coming up, once they filed it the media would be all over this story. I think the attorneys wanted to get ahead of this pending news story, but probably just a written statement would have been better as they sure didn't handle this well.

I don't have the same sense of the attorney for the adult children, Vess Mitev, and I wonder if his representation may be a disservice to them and by association, of course, to AE. If he has offered to represent the children pro bono, then it may have been diffiicult for them to decline.

All JMO.

I agree. She needs to lay low. The press and community aren't going to have much compassion if you are not mentioning the dead women her husband killed. It's not her fault or her family's fault but the attention needs to remain squarely front and center on these women who were brutally murdered.

I agree that AE and family need to be careful about the focus on them and the condition of the house, but I suspect their attorney has advised them not to speak publicly about the victims and the case against her husband.

They have been thrust into the spotlight through no fault of their own, and can't be expected to know how to deal with the situation, especially so quickly.

I think that AE's attorney, Robert Macedonio, had good intentions when he held the press conference but that he definitely failed to achieve a positive outcome for his client. I think he had several goals -

1. He wanted to clarify that the funds being raised were not going to the attorneys in this case, but to AE and her children. And to clarify that AE and her children are in dire financial need, and not financially comfortable as some on social media have been speculating. He also may have been trying to counter those on social media who have been saying that AE is not "deserving" of any help, since she is married to a suspected serial killer.

2. He wanted to get ahead of the news about the attorneys' next step to file a notice of claim in relation to possible future lawsuit(s). Since the deadline to file a notice of claim is coming up, once they filed it the media would be all over this story. I think the attorneys wanted to get ahead of this pending news story, but probably just a written statement would have been better as they sure didn't handle this well.

I don't have the same sense of the attorney for the adult children, Vess Mitev, and I wonder if his representation may be a disservice to them and by association, of course, to AE. If he has offered to represent the children pro bono, then it may have been diffiicult for them to decline.

All JMO.
Talking about money in the context of serial killing of women is tasteless - to put it mildly IMO

As for good intentions,

Don't they say that
"hell is paved" with them?

JMO

Talking about money in the context of serial killing of women is tasteless - to put it mildly IMO

As for good intentions,

Don't they say that

JMO

I agree, it was definitely not presented in a way that was helpful to his client. I hope AE doesn't suffer further because of it.

JR made his rounds tonight on NewsNation, was on Cuomo and Banfield (Brian E. hosted), I think he needs to shut up or he will find himself being sued by AE. He accused her of being on SNAP, how does he know that? I am in the same situation she is with a disabled adult child who I am the representative for and have a SNAP card in my name too to help her buy groceries. Here he is on Cuomo, can't find Banfield interview yet but watched it on my DVR.

AE and family lawyers on Cuomo

Found Banfield interview

YIKES.

Don’t even know where to start with that one.

That’s one hell of an accusation, and strong wording, to call her “complicit”.

Let’s say RH did have sex workers in his home, downstairs while his wife was upstairs. It still doesn’t mean she is complicit in murders. They could have had an arrangement or whatever you want to call it. Then to refer to the hairs on the bodies, we know how those hairs can transfer, if you share a household with someone.

What a crazy thing to do, go out in the open and accuse her of having involvement. He better have some darn proof, he says he does, but I think that’s something for investigators to determine and divulge, not him. Of course I/we can’t say what she knew and what she didn’t know.

As an attorney he should know what the word “slander” means.

Nasty, messy situation. Again, I/we don’t know what she knew and what she didn’t know, but going out and publicly accusing her? That is HUGE. If it turns out his accusations are false, then he needs to be disbarred.

And RH's Avalanche can't possibly be the only Avalanche on Long Island, where about 8 million people live.

Yeah, but....

Idk I’m always the one here to say that while many say, including LE, that “there’s no such thing as coincidences,” I have seen some craaaazy coincidences (could give many examples), so I DO think crazy coincidences exist, and I keep that in mind.

But this seems possibly different imo.

Maybe it is a coincidence. Or maybe it’s not. Still fishy.

Would like to find the exact map coordinates of that. Putting it on the list.

As for good intentions,

Don't they say that

JMO
Aren't both camps talking about $$$. Johnny Ray says why are these people being compensated $$$ when the murdered girls families were not compensated $$$( I believe JR did file a civil suit for $$$ against Peter Hackett the doctor living in Oak Beach back in the day for Jessica Taylor who is not one of the "3"). The murdered girls families are quoted as saying the same thing - we got no help $$$ why are people helping them $$$. I think Johnny Ray is trying to take the heat off himself - as in why was he not more helpful getting $$$- so he is spinning and trying to redirect towards Asa and also instill doubts about her to try and preserve or maybe even legally freeze some money $$$ for the murdered girl's families.

IMO Right now this whole immediate circus IS about $$$.

Plain and simple, Asa'a lawyer's job is maintain her legal rights. Okay fine do that. Any smart person imo in her position would have the same paperwork filed if they were advised to do so. She has not decided to sue LE btw as people are saying across the internet. The paperwork filed just maintains her right to do so should she chose to. And there is a window of time she has to do this in. End of story. Same with the kids lawyer just do your job.

As for Johnny Ray - he is a chaos maker - so he's gonna do what he's gonna do. But don't kid yourself, he is all about the $$$. The rest is just BS.

JUST IMO

I'd like to think a lawyer is being honest when it comes to such a serious matter. But after 10 years of JR in the media flaunting himself like a peacock, he's on my last nerve with his show off antics.
What he really needs to do with his 'witness' is bring them to police and then let that person tell their story. He should never put something out that he can't prove without revealing that person and letting them tell the story to prove what they witnessed. JR should stay out of the GB4 victims case because as of right now, SG's death is not included in those murders.
I see his fashion choices as perhaps flaunting himself like a peacock.

But when has he offered information that has not proven helpful? I'm talking substance, not style.

MOO

On the other hand, as EA has a lawyer right now, I wouldn't think John Ray would make such a statement if it put him at risk of defaming her.

I have a feeling that EA is innocent. But I don't have evidence either way.

In spite of that feeling, I do trust John Ray has good reason to say what he said. Making something like that up could put him in civil court danger. If the Daily News thinks he made it up, same goes for them.

MOO

My guess is his witness he claims has knowledge of wife being “complicit“ is a sex worker who went to the house, and claims wife was upstairs. That’s what it sounds like to me from what he’s saying.

But note, on Cuomo, he says she was upstairs while he was downstairs. So this still doesn’t mean she actively participated in anything. Having knowledge of? Well the witness wasn’t killed obviously, so how does she know...

JR was on WS YouTube a while back. I’m sure he would accept an invitation to come back, considering he seems to like the limelight.

But would we want to support the continuation of these claims? I wouldn’t think it’s a good idea. But I sure would like to grill him. I would ask him, “you realize you’re possibly slandering...” BLA BLA. More coffee needed. Whatever the case the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We don’t know what the future holds as far as additional information coming out. Yesterday in the PC, iirc, Bob the attorney said the family would speak with investigators at a later time.

Which again, I still don’t get why they haven’t been interviewed yet. I’ve never heard of such a thing, and commented on that earlier as far as her having potentially useful information for investigators.

Have you guys ever heard of a murder suspect’s family not being interviewed? I kept thinking maybe this was inaccurate reporting, but this was even confirmed in the PC yesterday. Makes no sense to me, jmo.

Last edited:

As for good intentions,

Don't they say that

JMO

I agree. I do think that the family has to say something as the fund raising was hanging out there. The lawyer doing it makes it so he is the one who gets the ire. It would have been smart to play their statements out in a focus/strategic crisis manager forum before they came before the public. I don't think they represented the family well. This families pain is real--their whole lives have been spent under the guise of a crime and based on lies. Not nearly as catastrophic as a murder but it is devastating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member