Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The odds of winning the lottery are about one in 3 million.

OOPS!
"Recently, it became possible to generate DNA sequencing for the strand of hair and make a DNA comparison with Ellerup.

The comparison revealed that the strand of hair on Brainard-Barnes’s restraints is “7.9 trillion times more likely to have come from a person genetically identical” to Ellerup than from an unrelated individual, said court documents.

The odds of winning the lottery are about one in 3 million.

OOPS!
"Recently, it became possible to generate DNA sequencing for the strand of hair and make a DNA comparison with Ellerup.

The comparison revealed that the strand of hair on Brainard-Barnes’s restraints is “7.9 trillion times more likely to have come from a person genetically identical” to Ellerup than from an unrelated individual, said court documents.

Bob Macedonio must think that Asa could have an identical twin sister hiding out somewhere./s

DNA from wife of suspected Gilgo Beach killer found on ...

New York Daily News
https://www.nydailynews.com › 2023/11/30 › gilgo-be...

Nov 30, 2023 — The district attorney had no comment on the report. Macedonio said if the hair does indeed belong to Ellerup it was “obviously transferred.”.

Yep!

IMO:
It's obvious that if she wasn't playing stupid to the truth there would be no 1.8 million Peacock windfall for her and her kids.
Not to mention her thoughts on what they're actually paying her for! Why would Peacock pay her anything if not for her attachment to (an alleged) serial killer husband?!?! She'd have zero relevance in life otherwise. A nobody that became a somebody because of every body that was slaughtered. MOO.

Not to mention her thoughts on what they're actually paying her for! Why would Peacock pay her anything if not for her attachment to (an alleged) serial killer husband?!?! She'd have zero relevance in life otherwise. A nobody that became a somebody because of every body that was slaughtered. MOO.
Slam dunk^^^^^^^^^^

IMO:
Asa should no longer be considered a victim of her husband but an ally.
They are acting together and protecting one another.

Bob Macedonio must think that Asa could have an identical twin sister hiding out somewhere./s

New York Daily News

Nov 30, 2023 — The district attorney had no comment on the report. Macedonio said if the hair does indeed belong to Ellerup it was “obviously transferred.”
Seriously, though, I do "think" it probably is transferred. I think he used the vehicle extensively in these murders (like really extensively) and the wife's and daughter's hairs were probably on the headrest. Probably the son usually sat in back, plus his hair obviously not as long. Just a guess, though, and finding it increasingly hard to stay with it in light of all the Peacock hoopla, and other things.
Agreed. Yuck, seriously. Agreed she can't do something like waitressing, retail work, not in this situation. But surely there had to be something more suitable for her than this. Just the fact alone she doesn't see how this is "a problem" is worrisome. Even a book wouldn't have been as bad. Here's my concern: What is going on with this woman that she can't see how bad this is? Never mind how bad it looks. How bad it is. Had she not done the protesting of the guns and had she expressed genuine sorrow for the victims from the beginning, I'd be a lot, lot more sympathetic. I don't think this looks bad. I think it just plain is bad.

Seriously, though, I do "think" it probably is transferred. I think he used the vehicle extensively in these murders (like really extensively) and the wife's and daughter's hairs were probably on the headrest. Probably the son usually sat in back, plus his hair obviously not as long. Just a guess, though, and finding it increasingly hard to stay with it in light of all the Peacock hoopla, and other things.

Agreed. Yuck, seriously. Agreed she can't do something like waitressing, retail work, not in this situation. But surely there had to be something more suitable for her than this. Just the fact alone she doesn't see how this is "a problem" is worrisome. Even a book wouldn't have been as bad. Here's my concern: What is going on with this woman that she can't see how bad this is? Never mind how bad it looks. How bad it is. Had she not done the protesting of the guns and had she expressed genuine sorrow for the victims from the beginning, I'd be a lot, lot more sympathetic. I don't think this looks bad. I think it just plain is bad.
BBM:
"I don't think this looks bad. I think it just plain is bad."

IMO: Nowhere as bad as it's gonna get.

I think she feels like he’s never been a danger to her or her kids, so that’s all that matters. She appears to feel sort of invincible, like nothing bad will happen to her, she’s Teflon.

Maybe she’s secretly glad to be rid of him, but will never admit it to anyone. In some ways she and Rex have similar personalities - arrogant, anti social, narcissistic, etc. She’s financially secure now, so she doesn’t need him. She’s just going to play the game with the media now to cash in on his notoriety.

The belt.
WH

I assume that it's been reported and discussed here that Rex's paternal grandfather was William G. Heuermann?

His Newsday obituary from March 4,1964.

I don't know if posting his obituary is against rules?
It's available online,

Belt

The belt.
WH

I assume that it's been reported and discussed here that Rex's paternal grandfather was William G. Heuermann?

It's available online,

Belt

Was the WH/HW belt the only one with a buckle?​

'Trove of new evidence released in Long Island serial killer ...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alleged-gilgo-beach-serial-killer-rex-heuermann-charged/story?id=106379516
ABC News - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos
https://abcnews.go.com › story

Jan 16, 2024 — ... from hair found on the buckle of the belt that secured Brainard-Barnes' body. That hair matched the genetic profile of Heuermann's wife.

Missing: T ‎| Show results with: T

I think she feels like he’s never been a danger to her or her kids, so that’s all that matters. She appears to feel sort of invincible, like nothing bad will happen to her, she’s Teflon.

Maybe she’s secretly glad to be rid of him, but will never admit it to anyone. In some ways she and Rex have similar personalities - arrogant, anti social, narcissistic, etc. She’s financially secure now, so she doesn’t need him. She’s just going to play the game with the media now to cash in on his notoriety.
I believe, AE had very well arranged with her special, unorthodox life with RH. The two seem to have accepted each other's quirks and were obviously both totally immune to other people's opinions. They both had sufficient financial opportunities to indulge in their expensive hobbies (all sorts of SWs respect. Island vacation/Fairs for Comics); nothing to be sorry about super market shopping with welfare vouchers (the official name for it escaped atm). A middle aged woman with 2 adult children, all looking "joyless" to the employee during groceries shopping, would point to a family life, where nothing ever happened - and it happened certainly much more than in many other people's life. MOO

The belt.
WH

It's available online,

Belt
Old news, the belt was first made public in 2020 then last summer after RH's arrest with Rex's g'father's name William.
Curious if LE spoke with RH's mother,brother,cousins etc about the belt?
IMO: We'll never know if Asa was familiar with the belt that had her hair on its buckle.

New York Daily News

Nov 30, 2023 — The district attorney had no comment on the report. Macedonio said if the hair does indeed belong to Ellerup it was “obviously transferred.”.
I have sat and thought about AH's hair being transferred innocently. I have an extremely active hubs and I do all of the laundry (he doesn't even know how to operate the latest machines hah), as I suspect A would have done in the H household.

I have washed his regular clothing, golf clothing, boat clothing, hats, sneakers, and yes, even belts (the kind made of rope or nylon) and I have never found one of my hairs transferred to any of his belts. Ever, in 20+ years, and I am a little OCD when it comes to laundry.

How might her hair have been transferred to his belt if it came in contact casually with one of her loose head hairs? Why wouldn't it wouldn't have fallen off? Maybe that was a 'special' belt used for RH's activities. :eek:

JMO

Old news, the belt was first made public in 2020 then last summer after RH's arrest with Rex's g'father's name William.
Curious if LE spoke with RH's mother,brother,cousins etc about the belt?
IMO: We'll never know if Asa was familiar with the belt that had her hair on its buckle.
I would find it very unlikely that they did so before his arrest, unless there is a relative that secretly talks to LE. The little I have seen of people like Craig, they would not be forthcoming, but would turn around to Rex and tell him LE was asking.

But in fairness, I know almost nothing about his relatives. The main information I work from is that he traveled to them frequently enough (per depos for the crashing season) and that Craig didn't voluntarily show LE around his property more than very superficially (per my interpretation of media reports when the Avalanche was siezed).

MOO

I have sat and thought about AH's hair being transferred innocently. I have an extremely active hubs and I do all of the laundry (he doesn't even know how to operate the latest machines hah), as I suspect A would have done in the H household.

I have washed his regular clothing, golf clothing, boat clothing, hats, sneakers, and yes, even belts (the kind made of rope or nylon) and I have never found one of my hairs transferred to any of his belts. Ever, in 20+ years, and I am a little OCD when it comes to laundry.

How might her hair have been transferred to his belt if it came in contact casually with one of her loose head hairs? Why wouldn't it wouldn't have fallen off? Maybe that was a 'special' belt used for RH's activities. :eek:

JMO
My thought is, if my hair were found at the crime scene where someone I lived with were accused of committing a crime...

And I had known nothing of the crime...

And I had even once thought that the person I lived with wasn't capable of such a crime...

I sure as Helen of Troy would rethink that impression I had that the person I lived with was not capable. I woukd ask myself, if the person I lived with didn't transfer this hair, then who did? But that's just me.

MOO

My thought is, if my hair were found at the crime scene where someone I lived with were accused of committing a crime...

And I had known nothing of the crime...

And I had even once thought that the person I lived with wasn't capable of such a crime...

I sure as Helen of Troy would rethink that impression I had that the person I lived with was not capable. I woukd ask myself, if the person I lived with didn't transfer this hair, then who did? But that's just me.

MOO

I vacillate on this. It's possible, but, unless someone is a really poor house-keeper who never vacuums or sweeps or cleans things, it seems unusual for their hair to be left on 3 of 4 victims' bodies.

JMO
You sound like a good friend of mine who really likes doing laundry and does it beautifully.
Hopefully your husband likes folding clothes.
Then again I've seen what some guys consider folded clothes. lol

IMO: Asa has now gone from the frying pan into the fire being in contact with Rex and having Macedonio as her lawyer/advisor.
I don't feel sorry for her, just her 2 children because if the Bail Document, text messages with sex workers, online searches and burner phone forensics didn't wake her up nothing will, no less her, her daughter's and RH's DNA.

We;ll never know how Asa's hair got on the buckle but thankfully it did because it was the smoking gun that got RH charged with Maureen's death.

The hair may have been caught somehow in the metal buckle because leather and metal isn't really conducive to having hair/lint/threads stick to it?
Floating hairs in my home always find their way to rolls of tape,masking or scotch tape and quite a few times I didn't see them on a wrapped gift until I was putting the ribbon on.
A good example of how many hairs are around a house is seen in the roller of a vacuum's power-nozzle.
Every so often I have to cut through a pretty thick layer of them wrapped around the roller with scissors to get them out.

I'm curious why LE didn't post images of the other 2 belts found on Maureen Brainard-Barnes?

It's not a slam-dunk that Asa is in the clear, according to Rodney Harris.
He's gone so we don't know who/what is or isn't being investigated now.

July 20,2023

"Harrison told CNN on Monday he was informed that once authorities told Ellerup and her daughter about the crimes Heuermann is accused of, the two were “shocked, they were disgusted, they were embarrassed.”

Their reaction, he said, is why he believes they were not aware of what he was doing.

“But, time will tell,” he added. “And once again, there are still a lot more questions that need to be done to the family and friends.”

Last edited:
I would find it very unlikely that they did so before his arrest, unless there is a relative that secretly talks to LE. The little I have seen of people like Craig, they would not be forthcoming, but would turn around to Rex and tell him LE was asking.

But in fairness, I know almost nothing about his relatives. The main information I work from is that he traveled to them frequently enough (per depos for the crashing season) and that Craig didn't voluntarily show LE around his property more than very superficially (per my interpretation of media reports when the Avalanche was siezed).

MOO
I read RH's g'father WH's 1964 obituary and he had 7 children, RC's father TH
being one of them, so it looks like there could be plenty of aunts/uncles, first and second cousins around.

I read RH's g'father WH's 1964 obituary and he had 7 children, RC's father TH
being one of them, so it looks like there could be plenty of aunts/uncles, first and second cousins around.
It seems from the outside to be a fairly enmeshed family, but there could be "black sheep," who are more worried about the victims than family loyalty.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member