Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
John Ray also showed up not long after the DA did to RH's house while LE were extracting things from the house last week.

He is not only Shannan Gilbert family's lawyer, but a lawyer for other victims of RH.

That said. John Ray made it clear Gilbert didn't get lost in a swamp and died. Her neck was broken BEFORE she was found in the swamp and had a hole drilled through her head

A HOLE drilled in her head/neck/hyoid bone?!!!
I hope they find everyone involved because that is disturbing. That's torture and I do not want anyone capable of that level of sadism walking the streets free.

Last edited:
I wonder how difficult and how much time it would take LE officers to verify info contained in the affidavits obtained by JR? 'Seems quite difficult but I don't really know.
The Swinger had the LE boyfriend, and the taxi driver had the dispatcher who ordered RH to get out of the taxi. As someone who has searched for and found people who did not want to be found, I can tell you, it's not that difficult.

There was a hole drilled in her hyoid bone. Just a helpful, minor correction. There's a lot of information at the link below about the second autopsy that was done on Shannan.

Does anyone have any idea why someone would drill a hole into her hyoid bone besides absolute torture?

i don't think i am saying anything new here, but how this is all developing to be (somehow) darker and darker, i am finding myself increasingly bone-chilled by RH's zoning specialty. i'll explain

RH allegedly kept the victims for days and made a call to melissa’s sister,“I just killed your sister and I’m going to watch her body rot.” I believe he returned to the victims, especially the G4. imo he wrapped them in burlap to slow decomposition.

now for the zoning part, ocean parkway is extremely desolate at night. we know RH placed the bodies close together in a secluded spot (between wantagh pkwy and robert moses) so he could see headlights from a mile away in either direction. this would give him time with the bodies while watching for cars.

fyi also, someone found that a rare bird started nesting there, making the beach off-limits to people. these are the little things zoning experts know all about and why he was a subject matter expert. also the NYS DEC monitored piping plovers on that beach since 1998, making parts of it inaccessible.

I agree he returned to visit the bodies.

Does anyone have any idea why someone would drill a hole into her hyoid bone besides absolute torture?
To keep someone from being able to properly speak or scream? speculation, imo. rbbm
Last Updated: Jun 3, 2024 • Article History
human hyoid bone

Hyoid bone, U-shaped bone situated at the root of the tongue in the front of the neck and between the lower jaw and the largest cartilage of the larynx, or voice box. The primary function of the hyoid bone is to serve as an attachment structure for the tongue and for muscles in the floor of the oral cavity.''

My impression, at the time, of that presser with J Ray and R Harrison was that Harrison had already decided to “retire” from the task force. It seemed that he was now going to go off the official playbook and introduce an issue that he had tried to pursue but perhaps had been stymied on. At this point he may have felt free to bring the issue of SC investigators previously interfering or deliberately ignoring leads.
I think Rodney did know that it was soon going to be time for him to leave. He had to squeeze this presser in before he was fired.

I think he knew he would face backlash from a powerful minority of old timers in LE who preferred to keep their fiefdom over solving LISK. John Ray and Rodney Harrison have something in common: they want to solve LISK. They both knew the LE tip line rejected and ignored Information that could lead to solving LISK. So, they worked together to make sure the momentum continued after Harrison left as Commissioner.

Rodney Harrison did look uncomfortable. He was probably thinking: did I do this too soon? Probably, they weren't going to fire me before the election. Maybe now I will be greeted with a carton of my family photos from my desk. Maybe now someone will harass my daughter at sports events. I hope I didn't just hasten my departure. On the other hand, if I didn't do this presser now, word might have gotten out ahead of time, and Tierny would have sabotaged it. Good lord, Tierny is already tweeting against me. I'm guess I'm fired, but at least I'm doing everything I can to get some justice for LISK victims. After getting Rex arrested, this presser if the most important thing I can do on this case.

He was stressed out. Because doing the right thing isn't easy.

MOO

A HOLE drilled in her head/neck/hyoid bone?!!!
I hope they find everyone involved because that is disturbing. That's torture and I do not want anyone capable of that level of sadism walking the streets free.
Did the second autopsy actually state that a hole "had been drilled into the hyoid bone" (I suspect that there would be evidence of tool markings/drilling of that hole)? If so, please link to the report.

Or simply that there "was a hole in the hyoid bone"?

Can this be naturally occuring when such a small bone is left in the harsh elements for such a prolonged period of time? I ask this because it's actually a 'thing' in these parts to search for rocks with holes worn into them by the elements and salt water. Those are rocks. Seems to me, that same natural erosion could also easily occur to a small human hyoid bone that is also laying exposed in same enviornmental circumstances in a much quicker timeframe.

Hag Stones / Adder Stones

Interesting take. Harrison left the task force not long afterward, though that could be completely unrelated, idk. I found it very strange that he was there, essentially playing second fiddle when he is not a second-fiddle player in this.

As for the affidavit itself, I will let time tell.

jmo
When Harrison came on board, he knew that most likely his time was short. In an early press conference/interview he made a point of addressing that and saying it was unclear if he would be invited to stay on after the election.

At the time of the Ray interview, IIRC it was probably apparent from the polls that the winner would be someone not likely to reappoint Harrison. With that as my perspective, I've wondered if Harrison's attendance at the PC was to encourage people to know they had someone reliable, someone he trusted, to talk to if they did not want to talk to LE.

Did the second autopsy actually state that a hole "had been drilled into the hyoid bone" (I suspect that there would be evidence of tool markings/drilling of that hole)? If so, please link to the report.

Or simply that there "was a hole in the hyoid bone"?

Can this be naturally occuring when such a small bone is left in the harsh elements for such a prolonged period of time? I ask this because it's actually a 'thing' in these parts to search for rocks with holes worn into them by the elements and salt water. Those are rocks. Seems to me, that same natural erosion could also easily occur to a small human hyoid bone that is also laying exposed in same enviornmental circumstances in a much quicker timeframe.

Hag Stones / Adder Stones
I do NOT know the answer at this time, but if I find it I will let you know.

I think Rodney did know that it was soon going to be time for him to leave. He had to squeeze this presser in before he was fired.

I think he knew he would face backlash from a powerful minority of old timers in LE who preferred to keep their fiefdom over solving LISK. John Ray and Rodney Harrison have something in common: they want to solve LISK. They both knew the LE tip line rejected and ignored Information that could lead to solving LISK. So, they worked together to make sure the momentum continued after Harrison left as Commissioner.

Rodney Harrison did look uncomfortable. He was probably thinking: did I do this too soon? Probably, they weren't going to fire me before the election. Maybe now I will be greeted with a carton of my family photos from my desk. Maybe now someone will harass my daughter at sports events. I hope I didn't just hasten my departure. On the other hand, if I didn't do this presser now, word might have gotten out ahead of time, and Tierny would have sabotaged it. Good lord, Tierny is already tweeting against me. I'm guess I'm fired, but at least I'm doing everything I can to get some justice for LISK victims. After getting Rex arrested, this presser if the most important thing I can do on this case.

He was stressed out. Because doing the right thing isn't easy.

MOO

JMO, Rodney Harrison has a lot of allies on his "team". He'll likely be rewarded for taking on a stressful and thankless task, going into the lair of the other "team" and helping solve the case. He and the people behind him probably knew what would happen and planned for it. Putting him in charge of a new multi-institutional and jurisdictional task force allowed him to use the NY State Police to circumvent the locals and access the LISK investigation files and evidence and find the killer.

The task force is still in place, the NY State Police and FBI are still involved and the case is moving through the courts. The whole world is watching. Who knows? Rodney may soon come into some support in running for a senate seat or AG or any number of good jobs. JMO

When Harrison came on board, he knew that most likely his time was short. In an early press conference/interview he made a point of addressing that and saying it was unclear if he would be invited to stay on after the election.

At the time of the Ray interview, IIRC it was probably apparent from the polls that the winner would be someone not likely to reappoint Harrison. With that as my perspective, I've wondered if Harrison's attendance at the PC was to encourage people to know they had someone reliable, someone he trusted, to talk to if they did not want to talk to LE.
Good insight. I think you might be right. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member