Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Furry to murderer is quite a jump.
It has happened before.

ETA: Rex and his daughter were reading the same web sites and pages.

ETA2: According to the article, not all Furries are this way, just a sub group of them. It seems to be a continuum of weird to abnormal behavior. JMO

Last edited:
funnily enough, i have done a lot post grad research into the furries. i am beyond fascinated with the subject as someone who couldn't be more on the outside of that. ill post more once i have my thoughts tighter

People who dress up in creepy costumes to make themselves look like animals. It has a sexual component. Some bestiality fantasy, etc. Some even have plastic surgery, etc. to make themselves look like animals.
i have a LOT of thoughts on this press conference and the contents, and i am finding it really challenging to conflate that subculture into a monolith of depraved sickos. at it's core, it's self expression. being a furry in itself shouldn't be a morality issue. we can talk about the specific artwork but i don't agree with your assertion here, respectively.

I was aware. I'm shocked to be hearing about this in this context.

This seems quantifiable wrong, intrusive.

Why is this not a tip to the tip line in the event they'd any tie to actual crime?

Character assassination.

Jmo
Agree. Absent an ACTUAL rather than implied connection to RH's abduction, holding captive, and torture of women - this is NOT right.

I find this mutual (RH&VH) interest in serious gore p**n beyond disturbing.

What are the percentages of family members living in same household enjoying this gore p**n. How common is this love for gore p**n... is it 1 in 3 US households who engage in committing (as well as visually enjoying / creating this)??

jmo

It's a real thing, unfortunately. There have been a couple of cases followed here on WS that involved people who were Furries.

<modsnip> I've known a few people who would be considered "furries". One is autistic and it helps him connect with other people because of severe social anxieties and the other is missing his corpus callosum and putting on the costume also allows him to interact with people in ways he simply cannot when he is out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a dumb question. @Megnut said it perfectly: Intrusive, character assassination, and wrong.

I thought I'd be disappointed tuning in. Not ticked off.
Adult characters made their own decisions. The worst of the lot was their legal representation.

The adult character in question is obviously a witness. Perhaps one I would feel a great deal of empathy for. This adult could very sympathetically perceived as working through the trauma of what was witnessed in art.

If she came public with that, she'd probably have made a fortune selling her work- a traumatized hero who helped convict a monster.

Instead, the adult has allowed a sleazy lawyer get a sleazy deal with a sleazy network. Possibly netting her less than the art would have netted her. And the adult by all appearances is NIT helping LE or engaging in therapy, etc. to help get her to a place where she can help LE.

I feel awful for this adult, and will jump right into whole-heartedly supporting her journey from victim to cooperative witness, if that's what she chooses.

But there was no character assassination. There was proof that a witness is not coming forward, but is taking a Peacock deal. And when that deal is signed, offering an opinion about it is fair game.

MOO

Seems like this should be investigated but not like this.

"This should be investigated"

Agree. But, why is it like this?

It is like this because LE has forced it to be like this. They should have portrayed the family as cooperative witnesses from day one.

I think like this is better than not at all. But I wholeheartedly agree there are other ways. LE refused the other ways. And thankfully, John Ray stepped in with this unpleasant presentation.

MOO

funnily enough, i have done a lot post grad research into the furries. i am beyond fascinated with the subject as someone who couldn't be more on the outside of that. ill post more once i have my thoughts tighter

i have a LOT of thoughts on this press conference and the contents, and i am finding it really challenging to conflate that subculture into a monolith of depraved sickos. at it's core, it's self expression. being a furry in itself shouldn't be a morality issue. we can talk about the specific artwork but i don't agree with your assertion here, respectively.

According to the news reports from people in the community, most are harmless and just engaging in an unusual hobby. There are subgroups of that community who are into weird fetishes and others that are much worse. Just based on what the expert is saying and the articles I linked above. No morality is implied, with the exception of people doing wrong when they harm or kill innocent people.

I didn't think of cannibalism today.

I don't want to think of cannibalism now.

But now I can't not think of cannibalism.

I would hate to be ANYONE within his orbit because right now I should be throwing up every meal I ever ate.

I am concerned about the family dynamic. I think of cases like the Turpins, abject abuse.... what was it like to grow up in the H household??????

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member