Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't "Miss-Leaders" simply listed between "Photos?" and "Police Stop" Also, despite his bad spelling, I wonder if the "Miss" has meaning relating to the young women as in Miss, Mrs. Ms.

My first thought is that his own misleading statements - if stopped or ever questioned - must be well thought out and unable to be proven a lie. A misleading story that is easily disproved or which doesn't make sense to the listener could become a very big problem.

Maybe?
Yes, it could be any of the above you listed or none.

Still, why did he put a "?" mark only after "photos" and "miss-leaders" ?

Dr Gary Brucato, PhD, an expert on the press conference, dedicated everything they're doing to the victims, and he explained what they're trying to do is understand these people in order to help prevent these things from happening in the future.
He makes general comments about SKs, by drilling down and categorizing SK behaviors into circles.
The vast majority (biggest circle) are sexually motivated, who commit SA against others but don't kill.
Within that circle there are a smaller group who are sadistic to their victims but they do not kill them.
Within that circle are an even smaller group who proceed to kill the individuals to get rid of witnesses, or sometimes because the force is too much and someone passes away, and sometimes because it's part of the thrill.
Within that last circle is the rarest of all: a sexually sadistic serial killer who kills after protracted, prolonged torture in every imaginable way.
It is in this tiniest circle that this expert would place RH if he is guilty.
People in this circle are motivated by intellectual boredom and by sadism. People of this type can look at or collect all kinds of things to keep it interesting. They do things to learn what happens to bodies and to see what causes the greatest thrill.
It's estimated that 80% of SKs operate alone. 20% operate with other people, which could be with another person such as a wife, partner or child, or a group of people who are also interested in the same perversions.
It is extremely rare that some of these SKs create sound proof rooms or a torture chamber in ones own home, with instruments to be "used like a kid in a candy-box" for sadism and experimentation repetitively.
He is not aware of any other individual in NY who has used such a place.
Dr Brucato says that there is no clear accusations or proof one way or the other, but certainly there are suggestions that must be taken seriously.
Approximately 1 in 5 of these SKs operate this way with other people.
The average age of onset for these types of people who commit these offences is 26 and they don't tend to stop until they are eliminated or arrested.
He wants us to imagine it would be improbable there are only 6 victims in this case, and wants us to imagine these individuals would have been kept for some time prior to their killing.
He is sure there are loads of people, probably in multiple states, who have encountered this individual, who have escaped this individual, may have been assaulted or engaged in perverse actions, or may have information on homicides that might be alleged in the future.
He wants to encourage people to reach out to groups like the Cold Case Foundation, to LE, or to someone like Mr John Ray, because he suspects this case will be much more complicated and horrifying than it appears to be now.

Last edited:
Yes, her name is Nikki I believe.
He says he represents several survivors. Perhaps another is the taxi driver.
I don't know if he considers the lady who claims she went to RH/AE's home as a victim of RH too.
MOO.
IMO:
As far as I know LP the witness appears to be the only one with claims of being in RH's house with her boyfriend and Karen Vergata with the 2/14/96 ish timeline.
If true I would consider her a "willing victim" who survived and didn't know at the time who she had encountered.

I'm genuinely confused why Nikki Brass would need an attorney.
Maybe due to JR being a lawyer and the only publicized go-to one besides LE that is known for wanting/gathering info on RH/LISK?

IIRC: It was the recent Ashley Banfield interview when Nikki said RH had a "white envelope"(money?) and then JR said to Banfield that's the first he heard about the white envelope.
That to me is concerning and could appear that she's making up things as time goes on?

I assumed that " miss-leaders " with a question mark simply meant that he was considering doing things to intentionally throw LE off the trail, but didn't know which specific thing he would "create" in order to do that. For example, if he knew that he was an organized killer, then he might throw in some elements that are characteristic of disorganized killers just to try to throw profilers off. As for the spelling, I have seen many people on the internet struggle with prefixes. I often see people spell " misspell " as " miss-spell ".

I assumed that " miss-leaders " with a question mark simply meant that he was considering doing things to intentionally throw LE off the trail, but didn't know which specific thing he would "create" in order to do that. For example, if he knew that he was an organized killer, then he might throw in some elements that are characteristic of disorganized killers just to try to throw profilers off. As for the spelling, I have seen many people on the internet struggle with prefixes. I often see people spell " misspell " as " miss-spell ".
Thank you.
It actually makes sense in that context.

Yeah, it shouldn't be swept under the rug. There's some serious problems with the other members of the family and they probably some kind of help, not just sympathy.
IMO:
When news hits like the arrest of and evidence LE has against the accused RH I think it's very unwise for people who may have been in a similar situations or perceive all families of SKer's as victims to claim they all were innocent oblivious bystanders and they don't wait for the investigations to unfold.
This extends to LE too.
Extending sympathy is certainly warranted but giving an automatic pass on everything else is quite naive.

As for JR saying that AE's alibi is false...I tend to believe that the SCPD and the FBI have much more sophisticated means of checking out her alibi than simply interviewing a clerk at a hotel. Which leads to another question. How long do hotels keep detailed records on their customers ? 10 years ? 20 years ? 30 ? I find that hard to believe.

JMO

IMO:
When news hits like the arrest of and evidence LE has against the accused RH I think it's very unwise for people who may have been in a similar situations or perceive all families of SKer's as victims to claim they all were innocent oblivious bystanders and they don't wait for the investigations to unfold.
This extends to LE too.
Extending sympathy is certainly warranted but giving an automatic pass on everything else is quite naive.
I wouldn't call the DA naive. IMO he has more facts than JR regarding the six victims RH has been charged for so far.

Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney has repeatedly stated that his wife, Asa Ellerup and her children were out of town each time Heuermann allegedly committed the crimes he is accused of. They are not accused of anything related to this case, Tierney said.

A phone number, code, combination, safe? wild speculation, imo, fwiw
'Miss-Leaders'
View attachment 510796 6-477 - 532-3377

''Zone 6: Southeast Asia and Oceania''​

I love that theory and the anagram one intellectually. I love me a good puzzle.

But I kind of doubt this document is coded since the plan was to create it and delete it.

There could be a personal joke in it, but I don't think the point of any non-literal language would be code.

MOO

IMO:
This extends to LE too.
To me it's simple. The perp's family is presumed innocent until credible evidence is presented of their involvement. JR's press conference was not it by any stretch.

Jun 16, 2024
''For Heuermann, his father, Theodore, was a big factor in his serial killer upbringing, Toles said. While his dad died when Heuermann was just 11 years old, the now alleged Gilgo Beach murderer suffered from physical, emotional and potentially sexual abuse at the hands of his father, Toles said.

"He was extremely withdrawn, which is signs of abuse," Toles said.
Toles said almost every sexual sadist serial killer has a link back to sexual abuse in some way. The issue, however, often goes under reported, particularly with boys.''
Rex Heuermann's brother, Craig, also went to jail, Toles said. As a young child, Rex Heuerman got in trouble for shoplifting too.
"When people cross boundaries like this, it is a complete confession that somebody early on crossed boundaries with them over and over," Toles said.'

To me it's simple. The perp's family is presumed innocent until credible evidence is presented of their involvement. JR's press conference was not it by any stretch.
Of course.

We all know everybody is innocent until proven guilty.

That includes Rex.

The press conference did not allege a crime. It alleged duplicity.

MOO

Last edited:
I wouldn't call the DA naive. IMO he has more facts than JR regarding the six victims RH has been charged for so far.

Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney has repeatedly stated that his wife, Asa Ellerup and her children were out of town each time Heuermann allegedly committed the crimes he is accused of. They are not accused of anything related to this case, Tierney said.

She was said to be out of town but it's the same AE who still claims that her husband isn't capable of committing these 6 heinous crimes.

Being out of town does not equate to not knowing about many of her husband's evil ways and desires and how he fulfilled them at home and outside the home.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed
T>he consensus about RH is based on the evidence that was officially released about the cases upon his indictments. No such thing about VH. Quite the opposite, there's been an official denial.

The majority of images shown at the PC were not from her account but from accounts she followed. It was not proven that she even viewed said images, since she stopped posting years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anybody has said it has proved anything.
The PC added another layer of things to consider, including a substantive segment with an expert psychologist and his thoughts about what has occurred. MOO.
It added a bunch of ill-informed speculation. The psychologist merely stated what was possible in certain cases.

I don't imagine many new witnesses coming forward to JR with sensitive information after his stunt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member