Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

Andrea Cavallier reports 55 minutes ago​

1719677742690.png
“For the Gilgo Beach cases, what they’re doing is getting DNA from the garbage. Once you take garbage to the curb, there’s no longer an expectation of privacy.”
And it’s nearly impossible to avoid leaving DNA behind.''

“On March 14, 2022, the name Rex was first mentioned,” Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said shortly after the July 2023 arrest. “A New York state investigator was able to identify him in a database and from that point on we used the power of the grand jury, over 300 subpoenas and search warrants, looking into this individual’s background to bring us to this day.”

Would definitely agree the perp may be Hispanic, and might even go as far as could likely be Hispanic, but I don't really think the perp "has to be" Hispanic.

Many of the victims do not appear to be Hispanic. If it's an SK, he's not going to be asking if they're Hispanic. To my knowledge, at least some of the victims are not in reality Hispanic, either. But understood that this is something to consider, and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is RH. But it might be, and that's something to consider, too.

Jeffery Dahmer for one chose Asian and black victims.

I don't know what to think.

What is that thing?

Unless it comes apart, I don't think it could have been inside.

If it were outside, and it were torture apparatus, or consensual S&M apparatus, I would think the neighbors would have seen something.

It is very, very creepy to me, what with all the talk about hard points and 6x6's.

It looks partly sloppily constructed, with asymmetrical supports for the main vertical posts. And partly with some deluxe features, like the trim atop the posts.

MOO

Not if it was under a tent or disguised as a greenhouse.

Not if it was under a tent or disguised as a greenhouse.
Now I think it was under the cover of the trees all along, at least in the leafy seasons.

I think a neighbor said he used a kids' swing set to turn hunted deer into venison.

This is gross-so scroll and roll......

I think the pictures that Izzy found, with an excavator digging beneath it, may have been digging up stained ground. Deer blood would be the official story, and partly true...

But my horrid theory only works in summer months with full leaf cover and victims already silenced completely.

If the bedroom behind the garage is the primary bedroom, the kids might never have a view to that corner of the yard.

MOO

I found that weird apparatus in what was probably its original position...before LE broke up the back yard too much.

It is along the back edge of the yard...not pulled out like in the Macedonio pic or the excavator pics. See the photo in this NY Post piece.

I have forgotten what a nice looking vegetable garden there was.

MOO

I found that weird apparatus in what was probably its original position...before LE broke up the back yard too much.

It is along the back edge of the yard...not pulled out like in the Macedonio pic or the excavator pics. See the photo in this NY Post piece.

I have forgotten what a nice looking vegetable garden there was.

MOO
So this ("after" in plain view)...

The home of Rex Heuermann

In here, right? "before" (Is it just to the viewer's right of the tiny greenhouse in the corner?)
Cancellieri also claimed Heuermann would burn his household garbage every few weeks -- which is illegal in Nassau County.
Hidden in the trees. There's something to wonder about.

In here, right? "before" (Is it just to the viewer's right of the tiny greenhouse in the corner?)
Cancellieri also claimed Heuermann would burn his household garbage every few weeks -- which is illegal in Nassau County.
Large!, is that 6x6s, and the post finials to set it off. To build something that size a machine, derrick? Or at least more hands. He must be good with strong ropes or some pulley system. Either this has been id'd or missed ..great pics btw

Large!, is that 6x6s, and the post finials to set it off. To build something that size a machine, derrick? Or at least more hands. He must be good with strong ropes or some pulley system. Either this has been id'd or missed ..great pics btw
I'd never have seen that, @Ruminations found it.

So the roof line looks like some damage or alterations done at front

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240630_110325_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240630_110325_Chrome.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 14
Actually, I've come to a conclusion on this issue (RH's meaning of MISS-LEADERS) that I feel very sure of! And I thought about this a lot. I now think that the meaning is evident when considered in context of the other items he listed around it. MISS-LEADERS shows up when he's talking about things that could become problems (or maybe DID already) when LE makes a connection to something he used or left behind, or the WAY that he did something (his M.O.), that could possibly lead the investigation in his direction or cause LE to see that the murders are linked to the same killer. Like shoe prints or tire tread patterns. Or consistent patterns in modus operandi (M.O.)

So while thinking of these things (problems) that could lead them in his direction, he adds in the item "MISS-LEADERS?", because he realizes that he might be able to purposefully leave behind certain things, or deliberately do certain things differently, to try to divert attention away from him and lead them to look in another direction AWAY from him. Like maybe leaving something like metal shavings behind (if that's not something he normally would ever have any reason to leave behind.) So now they're going to think they need to look at metalworkers or whatever else that "clue" might point to. Maybe purposefully adding in some shoeprints by the body that are smaller than his own shoe size. Maybe if he mutilated a body in a way he never did before, or "packaged" it differently... anything that would help to MISS-LEAD (mislead) authorities into thinking anything other than what might lead them to him, or to link the murders as having been done by the same person.

He knows what "leads" are, and that they're something good to detectives, but bad for him. So I think he came up with the idea of the opposite of leads, which would be bad for them but good for him. Misleads! Or as he called them, MISS-LEADERS.

So I believe that by MISS-LEADERS, he meant anything that would mislead those trying to solve a crime he committed. Things he could come up with that would help him by diverting attention away from him, and also that could offset some of the negatives created by the things he listed as PROBLEMS. So let's say, if he was unable to avoid leaving tire tracks near where he left the body, it could help to offset that problem, if he could somehow leave more tire tracks that looked different from his tires in the same area (don't know how he'd be able to do that, so probably bad example!) But hopefully you get the idea. (I obviously wouldn't make a good SK because that was the only other example I could think of!) But I feel there would be many other ways if he gave that some thought.

And I think that's what he thought too when he wrote that on his list. And I think it's followed by a question mark, because this was something that he may have only just thought of when making the list, or something that still needed fleshed out (bad choice of words, ugh). So something he still had to think about before doing. Something that he thought of that would probably be helpful, but he still needed to study on more before he knew whether it was a good idea or not.

It seems like it came into his mind as he listed all these things that were potential problems and might get him caught... UNLESS... unless there were things he could do to MISLEAD them on to a different investigative path, leading anywhere but to him. And he obviously thinks he's this super-genius, smarter than all LE anyway, and he may have started thinking he could basically tell them what or how to think, just by purposefully leaving them clues that were really anti- clues! So that he could claw back some of that control that he always felt he had to have in any situation IMO. Committing such barbaric and wild, crazy acts had to necessarily involve giving up some control over the situation, since things never go exactly as planned or the way he'd like them to, since his prey was HUMANS, known to be unpredictable, to put it mildly. Identifying and employing some clever (to him) misleading items or actions, etc. could give him back some of that lost control, allowing him to steer the investigation away from himself

I don't know if I've managed to explain this very well, but I will add that I think it's a very good idea for someone in his position to use, if he thinks about it enough and comes up with some ideas of things that would be good misleaders. It would certainly add confusion, which would make it less easy to solve, and it might even get someone else blamed for crimes he did! If he did it right. Which would be a terrible thing, for everyone, except of course, for him. For him, that'd be the best thing. Anyway, I'm no good at explaining things, but I thought I had to try anyway. I really do think this is what he meant.
I agree with this assessment

I agree with this assessment
Mo is the email name sandbagger means miss- leaders. Liars, people who are dishonest. As he made a email and put it under the blue print heading: problems, that was my assesment- a bdsm agreer/sw that gets to scene and suddendly needs a harder hit to face or neck for immediate control of the situatuon. I had written the same assesment as you til knowing definition of sandbagger= missleaders. It cld also mean to me being so tripped up as to a trans' appearance and wanting to make women sw " pay" with their lives, this could cause him countless headaches. It obviously really was important to him placing in a column and also naming a email account. We will know soon

Mo is the email name sandbagger means miss- leaders. Liars, people who are dishonest. As he made a email and put it under the blue print heading: problems, that was my assesment- a bdsm agreer/sw that gets to scene and suddendly needs a harder hit to face or neck for immediate control of the situatuon. I had written the same assesment as you til knowing definition of sandbagger= missleaders. It cld also mean to me being so tripped up as to a trans' appearance and wanting to make women sw " pay" with their lives, this could cause him countless headaches. It obviously really was important to him placing in a column and also naming a email account. We will know soon
Do we know the year the different emails were created?

That's very interesting. There are 8.53 miles from New Bedford to Westport in southwest direction and 13 miles (20.92 kilometers) by car, following the US-6 route.
From article: A spokesperson for the agency said the FBI's Evidence Response Team is out on Route 88 in Westport "in connection with an ongoing, multi-jurisdictional investigation."
One would wonder if RH is tied into the murders in New Bedford, the New Bedford Highway Killer.
Source: "The women, in their 20s and 30s, had ties to drugs and prostitution in the New Bedford area and began vanishing
That's really interesting, honestly. People early on (including myself) have wondered about RH and a connection to New Bedford. And as another strange note, the name of one of the victims is Marilyn Roberts (RH alias "Andy Roberts")
So many “M” first names on his victim list!

The “Valentine’s Day” date doesn’t match either. That’s not day she went missing. It was last time her dad talked to her and they didn’t talk every day. It’s widely reported that she was “last seen” on Feb 14, 1996, but that isn’t a confirmed fact. She was in Jail that day, and called her dad from jail on Feb 14.

Her legs washed up on Fire Island 20 April and reports were they hadn’t been in water for that long. (not 2 months)

Not denying probable link to RH - it’s the Valentines date that doesn’t fit. Much more likely met her demise in April 1996. Not Feb 14. Not a violent act commited for significance on St Valentine day. Much less likely a Xmas tree still standing in April.

IMO need more info about her time in jail, who bailed KV and on what date. More info on the creepy cop boyfriend of witness - seems he knows a lot more about “games” and is fine with just walking away when there’s going to be trouble. He also prob knows that LE don’t take missing persons for person out on bail/awaiting trial … he might have actually specially delivered a person not likely to be missed.
I think Rodney Harrison interviewed the “swinger” because info she provided corroborated their own intelligence. I think they made the connection with the burner email names and date he made the fictitious account.

There's something with those wood chips. NYT refers to them as "wood shavings." Wood chips were found with the remains of Rita Tangredi (last seen Nov 1/2 1993, remains recovered Nov 2), Sandra Costilla (body recovered Nov 21), and Colleen McNamee (last seen January 5 1994, body recovered Jan 30). NYT: "At both murder scenes, the killer had left clues. The same item of clothing was missing from both areas, and their nude bodies were posed identically. Near the bodies were wood shavings. And both Ms. McNamee and Ms. Tangredi had been beaten so badly that brain tissue was exposed."

The Nov to January time frame coincides with duck hunting season in New York. Most of these dates also seem to coincide with waterfowl/duck hunting season for Long Island specifically (which can vary, the link below's current website info). Also would be open for turkey hunting, and I believe deer hunting/archery.

Among the many uses for wood chips/shavings would be fuel. If one has a cabin in the woods, one might use wood shavings in a compost system, and particularly a compost heating system. It's pretty cold in NY that time of year. I know someone mentioned on here (and I've seen this as well) that RH owned a duck hunting boat with someone else. I'm wondering now about a cabin, too (not registered in RH's name) and these were in some respect actual hunting (duck, turkey, deer?) trips. But not really, or not completely. These turned into a different type of "hunting" trip like we see in the HK doc. And perhaps it wasn't just the cabin, either, it might have had some underground space/root cellar type of area.

"Near the bodies were wood shavings." Some fabrics really, really hang on to those wood shavings. What if the bodies were wrapped in some kind of fabric that held on to those shavings, and when they removed the bodies, some of those shavings scattered around them? Or what if they'd stored the bodies out in the compost area until they moved them? Maybe they were concealed for a time in compost. I just have a feeling those wood chips are vitally important, MOO.
In the early 1990’s a friend had horse stables and they used wood shavings. Are there horse stables around manorville?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog
Back