Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

well the person making the statement wasn't sure. She said her date RW just kept disappearing downstairs. Why couldn't they both be having sex with Vergata? And the person making the statement said there was a Christmas tree, the photo from Rex's house with the tree was released about Aug 1, the affidavit was signed Aug 31. Are they getting details that they saw on TV or the internet? I am just not sure how much credence to give the affidavit. There isn't an aha moment in it for me. I don't disbelieve it, but I am just not sure. Also would he hurt or kill Karen V with Asa home? And most likely the kids? seems very risky and unlike his behavior
What year was their daughter born? 1996? Or 1997..if she was born in November of 1996 then she was newly pregnant or near the time of conception.

It seems like it came into his mind as he listed all these things that were potential problems and might get him caught... UNLESS... unless there were things he could do to MISLEAD them on to a different investigative path, leading anywhere but to him. And he obviously thinks he's this super-genius, smarter than all LE anyway, and he may have started thinking he could basically tell them what or how to think, just by purposefully leaving them clues that were really anti- clues! So that he could claw back some of that control that he always felt he had to have in any situation IMO. Committing such barbaric and wild, crazy acts had to necessarily involve giving up some control over the situation, since things never go exactly as planned or the way he'd like them to, since his prey was HUMANS, known to be unpredictable, to put it mildly. Identifying and employing some clever (to him) misleading items or actions, etc. could give him back some of that lost control, allowing him to steer the investigation away from himself
bbm
^^ That!! I took an excerpt of your post, because I'm thinking, it says the most relevant part.

Apropos "super genius": Do you all think, he tried to mislead the investigators, BUT would have liked it always, when a dead victim finally was found and a perp couldn't be established? Without the discovery of a dead victim his super-genius status (in HIS mind) was only worth half, I think. The victim to be "missing" couldn't have been his goal, precisely because SWs aren't searched for very intense by LE.
MOO

I haven't followed the Bittroilff cases so I'm out of the loop.
Ok, I have a question about this:
"the creepy punishment dolls by the GB4"
I agree if he constantly changed his MO, it would be much harder to connect the dots esp. without DNA or hair.
I think SKs have caught onto the MO and would diversify to NOT get caught.
The punishment dolls (I know them, had bought one, when it was a harmless deko trend here many years ago) I attribute to AE. I believe, in her mind the SWs themselves were to blame for their fate and should be ashamed, even after death. For that AE must have known about the deaths and the locations. Maybe, her husband one day wasn't able to keep the secret to himself any longer and told her. He had to bragg about it, but couldn't do it without big risk, so he possibly used his wife as a listener.
Speculation and feeling and MOO.

The punishment dolls (I know them, had bought one, when it was a harmless deko trend here many years ago) I attribute to AE. I believe, in her mind the SWs themselves were to blame for their fate and should be ashamed, even after death. For that AE must have known about the deaths and the locations. Maybe, her husband one day wasn't able to keep the secret to himself any longer and told her. He had to bragg about it, but couldn't do it without big risk, so he possibly used his wife as a listener.
Speculation and feeling and MOO.
Am holding out hope it's RH rather than AE on the dolls, but realize it could well be the case regardless that it's AE. I can picture RH doing it, though. It's just more of the same, the violent horror, murder of other hb's that he evidently is unphased by and must enjoy. Then he seems to snicker when he leaves little "tokens" that are the equivalent of sick jokes and probably is doubled over in evil laughter that people are appalled and horrified by his little "gestures."

AE's completely out of her mind if she has guilty knowledge and signed on for the Peacock deal. But you'd have to be completely out of your mind to have the guilty knowledge in the first place, so-- we will see. (Those dolls are ghastly in context. If he did that, it's reminding me a lot of BTK.) Did LE recover those dolls or were they taken down by an "unknown someone"? Does anyone know?

Am holding out hope it's RH rather than AE on the dolls, but realize it could well be the case regardless that it's AE. I can picture RH doing it, though. It's just more of the same, the violent horror, murder of other hb's that he evidently is unphased by and must enjoy. Then he seems to snicker when he leaves little "tokens" that are the equivalent of sick jokes and probably is doubled over in evil laughter that people are appalled and horrified by his little "gestures."

AE's completely out of her mind if she has guilty knowledge and signed on for the Peacock deal. But you'd have to be completely out of your mind to have the guilty knowledge in the first place, so-- we will see. (Those dolls are ghastly in context. If he did that, it's reminding me a lot of BTK.) Did LE recover those dolls or were they taken down by an "unknown someone"? Does anyone know?
Apparently they were placed and removed by a redditor...my opinion was sw were being mocked and in a corner. A sick gravemarker, but was wrong...a girl placed them!!! I believe 7 in total. Dolls are used for memorials, but not time out. I think they are odd as hell...

Just my own thoughts but I think the dolls were perhaps left by a local resident as a way to shame, ridicule and disrespect the victims even in death. This individual may have their own bias against sex workers and both dehumanize and discriminate them. The way the dolls are posed with either their backs turned or faces covered seemed to be the way the person projects their own thoughts and feelings regarding sex work onto the victims. They also seem to mock the victims. It seems IMO cruel or just another way to taunt those who have already been denied their right to life, safety, freedom and justice for so long.

It reminded me of how the SCPD and the media also dehumanized the victims found at Gilgo Beach back in 2011 when their remains were first discovered. Their murders were disregarded as well deserved punishments for being sex workers. They were treated as people who cases needed to be solved, whose murders were of course unjust or like fellow human beings who were entitled to safety. Unfortunately, instead of portraying them as those you can see same light as friends, sisters, brothers, neighbor, classmates and such they were just labeled as prostitutes, portrayed as criminals while their lives and deaths were harshly treated like burdensome trash unworthy of empathy or compassion.

MOO

????

"Former President Barack Obama has now been called on to 'stage an intervention' to persuade his close friend and former Vice President to withdraw from the race.

The source said: 'Obama is probably the only person aside from his wife and sister who Biden will listen to.

'I know of at least one major donor who has appealed directly to former President Obama to stage an intervention and put an end to this misery so we can move on.'

The liberal New York Times – which Biden says he 'reads first every morning' – published a scathing editorial calling him 'reckless'.

It said: 'Mr Biden is not the man he was four years ago. The greatest public service Mr Biden can now perform is to announce he will not continue to run for re-election.'

Chuck Schumer, the Senate Majority leader, who has been a friend of the President for 40 years, is also 'open' to replacing him, according to multiple reports in the US.

The Clinton aide said: 'The next few days will be critical as new polling figures come in and the party deals with the fallout. There is a lot of behind-the-scenes deal-making going on.

'No one will go public until Joe decides to stand aside. He was a stubborn young man and he's a stubborn old man."

cont:

Married asa 96, victoria birth 97
No. Macedonio said that the swinger affadavit's statement wasn't true because Asa was pregnant with Victoria at that time. Asa couldn't have Victoria in 1997 and be pregnant with her anytime near Valentine's Day, 1996.

(It was a little rich to listen to male attorneys announce brand new pregnancy
and discuss the impact on the pregnant person's sexual activity, as I recall.)

When Amber Costello disappeared in September of 2010, VH was a month shy of her 14th birthday. 2010-14=1996

MOO

I personally doubt the names of the victims was a factor for Rex.

M is a common first initial. And when a person does business under an alternate name or names, the odds at least double that one of the names, given or assumed, will be an M name.

MOO

I agree. I think most of the victims did not use their real names when they advertised or set up dates. Somehow RH did know Melissa’s real name because didn’t he call her sister and specifically say her name in the call? But I’m certain it’s just a coincidence that a lot of the victims had names starting with M, and I highly doubt he knew most of their true names.

I agree. I think most of the victims did not use their real names when they advertised or set up dates. Somehow RH did know Melissa’s real name because didn’t he call her sister and specifically say her name in the call? But I’m certain it’s just a coincidence that a lot of the victims had names starting with M, and I highly doubt he knew most of their true names.
Maybe, it was his "hobby" too to stalk the girls before having intimate contact with them, and it meant power to him, when he found out their real names?

Someone here was recently posting the possibility that RH might be responsible for the New Bedford victims. I recently read Shallow Graves by Maureen Boyle, a book about those murders and something caught my attention:

LE investigators from New Bedford traveled to Florida to watch a suspect in the murders who had recently moved from New Bedford to Florida and noted that a man named Paul Riley, a former corrections officer from New Bedford, lived in the duplex next door to that suspect (Kenny Ponte) and he was a friend of Ponte’s. Riley was sharing the names of various women with whom Ponte associated. Quoting the investigators recalling what Riley told them: “Two heavy-set sisters used to hang out with Kenny in New Bedford…there was a woman named Rochelle from the Cape who was there too, in 1988. In Florida he thought a woman named Linda stayed with Kenny along with a short, very thin blonde woman named Mary. Yet another woman named Amber who spent some time in the Hillsboro County Jail was also there in Florida at one time.” (ETA: from Chapter 9: Looking in Other Corners.)

I think I recall from watching “The Killing Season,” that Amber Costello’s sister, Kim mentioned that Amber had been living in Florida and was jailed there before moving to Long Island.

Has this reference to an “Amber” by Riley in association with the New Bedford case been explored here. (I am late coming to this case.)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog
Back