Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily imagine that his alter ego is Thomas Hawk and, as you point out, was “born” on Aug 6, 1972. RH would have been around 8yo. But what in the world happened to spawn Thomas Hawk?

It looks like Laverne Moye’s body (discarded by Cottingham) was discovered not too far from Massapequa in Rockville Center, by an 11 yo boy:

“Approximately three months later, on July 20, 1972, at approximately 12:15 p.m., the body of Laverne Moye was found in the same area as the body of Mary Beth Heinz. An 11-year-old boy discovered the woman in the creek along Maine Avenue. Moye, a 23-year-old woman from St. Albans, Queens, was strangled to the death. The young woman was a mother to two children and was separated from her husband.”

Was RH maybe at summer camp with boys who knew the young discoverer?

I think Rex was 11 when his father died. That's another commonality about their experiences---exposure to death at 11.

MOO

I think Rex was 11 when his father died. That's another commonality about their experiences---exposure to death at 11.

MOO
I’ve read that he was 12 when his father died but Rex was born in Sept of 63. So, he was 11 years and about 10 months old when his father died on November 29, 1975. Thanksgiving was 11/27/1975. It would be very interesting to know the COD or the circumstances around his death but there are no public details and no public obituary.

I suspect 11 year old Rex was exposed not only to death but to other trauma and possibly disturbing violent and/or sexual images.

Am I the only one who never noticed that sturdy frame that could be built with 6x6's?

Pic on the right.

It's very disturbing, after the most recent charge/bail documents.

If you scroll down the text, you can find the whole picture, and the eerie frame in the backyard is not blocked by the "play" button.

MOO
This structure is indeed very odd.
RH's children are 26 yo and 33 yo. This structure looks much newer.
Good observation.

JMO

Totally agreed, this 080672-- it could be anything. It certainly looks to me like a dob. And yeah, he might be doing the UK format Here's another thing, though.

He was using this as a dob for himself. Now, it may be a victim's dob, maybe a Jane or John Doe without a report where we don't know the dob, maybe someone missing, unreported, and her remains are undiscovered. But it could also be a date of victim death. To be honest, I'd think that's just as likely. And if that's the case, the 08 and 06 would be the date of death, but again, he is using this as his own dob. If he killed the victim on August 6, 2009, for example, he can't list "09" as a believable year of birth for himself. So I'm also kind of staying alert to victims with date of death or disappearance near/around August 6 period. The '72 may just have been an accommodation of his "need" at the time for a believable lie on his dob.
Could it be coordinates or partial coordinates? I can't remember how they're written or how many digits.

Heckler koch knife hk2002, there is a glock reference, also id'd was a heckler koch 9mm handgun along with this ruger 8672! It fits in with hunter, hit, Andy, sandbaggers aka misleaders. All relates to him/ his interests. Great id imo, moo
I still think its the gun, the ruger. Ibm got the first patent for "floppy disks" that year. Probably in his business, quite important. Searches give multiple dates inc the 08/06

Last edited:
Am I the only one who never noticed that sturdy frame that could be built with 6x6's?

Pic on the right.

It's very disturbing, after the most recent charge/bail documents.

If you scroll down the text, you can find the whole picture, and the eerie frame in the backyard is not blocked by the "play" button.

MOO
In that picture, there appears to be an air conditioner, a window or a through the wall type. It's at an odd height. I wonder where In the house that leads?

Totally agreed, this 080672-- it could be anything. It certainly looks to me like a dob. And yeah, he might be doing the UK format Here's another thing, though.

He was using this as a dob for himself. Now, it may be a victim's dob, maybe a Jane or John Doe without a report where we don't know the dob, maybe someone missing, unreported, and her remains are undiscovered. But it could also be a date of victim death. To be honest, I'd think that's just as likely. And if that's the case, the 08 and 06 would be the date of death, but again, he is using this as his own dob. If he killed the victim on August 6, 2009, for example, he can't list "09" as a believable year of birth for himself. So I'm also kind of staying alert to victims with date of death or disappearance near/around August 6 period. The '72 may just have been an accommodation of his "need" at the time for a believable lie on his dob.

I have wondered if it is the date of his first offense.
Mother's always remember dates their babies are born. Especially their "first ". Special codes.

I could see rex using this as his special code...for his first kill.

1982: "On July 26, Patricia Shea, a 40-year-old physician's assistant from Rockaway, Queens, was found strangled in Prospect Park in Brooklyn. The police said that Miss Shea had been killed elsewhere and her fully clothed body dumped in the park." WOMAN, KILLED BY STRANGLING, FOUND OFF PIER (Published 1982)
1720525631856.png
This victim was a very girlish looking 40s. She'd been out that day with a platonic male friend and went to help a stroke patient later in the evening. She went to help this person and was never seen alive again. "...a jogger in Prospect Park saw Pat’s body in the bushes just off of Center Drive on the Windsor Terrace side. There was little effort made to hide her body. Detectives note that she was hog-tied, including her neck. Her lower body was in a 'brown sack.' Pat had been strangled with the thin nylon chord that was tied around her whole body, and a man’s shirt was found next to her." That would have been 7/26/82

So there were several murders around this time, some in the area refer to this killer as Jack the Strangler, and he's never been caught. Associated with: Sheryl Guida, 22, found earlier than Patricia Shea, March 18 near Coney Island, she was a sex worker, also strangled; VA tourist Rita Nixon, 31, found near Chinatown strangled with electrical cord, wrapped in blanket, found July 15; Gloria DeLeon, 32 found near Manhattan Bridge where Rita Nixon had been found, she was also a sex worker, found July 19; unidentified woman found floating off 69th St. Pier, also strangled, she was found shortly after Patricia Shea. "The woman had been beaten about the head and body, according to a medical examiner's report, and there were ligature marks on her ankles, indicating that her feet had also been bound."

So someone actually sent a letter to the police in 2021 re: Patricia Shea's murder. Here's the letter:
Murdered: Patricia Shea | New York, NY | Uncovered

I absolutely think RH may have had a hand in this. The letter's RH all over. The hogtie aspect. The brown cloth (burlap like?) aspect. The date Patricia Shea's body was found was 07261982
July 26 1982
Compare that to 080672 (thawk) All the numbers are there. There's an extra "2" in PS's date. So maybe RH committed two of these murders, or maybe he's referencing the idea that two were SWs.

It's jmo, but I'd swear I see the hand of RH in that. Whoever sent that letter sent it nearly three decades after Patricia Shea's murder.

Last edited:
1982: "On July 26, Patricia Shea, a 40-year-old physician's assistant from Rockaway, Queens, was found strangled in Prospect Park in Brooklyn. The police said that Miss Shea had been killed elsewhere and her fully clothed body dumped in the park." WOMAN, KILLED BY STRANGLING, FOUND OFF PIER (Published 1982)
View attachment 516500
This victim was a very girlish looking 40s. She'd been out that day with a platonic male friend and went to help a stroke patient later in the evening. She went to help this person and was never seen alive again. "...a jogger in Prospect Park saw Pat’s body in the bushes just off of Center Drive on the Windsor Terrace side. There was little effort made to hide her body. Detectives note that she was hog-tied, including her neck. Her lower body was in a 'brown sack.' Pat had been strangled with the thin nylon chord that was tied around her whole body, and a man’s shirt was found next to her." That would have been 7/26/82

So there were several murders around this time, some in the area refer to this killer as Jack the Strangler, and he's never been caught. Associated with: Sheryl Guida, 22, found earlier than Patricia Shea, March 18 near Coney Island, she was a sex worker, also strangled; VA tourist Rita Nixon, 31, found near Chinatown strangled with electrical cord, wrapped in blanket, found July 15; Gloria DeLeon, 32 found near Manhattan Bridge where Rita Nixon had been found, she was also a sex worker, found July 19; unidentified woman found floating off 69th St. Pier, also strangled, she was found shortly after Patricia Shea. "The woman had been beaten about the head and body, according to a medical examiner's report, and there were ligature marks on her ankles, indicating that her feet had also been bound."

So someone actually sent a letter to the police in 2021 re: Patricia Shea's murder. Here's the letter:
Murdered: Patricia Shea | New York, NY | Uncovered

I absolutely think RH may have had a hand in this. The letter's RH all over. The hogtie aspect. The brown cloth (burlap like?) aspect. The date Patricia Shea's body was found was 07261982
July 26 1982
Compare that to 080672 (thawk) All the numbers are there. There's an extra "2" in PS's date. So maybe RH committed two of these murders, or maybe he's referencing the idea that two were SWs.

It's jmo, but I'd swear I see the hand of RH in that. Whoever sent that letter sent it nearly three decades after Patricia Shea's murder.

The letter writer gave the name of a NY cop as her killer so any follow-up from LE about this guy?
It's been 3 yrs since the letter was sent.

In that picture, there appears to be an air conditioner, a window or a through the wall type. It's at an odd height. I wonder where In the house that leads?
I don't know. I think it is on the main floor of the house, not the basement, and installed rather low through the wall. My guess is that those windows behind the garage are to a dining room or a master bedroom. If it's a dining room, the kitchen and all the bedrooms have to be tiny. The pile of pillows that represented Victoria's room was indeed a tiny room.. my guess is the front door leads to the living room. Directly left of the living room as you walk into the front door is the wall to the garage. (In old Christmas pic, no windows on fireplace wall.) I think it you walk straight back, you reach the kitchen and the back door.

I think to the right of the living room are 2 or three bedrooms. Behind the garage, and to the left of the kitchen as you walk in the front is either a dining room ( the windows look like formal room windows) or a master bedroom (the house doesn't have the square footage for a dining room.)

I think John Ray said the house only has one bathroom. I've seen houses that size with one bathroom in the hall and a 3/4 bathroom with the master bedroom. I don't know.

I should have looked for the plumbing vent. That would be a clue.

I bet this 50's era house have laundry on the basement, likely under the kitchen. But that is something I've never seen pictured in this house. A washer and dryer.

MOO

--------------

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have wondered if it is the date of his first offense.
Mother's always remember dates their babies are born. Especially their "first ". Special codes.

I could see rex using this as his special code...for his first kill.
The summer after he finished 3rd grade-if my math is correct. That would be a killer-prodigy.

MOO

Im assuming this pic is from the daughter’s room. I’m not sure if this is an air conditioner, heater, vent? But it looks pretty low to me too.

Attachments

• IMG_5142.jpeg
    IMG_5142.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 61
I don't know. I think it is on the main floor of the house, not the basement, and installed rather low through the wall. My guess is that those windows behind the garage are to a dining room or a master bedroom. If it's a dining room, the kitchen and all the bedrooms have to be tiny. The pile of pillows that represented Victoria's room was indeed a tiny room.. my guess is the front door leads to the living room. Directly left of the living room as you walk into the front door is the wall to the garage. (In old Christmas pic, no windows on fireplace wall.) I think it you walk straight back, you reach the kitchen and the back door.

I think to the right of the living room are 2 or three bedrooms. Behind the garage, and to the left of the kitchen as you walk in the front is either a dining room ( the windows look like formal room windows) or a master bedroom (the house doesn't have the square footage for a dining room.)

I think John Ray said the house only has one bathroom. I've seen houses that size with one bathroom in the hall and a 3/4 bathroom with the master bedroom. I don't know.

I should have looked for the plumbing vent. That would be a clue.

I bet this 50's era house have laundry on the basement, likely under the kitchen. But that is something I've never seen pictured in this house. A washer and dryer.

MOO

--------------

<modsnip - off topic>

Photo of home, rearview, in this article.

Two vents and a chimney... bathroom/kitchen?

Possible dryer vent low to the ground. Maybe Two?

Would laundry be in the basement if it's only accessible from the outside?

Was the basement exclusively RH's? I've heard about people like that. No one free to question or challenge him.

All JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Im assuming this pic is from the daughter’s room. I’m not sure if this is an air conditioner, heater, vent? But it looks pretty low to me too.
That is a heater. The OP was referring to the picture in that article of the outside of the back of the house with air conditioner sticking out of the wall 2-3 feet above the ground.

Photo of home, rearview, in this article.

Two vents and a chimney... bathroom/kitchen?

Possible dryer vent low to the ground. Maybe Two?

Would laundry be in the basement if it's only accessible from the outside?

Was the basement exclusively RH's? I've heard about people like that. No one free to question or challenge him.

All JMO
Good eyes!

I doubt the basement is only accessible from outside. Most houses there have full size usable basements that can be accessed from inside. They are not all finished- they were sold unfinished but such that laundry and workshop type work could be done.

It does appear that the plumbing action is all in the back/back right of the house as you walk in the front door.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member