Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DeDee

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Rex Heuermann's family, his wife, son and daughter are off limits for sleuthing. It's fine to discuss what is said about them or by them in MSM, but to sleuth out their information and/or post links to their social media or online persona is absolutely against Websleuths TOS. Members who continue to do so will find themselves on a thread ban.

This is Websleuths 101 ... read The Rules and you won't have any problems.

Thank you.

''Jul 9, 2024
The suspected Long Island Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, is awaiting trial for murder... but questions linger about police transparency and motives, and if there could be more victims yet undiscovered?''

can someone link me to the last thread so I can catch up? post #1 in this thread (where previous threads are usually linked) is not showing up for me and I can't find it in this forum

can someone link me to the last thread so I can catch up? post #1 in this thread (where previous threads are usually linked) is not showing up for me and I can't find it in this forum
Ask and you shall receive

Totally agreed, this 080672-- it could be anything. It certainly looks to me like a dob. And yeah, he might be doing the UK format Here's another thing, though.

He was using this as a dob for himself. Now, it may be a victim's dob, maybe a Jane or John Doe without a report where we don't know the dob, maybe someone missing, unreported, and her remains are undiscovered. But it could also be a date of victim death. To be honest, I'd think that's just as likely. And if that's the case, the 08 and 06 would be the date of death, but again, he is using this as his own dob. If he killed the victim on August 6, 2009, for example, he can't list "09" as a believable year of birth for himself. So I'm also kind of staying alert to victims with date of death or disappearance near/around August 6 period. The '72 may just have been an accommodation of his "need" at the time for a believable lie on his dob.

Quoting this post from the last thread by snooptroop88: Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

I have a feeling that this will become one of those things that's very obvious in hindsight, and maybe that's meaningful to him but not really a significant date to anyone else out of context. If he was changing the year to be a birthdate, why not use his actual year? Unless he was trying to shave years off his age, which is certainly possible.

My own theory, with no way whatsoever to prove it unless he starts talking, is it was when he first started hunting - probably not an actual hunting trip, because for a lot of animals hunting season is later in the fall, but maybe when he got his first rifle or took a hunter safety course or something.

Among a lot of hunters, it seems like 8-10 is around the age they start taking their kids, and he really seems to identify himself as a hunter (maybe even Hunter with a capital H). He's a member of hunting clubs, he tells everyone about hunting ducks or deer or apparently bears, he would invite colleagues to go hunting. I happened to rewatch the 20/20 episode on his arrest a couple days ago and a source on there mentioned that he was especially interested in serial killer Robert Hansen, who hunted his victims in the Alaskan back country. I think he sees hunting as a core part of his personality - both hunting animals, and hunting his victims - and that date might tie into that somehow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttaylor21318
Back