Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's not illegal to own a bunch of rifles. I'm frustrated, too. But they've got to do everything legally and by the book. It would be a travesty for him to walk.

Accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann’s huge stockpile of weapons included more than 50 handguns, assault weapons and magazines that appear to be illegal, according to a new court filing.

The revelation came as the 59-year-old married dad fought to stop the nearly 300 firearms taken from his ramshackle Massapequa Park home from being turned over to investigators in Nassau County considering separate charges, Newsday said.

So maybe he wasnt charged, but they were considering it at least

Grant Parpan, a journalist who covers Suffolk County county and federal courts for Long Island’s Newsday newspaper, has been pursuing the Heuermann story.

In a telephone interview with the Sunday Express on Thursday, Parpan shared an official document on Rajcoomar-Costilla.

In it, Costilla is the victim’s married name. Her maiden name is Sandra Rajcoomar.

Her place of birth is listed as Sangre Grande.

Her father’s name is Ramkissoon R Rajcoomar and her mother’s, Molly E Rattansingh.

According to the document, Rajcoomar-Costilla applied to a US social programme on June 15, 1984.

Parpan said that was the same year she married Benjamin Costilla in Hawaii and likely the year she immigrated to the US.

Law Enforcement has had RH's DNA for months now. You remember the pizza crust, that RH threw away, had his DNA on it, which LE matched with the what they found on the bodies.
Having his DNA and running it through CODIS are two different things, however.

Will there ever be a final count of victims? Rhetorical question. There will be more.

JMO

That is good point and it does make me wonder why even kill or abandon the baby?

Of course, he absolutely shouldn’t have killed anyone at all but what threat could the baby have posed to him or anybody, in the case he is not the perp? What was the likelihood that baby would even be able to identify him in a lineup or help a sketch artist? I am guessing very low since the baby was only a toddler. Why not just drop her off at fire station, motel, corner of a gas station 7/11 or anywhere else? He managed to avoid cameras all this time why not do so again to let a child live? Why not just take a quick trip to NJ or wait for the next time he has to head to SC and drop her off somewhere alive at a site down there? Even if a baby could be linked to RH/the perp via DNA what were the chances they would be able to identify her across state lines in 1997?

IMO it is weird and disgusting/horrifying how he would take the risks of returning to a victim’s home to be spotted and recognized by both his car and appearance by her boyfriend and of calling a victim’s family members multiple times, to the point that LE was able to trace his location in the city and on LIRR and but he wouldn’t take one to spare a little girl

I really hate to say this or even think about it much, but you're coming at this from the perspective of a regular person, who sees children as innocent human beings worthy of love and care and respect and and protection and life.

If Heuermann killed Peaches and her baby, he probably killed the baby for the same reason Leonard Lake and Charles Ng killed two of their female victims' babies before killing them. They didn't see the toddlers they murdered as children, they saw them as tools to inflict more pain and torture on their mothers.

Having his DNA and running it through CODIS are two different things, however.

Will there ever be a final count of victims? Rhetorical question. There will be more.

JMO
Agreed. If LE did not run it through CODIS, what are/were they thinking? In all likelihood they have, but not released the results to the public.

Agreed. If LE did not run it through CODIS, what are/were they thinking? In all likelihood they have, but not released the results to the public.
As I understand things, in order for DNA to be added to CODIS the person must first be convicted of a crime - a felony of a certain rank, if I'm remembering correctly. However, there does seem to be a work-around while Suffolk County continues its investigation. LE anywhere who suspects RH may be tied to a crime can privately contact NY authorities to see if there's a match with evidence in their jurisdiction. This protects the privacy of the innocent while making it possible for LE to do its job.

I am under the impression that in NYS, it is not legal for LE to enter the DNA into CODIS until there is a felony conviction.

Still, it is possible that some DNA has been shared without entering it into CODIS that we do not know about. And we do know that Nevada requested and received some Rex DNA from NYS. As I understand it, NYS is especially cautious about possibly violating the rights of a person by over-sharing DNA. But they can share under some formal arrangements that are probably analogous to search warrant arrangements. Nevada was able to meet some threshold of LE need exceeding a defendants rights.

I find it interesting that we have not heard back that Nevada has eliminated Rex as a suspect. That must mean - there remains the possibility he will be charged with something in NV.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back