Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“His intent was specifically to locate these victims, to hunt them down, to bring them under his control and to kill them,” said Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney.

The Microsoft Word document was recovered using a computer forensic extraction method. It was found in an “unallocated space,” which means someone had deleted it. A forensic analysis concluded that the document was created in 2000 and had been modified between 2001 and 2002.

It allegedly references slayings that prosecutors believe likely happened inside Heuermann’s Massapequa Park home. It notes steps to take “next time,” such as “hit harder” and “consider a hit to the face or neck for takedown.”

Under a list labeled as “SUPPLIES,” Heuermann allegedly wrote down cutting tools, acid, hair nets, and tarps.

“We allege that the methodology, that the exact method by which these murders were committed in excruciating detail in that document, is in some cases identical to the methodology used to murder the six victims in this case,” Tierney said.

Heuermann allegedly listed Mill Road on the document, an area in Manorville where police first found partial remains of Gilgo Beach victims Valerie Mack and Jessica Taylor, as a potential dumping site.

Prosecutors said Heuermann’s planning document included a list labeled “BODY PREP." It states tasks such as “remove head and hands, remove trace DNA and remove ID marks [like] tattoos.”

The contents are consistent with the condition of Mack and Taylor’s remains in 2000 and 2003. Their torsos were discovered in Manorville and more of their remains were found along Ocean Parkway in 2011. Also, Taylor’s tattoo had been mutilated in, what investigators believed at the time, an attempt by her killer to cover up anything that might identify her.

The document also stated to “use push pins to hang drop cloths from ceiling” and “use heavy rope for neck-light rope broke under stress of being tightened.” These details are what brought detectives back to Heuermann’s home for a renewed search in May.

“Once we received that document, we went back into the house and, looking at the paneling in the downstairs basement area, we were able to look through an infrared light and establish a cordoned-off area where an adhesive had been placed,” Tierney said. “We also found an area where there were push pins into the drop ceiling.”

Good discussion about the 'document'.@2:00
'Jun 6, 2024 #banfield #gilgobeach #gilgofour
Police have searched Gilgo Beach killing suspect Rex Heuermann’s home twice, and one piece of evidence they said they found in his basement was a Microsoft Word document named “HK2002-04.” Included in the documents was a “checklist of supplies” including ropes, saws and surgical drapes. Forensic psychology expert Katherine Ramsland and Milwaukee Police Dept. retired detective Steve Spingola join "Banfield" to discuss. '

Aug 26, 2024 rbbm
"We allege that the more rest the participants [have], the more you get done," Tierney said. "The more rested the participants are the more you can get done."

The planning document had been deleted in 2002, but it was recovered from a device found by officials at his home in Massapequa Park.''

'Prosecutors have released evidence showing a potential four-day period where Taylor may have been in captivity, based on the last time she called a family member and the day when a pickup truck was seen near where her body was found'

''Dr. Johanna Ellerup, Heuermann's sister-in-law, said in an email to NBC News on Friday that she is
"stunned" and "this disbelief alone is profound and altering."

"I vacillate between desperately wanting my niece and nephew’s life returned to its previous state, intact, without a father accused of being a serial killer to being pleased and secure in knowing that someone is in custody," Ellerup said.
“My ego has great difficulty processing the idea that I looked Rex in the eye and was unable to discern any murderous intentions.”
Wow. This is one of the most human and normal responses i have ever seen.

''Dr. Johanna Ellerup, Heuermann's sister-in-law, said in an email to NBC News on Friday that she is
"stunned" and "this disbelief alone is profound and altering."

"I vacillate between desperately wanting my niece and nephew’s life returned to its previous state, intact, without a father accused of being a serial killer to being pleased and secure in knowing that someone is in custody," Ellerup said.
“My ego has great difficulty processing the idea that I looked Rex in the eye and was unable to discern any murderous intentions.”
Poignant statements! She's very open about her many feelings, even the ones that are conflicting at times.

I haven't seen this level of insight from AE. It may be there. I'm only saying that I haven't seen it. For many reasons, an adult can lose or relinquish some of their insight for a time. AMOO

Poignant statements! She's very open about her many feelings, even the ones that are conflicting at times.

I haven't seen this level of insight from AE. It may be there. I'm only saying that I haven't seen it. For many reasons, an adult can lose or relinquish some of their insight for a time. AMOO
Well said!
I haven't seen any level of insight from AE imo to date.
MOO.

Missleaders were listed under problems. He was likely talking about sex workers who failed to show up for pick-ups that had been scheduled in person (I'll meet you later for an overnight call) or possibly via phone. This was pre-Internet victims, so it probably wasn't anything to do with misleading photos.
Very interesting!! Can you tell me where you found that info please. TY :)

A night manager claimed that she checked in on July 17 instead of July 6. This manager has yet to come forward or sign an affidavit. The hotel has also failed to respond.

Credit card statements with a clear arrival date vs. the word of an unknown night manager who Ray allegedly contacted, but has yet to come forward.

Guess which one holds more weight?

Also, "interpretations" with no precedence or logical explanation are the same thing as factual errors. Otherwise, you could excuse any old nonsense with an appended "MOO" or "interpretation."
I am so close to agreeing with this, but I don't consider it fully factual yet (most likely is ) because there are no charges for the first few days, with the other days having at least one, lots of shoe stores. I mapped them all out, looks like they took a trip to the outlets and also to went to Wildwood, so I figure the two hotel charges were done at the time of checkout for incidentals . My hesitation is that they took several trips to Wildwood, which is about one hour away.

So, although I think they probably went to Wildwood for the beach on several days, especially since AC was really gross back then, the lack of charges the first week, along with that, makes me want to see charges from the first week to physically place them in NJ.

Since it is on the cusp of the billing cycle, it makes sense that they may not appear on this bill, but this bill does not place them in AC physically until 7/12. The could have booked it online ahead of time so the arrival date isn't enough for me to be sure. (I know it seems overboard, but I am a facts only person, so I need to have real evidence). If I were the defense attorney, I would be all over that.

Then ignore her. Tierney is not simply not mentioning her. He is forcefully adding the information that the family was out of town when he mentions each charge.

Why wouldn't he just talk about the charges, let the press bring up the family, and then just say that they are not suspects or subjects at this time and are fully cooperating with the investigation?

That's SOP. For some reason. Tierney is not doing the usual.

He even delayed charging Maureen until he had the credit card receipt he dubiously claims shows Asa out of town. He didn't need that info to charge Rex. He needed that info so he could do his strange routine of mentioning that the family was out of town in the same breath as announcing the charges.

It is very unusual. LE doesn't generally have time to nor do they reap investigative benefit in "clearing" people. They just announce people are not subjects or suspects and move on.

MOI

Then ignore her. Tierney is not simply not mentioning her. He is forcefully adding the information that the family was out of town when he mentions each charge.

Why wouldn't he just talk about the charges, let the press bring up the family, and then just say that they are not suspects or subjects at this time and are fully cooperating with the investigation?

That's SOP. For some reason. Tierney is not doing the usual.

He even delayed charging Maureen until he had the credit card receipt he dubiously claims shows Asa out of town. He didn't need that info to charge Rex. He needed that info so he could do his strange routine of mentioning that the family was out of town in the same breath as announcing the charges.

It is very unusual. LE doesn't generally have time to nor do they reap investigative benefit in "clearing" people. They just announce people are not subjects or suspects and move on.

MOO
I have been thinking the same exact things! Event the way he wrote out the daughter was in kindergarten felt so childish and aggressive to me. If the District Attorney of Suffolk County can't understand that John Ray was obviously talking about ones we don't know about yet, when she was older, I am very worried about the whole case.

Then I wonder if they might want the family to think that but are investigating them and want them to be off guard. They did that with Castilla. They knew years ago that Bittrolff wasn't a suspect, but kept it private, which I think is very smart.

Either way, there is just waaay too much emphasis on it, which I really hope isn't some immature, unprofessional dig at JR.

I tend to believe Tierney when he says that Rex acted alone. There is a lot of evidence that hasn't been disclosed to the public. What we do know is that the family was out of town during each murder. That is a clear pattern. We also know that Rex contacted sex workers via burner phones, even when he planned on using their services as normal. That, to me, suggests he was actively hiding his "hobby" from his wife and kids. In fact, that may have been the reason he started using burners in the first place.

I think many people want to believe that others were involved because it adds further mystery. The lie is often more entertaining than the truth.

However, the evidence indicates that this was not the case.
I don't think people want to believe things for more mystery. People have been wanting answers for years, so that wouldn't make sense. I think some people just don't want to rule anything out because that would be irresponsible, yet the one he has been charged with so far, do seem to be solo.. My thought is that many of us think there are a lot more victims out there, so it's a possibility that he may have started out with someone or was groomed. Maybe not, but we really don't know.

I remember people going crazy about the idea of him doing it at the house. I remember SO many comments about how that was impossible in a house that small, and it were going off on people who mentioned it (not on this site), but if you look at the layout of the home, the basement is the entire size of the home and basements are not allowed to have that sq included as part of the overall sq fooatge, so that makes for a pretty large home. And the storage thing in the backyard does not connect with the home, rather a lot of stairs to a space underneath the house. My Aunt lived in a the same style house, right by Berner HS and half of the basement was one of the kids bedrooms, then a door to a big room with a bar. I remember that we stayed there when we had Hurricane Gloria and were not allowed to leave that room for whatever reason. And then there was also a little laundry room down there.

I think people get so set on what they believe to be true based on the evidence they have but, we all need to be more open and I find that some of the people really attached to the case from the beginning become closed off, and I can understand that, but Fresh Eyes are also valuable, being one of the reasons cold case squads are so valuable.

I don’t know who, outside the current investigative team, could rule out anything at all regarding RH’s murderous journey.

That doesn’t mean I believe in everything Tierney’s team tells the public, though. Like, it’s just unlikely he has only murdered people inside his house. Yup, that is my opinion based on the HK2002-document and nothing more than that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back