Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a similar batch update to missing persons in Manhattan on Aug. 5, but nothing sticks out as it being related at all to the LISK case. Most of the victims seem like they wouldn't be targets of Heuermann, at least based on what is public information at this time.

However, I ran across a profile for Connie Esposito, entered by Nassau County PD late last month, just two weeks before the big batch update for the UID profiles. She disappeared in March of 1995 from Uniondale, which is not very far from where Peaches was found in 1997, and about the same distance from Heuermann's home as Babylon (where Amber Costello was abducted), but in the other direction. This was before Heuermann remarried, so he likely would have still lived alone at that time. At 31, she is a bit older than most of the victims Heuermann is charged with, but Sandra Costilla (1993) was 28. Connie Esposito was not added to Namus until this past August, with no explanation why she's been missing close to 30 years before being entered and very sparse details about her disappearance. In her photo, she looks strikingly like Amber Costello and Maureen Brainerd-Barnes to me.

EDIT: Connie has a thread here: NY - NY - Connie Esposito, 31, Uniondale, 17 March 1995

I'm not at all an expert, so definitely take this with a grain of salt (and if someone who knows more than I do can weigh in, I'd appreciate it), but I would be kind of surprised if a hyoid bone could be drilled into without shattering. Maybe they're a bit tougher when it's not skeletal remains, but I majored in anthropology and spent a lot of time in the forensic anthro lab as an undergrad, and most of the remains we worked with didn't even have extant hyoid bones anymore because they're so fragile, and when we did find one we had to be so careful to keep it from breaking just from being handled.

Again, not an expert, and the remains I worked with were a few hundred years old or older, plus it's been 20 years, so maybe I'm way off here.
As another non-expert, experienced only in the behavior of paediatric bones around 9-12 years old that I have driven with various fractures and breakages in mini-vans to emergency rooms and having seen the x-rays, live bones are not brittle. They bend a lot, at least on tweens.

Shannan was a young adult, so the age is different. and my kiddos never drove a bike hyoid-bone first into a tree, thank goodness. I'm experienced with arms (even the big one in the upper arm) shoulders and toes.

I also have handled non-human bones when cooking, and I find that bones left out to the elements, like a turkey wish bone, seem much more brittle than the bones in meat cuts about to be roasted.

Without expertise, I would think a live bone could be punctured or drilled without shattering it more easily than a dried bone. I also think that carefully damaging a live bone on a human would be something only a person capable of torture could do.

The charging documents do suggest Rex Heuermann is capable of torture.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe
Back