Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So thankful to see this progress. Is there a MP Missing Person or UID number or NamUs ID to search for this individual? In the ‘Doe Network’?

Also…. the clothing…… have any images of those items, possibly colorized been provided? It might help visualization or identification or recollection?

NB: I am not entirely familiar with the type search capabilities for the missing or unidentified….. so the terms above may be incorrectly used? Apologies if so. MOO
They have images of the labels. I strongly suspect (and have done for some time) that after so long in a grave, with Asian Doe's body, in a harsh environment battered by salt water and weather, the clothing is not in a presentable, recognisable state for the public. They have given basic descriptions of what the items were, with some colour information, which is new.

MOO

They have images of the labels. I strongly suspect (and have done for some time) that after so long in a grave, with Asian Doe's body, in a harsh environment battered by salt water and weather, the clothing is not in a presentable, recognisable state for the public. They have given basic descriptions of what the items were, with some colour information, which is new.

MOO
It’s an issue. But maybe there are more durable parts on the clothing - buttons or something.

There are some bona fide fashion nerds out there.

MOO
Yes iamshadow21…. I agree entirely. But sometimes older catalogues and imagery might still be available? And I added later…. (not thinking yet this morning)….. and snarast also noted, Bill Blass clothing was not inexpensive here and higher end clothing at that time. So was hoping something might be unusual enough or older fashion records or images might possibly exist? Just grasping at straws. MOO

Yes iamshadow21…. I agree entirely. But sometimes older catalogues and imagery might still be available? And I added later…. (not thinking yet this morning)….. and snarast also noted, Bill Blass clothing was not inexpensive here and higher end clothing at that time. So was hoping something might be unusual enough or older fashion records or images might possibly exist? Just grasping at straws. MOO
oh they are around somewhere. But if it’s just buttons it might be hard to identify from the mags alone.

It’s a tough job, for sure.

Someone mentioned LISK could be the person responsible for the deaths of four young women who were dumped near a motel in New Jersey in the mid-2000s. Has anyone linked this information?
It's been gone over in The Killing Season series.

I personally don't think there is a connection. In my opinion, the signature was way too different. The only real commonality was the victims were vulnerable to a sexual predator.

MOO

Doe was poss a sex worker, they may have spent time in NY prior to their death
I find this one of the clues less likely to bear fruit at this time, as it is likely that persons with missing relatives have no idea that their loved one was exploited by human traffickers.

I was happy that it was emphasized that Asian Doe may not be local or even a national.

Not saying it was related- but for example, Pak has a record of participating in trafficking people from China.

Also, so far, only Maureen and possibly Sandra were from Long Island...sad when two victims are a minority of the victims for which a suspect is charged.

It is a fat gray line between being a victim of human trafficking and engaging in sex work of free volition. Of course, the majority of trafficked persons made some their own choices, with different degrees of external pressure. But all persons in sex work where it is unregulated (ie illegal) are at least partially victims, IMO.

I do wish that Tierney chose the words that it was likely they were a victim of human trafficking, rather than involved in sex work. That gives surviving family a better framework to change their theory as to what happened.

For example-and this is a completely fictional scenario I'm inventing around the facts. Suppose this person was from a family that moved to NYC from China, perhaps a mother and child duo, to escape the rejection of other Chinese relatives. The child was very depressed. The mother knew that the rejection from relatives and the culture shock was unbearable. Meanwhile, the child was being used by traffickers, who seemed accepting to the child, compared to their family experience. Of course, the child said nothing to the mother. The mother thought the child went for long, solitary walks. Then, the child just disappeared. Trafficking never entered mother's mind. She thought the child died from suicide in the woods, and was just never found. Maybe she moved back to China.

There are a number of scenarios where a family might have a theory that they accept as fact as to what happened tothem, and that scenario might not involve that the person was trafficked.

MOO

HQ Photos of the male depictions, along with the female depiction:
NCMU2005677c1.jpg
NCMU2005677x3.jpg
UP9355 NCMEC 3.jpeg
I'm so glad we finally have a better reconstruction, along with a female depiction too!

Does anyone know if it's common in certain cultures to not report missing relatives who are sex workers and/or transgender sex workers due to them having already brought what they believe to be is dishonor to their family?
Asian Doe is "high Chinese descent"

Or not come forward when a body is found that could be your missing relative?

If that could be the case with missing SWs you hope friends/associates would come forward.

Does anyone know if it's common in certain cultures to not report missing relatives who are sex workers and/or transgender sex workers due to them having already brought what they believe to be is dishonor to their family?

If that could be the case with missing SWs you hope friends/associates would come forward.
Han descent as in:

Or maybe I missed something?

Hopefully the focus on Asian Doe for the sake of justice will overpower any sense of regret or shame.

The whole point of having the two recons - which should have been done a decade ago - is that if this Doe was a sex worker, if they were transgender or gender diverse or femme, and if those things isolated them from birth family and culture... it wouldn't have isolated them from everyone. I noticed how often the language used in the press conference was heavily emphasising both family and friend connections for this Doe, with pretty equal weight. If they were a transgender sex worker isolated from family, they would have had friends. Even if this victim was trafficked - as most known Gilgo victims were to some degree - they would have had family they chose, not family they were born to. And those people may be reached with the newest recons, and with the outreach in multiple languages. It's very proactive and targeted to try and reach the most amount of people who could have known them. It's about damn time.

I'd like to see a similarly targeted approach for Lattingtown Jane Doe, who was also Asian, and is often loosely linked to the broader LISK case.

MOO

The whole point of having the two recons - which should have been done a decade ago - is that if this Doe was a sex worker, if they were transgender or gender diverse or femme, and if those things isolated them from birth family and culture... it wouldn't have isolated them from everyone. I noticed how often the language used in the press conference was heavily emphasising both family and friend connections for this Doe, with pretty equal weight. If they were a transgender sex worker isolated from family, they would have had friends. Even if this victim was trafficked, as most known Gilgo victims were to some degree - they would have had family they chose, not family they were born to. And those people may be reached with the newest recons, and with the outreach in multiple languages. It's very proactive and targeted to try and reach the most amount of people who could have known them. It's about damn time.

MOO
You're damn right it's about "damn time".
Maybe the reward will be the determining factor for someone to now come forward.
Not everyone or every sex worker wants to get involved with a criminal investigation .
Today's presser was bitter-sweet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968
Back