Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some cases i wanna mention.

I made a post in a different thread about a series of 8 murders that occured in Nassau county from the mid to late 80s.

Ive noticed 3 of them occured in 1989, and bore some resemblance to RHs other killings.

1) in June 1989, the body of Genise Wilder was found behind an electronics store in Hempstead NY.

Genise was found with multiple stab wounds to her upper body. Her clothing was disheveled.

While the location of the body is a lot more urban then RHs known victims, there are similarities between her murder and Sandra Costillas.

Sandras shirt was pulled over her head, Genise’s clothes were described as disheveled.

Sandra's body suffered post mortem stab wounds, Genise was stabbed multiple times. I am unsure if those wounds were inflicted post or pre mortem.

2) Carmen Vargas was found deceased off the side of the Meadowbrook parkway.
This article discusses the similarities between this case and some of RHs other victims

3) On Dec 13th 1989, the body of 23 year old Christine Warner was found in a wooded area of the Meadowbrook Polo club. She was completely nude and wrapped in plastic bags.

She was a known sex worker who often worked in Manhattan. Much like Sandra, she was was beaten, but ultimately died of strangulation.

Parts of Multiple suspected LISK victims were found in bags, including parts of Jessica Taylor, whose murder RH has been charged with

All victims mentioned above besides Sandra, have known ties to sex work

Last edited:
Some cases i wanna mention.

I made a post in a different thread about a series of 8 murders that occured in Nassau county from the mid to late 80s.

Ive noticed 3 of them occured in 1989, and bore some resemblance to RHs other killings.

1) in June 1989, the body of Genise Wilder was found behind an electronics store in Hempstead NY.

Genise was found with multiple stab wounds to her upper body. Her clothing was disheveled.

While the location of the body is a lot more urban then RHs known victims, there are similarities between her murder and Sandra Costillas.

Sandras shirt was pulled over her head, Genise’s clothes were described as disheveled.

Sandra's body suffered post mortem stab wounds, Genise was stabbed multiple times. I am unsure if those wounds were inflicted post or pre mortem.

2) Carmen Vargas was found deceased off the side of the Meadowbrook parkway.
This article discusses the similarities between this case and some of RHs other victims

3) On Dec 13th 1989, the body of 23 year old Christine Warner was found in a wooded area of the Meadowbrook Polo club. She was completely nude and wrapped in plastic bags.
She was a known sex worker who often worked in Manhattan. Much like Sandra, she was was beaten, but ultimately died of strangulation.

All victims mentioned above besides Sandra, have known ties to sex work

Those seem like possibilities. I wonder if their task force is looking at these. It's very possible, since they claim they have a fairly high number of cold cases they're reveiwing.

Those seem like possibilities. I wonder if their task force is looking at these. It's very possible, since they claim they have a fairly high number of cold cases they're reveiwing.
Carmen they definitely are.
I also want to bring up the fact that both her and Sandra also had their faces covered.

Sandras was covered with her shirt. Carmen's was covered with a towel.

Carmen they definitely are.
I also want to bring up the fact that both her and Sandra also had their faces covered.

Sandras was covered with her shirt. Carmen's was covered with a towel.
Isn't that different for Rex H? It's hard to say because many of his victims were badly decomposed, but I don't recall any having their faces covered. Many were wrapped up completely, so could be similar.

Isn't that different for Rex H? It's hard to say because many of his victims were badly decomposed, but I don't recall any having their faces covered. Many were wrapped up completely, so could be similar.
Sandra Costillas was. He was charged with her murder in June. Shes the earliest known vicitm, she died in 1993

this man had hundreds of electronic devices...the level of his trolling for sex workers and hook ups is dizzying..I wonder how far they have gotten with all of these devices and all his aliases, I wonder if people are coming forward more than we know. I do think that not many escaped him...I feel like if he got violent with you , you weren't going to live to tell..

I believe he was stalking Shannen and knew where she was..she knew him and she wasn't going to live to tell..mOO

Sandra Costillas was. He was charged with her murder in June. Shes the earliest known vicitm, she died in 1993
Interesting, I didn't see that in the article I read, but the news media reports varied with the details they reported. Rex H. had so many years of killing women that he was free to change his MO over the years. He had so much time he became very proficient, unfortunately.

If nothing else, LE and profilers will learn some things from his crimes, MO and the way he evolved (for lack of a better word).

Interesting, I didn't see that in the article I read, but the news media reports varied with the details they reported. Rex H. had so many years of killing women that he was free to change his MO over the years. He had so much time he became very proficient, unfortunately.

If nothing else, LE and profilers will learn some things from his crimes, MO and the way he evolved (for lack of a better word).

According to those court documents, Rajcoomar-Costilla was found “lying on her back with her arms outstretched over her head with her uncovered legs spread apart. The victim’s shirt had been pulled up over her torso and head, exposing the victim’s breasts. The victim had numerous sharp force injuries to, inter alia, her face, torso, breasts, left thigh, and vaginal area. Ms Costilla was a native of Trinidad and Tobago but had been living in New York prior to her disappearance and murder

Parts of Multiple suspected LISK victims were found in bags, including parts of Jessica Taylor, whose murder RH has been charged with
He specifically mentioned bags as something to switch up in his HK document, shared in the most recent bail application. This leads me to believe that he was using bags a lot pre-2000 and was starting to worry they might be a liability.

There were, iirc, some high profile cases in the late 90s/early 00s where law enforcement officers were able to recover fingerprints from plastic garbage bags with glue fuming even after they were exposed to the elements.

He specifically mentioned bags as something to switch up in his HK document, shared in the most recent bail application. This leads me to believe that he was using bags a lot pre-2000 and was starting to worry they might be a liability.

There were, iirc, some high profile cases in the late 90s/early 00s where law enforcement officers were able to recover fingerprints from plastic garbage bags with glue fuming even after they were exposed to the elements.
Yeah, I think that he worked out you probably can't get a fingerprint from burlap. More finely woven cloth if the print is in blood or ink, sure. But burlap is too coarse, too hairy.

MOO

Yeah, I think that he worked out you probably can't get a fingerprint from burlap. More finely woven cloth if the print is in blood or ink, sure. But burlap is too coarse, too hairy.

MOO

It's amazing how much time he probably spent figuring all of this out, planning, scheming over so many years of stalking and killing women. It's a shame he was given the freedom to pursue that for so long. JMO

I very vaguely recall a case where LE was able to take the composition of the bag, get the manufacturer and exact batch, then the person charged still had a box of those bags in their home when arrested.

So, if he purchased a batch of burlap bags 6 at a time (as I've seen them sold online) or even made his own from a bolt of burlap, then I wonder if perhaps they have matching burlap from one of the home searches.

I hope that was a real life case and not TV that stuck in my mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33
Back