Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Out of 25 Facebook messages sent to WIHS Class of 70 alumni, only six responded. None of them remember her.

I just received a delayed reply from one woman a couple of days ago, but she said that she only had a very vague recollection of her, but didn't know her.

rc1mrd.jpg

Side by side. They really dont look the same to me and I dont think the age matches up, the only on the left looks late teens/very early 20's to me.

Those photos are not of the same person. Look at the forehead; one is much higher than the other and not because of the hair style. Also look at the eye brows; the girl on the left has natural eyebrows, plucked for stray hairs perhaps but not shaped and is younger by far than the woman on the right. Her eyebrows have been shaped.

The nose, lips and chin are similar. Would it be the same criminal? The hair is similar. Ted Bundy liked brunettes with hair parted in the middle.

Kate

Carl, I am still following this thread. I hope that you are able to find out if she is a match. It is still just amazing to me how much the girl in the yearbook photo resembles the Alcala "possible" victim. To me, it is likely that any girl that he photographed was a victim - whether or not they realized it. Even if he did not harm them, IMHO he had bad intentions with all of them. He likely fantasized about them or about killing them. The ones that escaped without harm were likely lucky or had enough witnesses to save them.

Where are the ones that escaped? Women need to help women; they need to know that they did nothing wrong and come forward. Police "always" need to believe and support women when they try to tell a story of rape and attacks until they find out otherwise. They should be treated as officers treat their brother officers and as they would want their Mother's, wives and children treated.

One of the problems is their budgets are slim and there are so many incidents to take care of.

I always thought that if when an Amber Alert was announced, that EVERYONE go outside if they are not in a vehicle and look around where they live. Here the police call and a recording tells you of a person missing, what they are wearing, who they are with if they know etc. But they never let you know if they are found. Seems dumb to me.

I finally got a call-back from Detective Ellis of the Huntington Beach PD. He never received my initial e-mail so I re-sent it to him. I told him that I could find no evidence of WF's existence beyond 1970 in my research.

He looked at the photo and said "Sure looks like her." He indicated that he will look into it and let me know what he finds out.

I finally got a call-back from Detective Ellis of the Huntington Beach PD. He never received my initial e-mail so I re-sent it to him. I told him that I could find no evidence of WF's existence beyond 1970 in my research.

He looked at the photo and said "Sure looks like her." He indicated that he will look into it and let me know what he finds out.

I would be shocked if it wasn't WF. Maybe we can get a final resolution to this one at least....thanks so much Carl!

Lookie what I found!!!

Y'all S'ppose?

2878942350045078242S600x600Q851_zps4e7068fb.jpg

I found the photo in the Washington Irving H.S. (NYC) 1970 yearbook. Her initials are WF.

She might not have as much cheekbone as the girl in the Alcala photo. But everything else looks spot-on. She even has the same demure facial expression.

Washington Irving HS is less than a mile from NYU, where Alcala was a film school student from 1968 to 1971.

:bump: Bumping the side-by side up to the current page .

I still haven't given up on trying to find someone from WIHS who knew WF.

I finally figured out how to filter facebook members by school and by grad year. I sent out six more messages to WIHS Class of '70 alumni. I am up to 38 messages sent out now with only six replies. None of the six knew (or remembered) WF.

I also have not heard from Detective Ellis, so I don't know if he is finding anything out.

But I will keep y'all posted if I hear anything from either the FB members or from Det. Ellis.

There's a website for WIHS alumni, and there's 2 'recent members' from 70&71' (and hopefully more), unfortunately the site wont let you do squat unless your alumni/registered, If anyone can get an account there, maybe we could get more info on this girl.

There's a website for WIHS alumni, and there's 2 'recent members' from 70&71' (and hopefully more), unfortunately the site wont let you do squat unless your alumni/registered, If anyone can get an account there, maybe we could get more info on this girl.

If you're talking about allhighschools.com, her name only appears there because we have entered her name there to try to find her.

There is a fine-print message indicating:
Welcome, you are visiting the profile reserved for W:censored: F:censored:. This page is here because someone searched for this name.

alumniclass.com - it seems to be a facebook type thing for alumni. I dont see her on there, and it wont even let me search, itll only let you see the last 10 or so persons that signed up

I've had no luck with the Facebook messages (65 sent out, 7 responses, none of whom rembered WF), so I ran the surname in WhitePages.com, and started calling people who live in lower Manhattan, are older than 55 and have that surname.

I got ahold of 7 people with the same surname, and none of them have relatives or knew anyone named W:censored: F:censored:.

Carl, of all the face you've found in yearbooks, this one is a dead ringer (no pun intended) and virtually every facial aspect matches as does her physical proximity to where the picture in the fur coat was allegedly taken.

in terms of no one remembering WF, I can only make these observations. She had no activities listed on her yearbook page so she may well have been a loner just getting by in school. if a loner, she could have been more easily lured by Alcala with whatever promises of fame and glory he might have made.

we are talking about the early 70's so it is 40 years removed from when she attended WIHS so it would be amazing if someone remembered a loner. also, she may have left hr family to do her thing and that was that. you'd be surprised how often that still occurs when a problem member of a family leaves, promising never to speak to the rest of the family again. not saying that's what happened but she might have wanted to do live her life and depending on the circumstances, some families are relieved when that person does in fact leave.

I'm 30 years out of high school, and I remember most of my classmates at my school - even most of the loners. I may not remember them in detail, but at least I remember their names and faces.

But this was an inter-city school with a very racially diverse student body. There also appeared to be quite a few immigrants and people with long, hard to pronounce names. One of the persons who did reply to my Facebook inquiry said that she didn't think that there was a high school reunion, and she mentioned that there was not as much school spirit as you see in other schools. BTW, she was one of the stand-outs at that school, and appears in several locations throughout the book.

But you could be right that she could have been estranged from her family. I am wondering if she was an only child whose parents are now deceased.

I'm the same as you Carl, but my HS class had no more than 110 students graduating my year. this looked like a rather large student body so I can easily see how someone could fall through the cracks.

Not that this helps but FYI

Whoopi Goldberg (Caryn Elaine Johnson) attended Washington Irving HS NYC she Graduated from St. Columba Church Parish School, New York in 1969

That has got to be her! I hope you find something out soon. I can't stand waiting.

Not that this helps but FYI

Whoopi Goldberg (Caryn Elaine Johnson) attended Washington Irving HS NYC she Graduated from St. Columba Church Parish School, New York in 1969

St. Columba must have been an elementary or middle school, because she would have been only 13 years old in 1969 (presuming that school lets out in June). Her DOB is 13-Nov-55.

Whoopi dropped out of Washington Irving HS in her freshman year (i.e., the 1969-1970) school year. So she would have been there at least a portion of WF's senior year.

St. Columba must have been an elementary or middle school, because she would have been only 13 years old in 1969 (presuming that school lets out in June). Her DOB is 13-Nov-55.

Whoopi dropped out of Washington Irving HS in her freshman year (i.e., the 1969-1970) school year. So she would have been there at least a portion of WF's senior year.

They must have at least one of her bio's backwards because I looked it up and it showed her graduating from St Columba after attending WIHS.

It surprised me because she stated on her show that she attended WIHS. WIHS refers to her as a graduate from there. But several articles said she quit school when she was 17 (one article said she quit in her senior year) and moved to Ca. She has dislepsia and had problems in school.

Born Caryn Johnson on November 13, 1955 in New York City, Goldberg began her long career when she was eight years old, performing with New York's Helena Rubenstein Children's Theater. She then went on to study with the Hudson Guild children's arts program and attended the prestigious High School for the Performing Arts. After graduating, Goldberg occasionally won small parts in Broadway productions such as Hair, Pippin and Jesus Christ Superstar, but also supported herself doing odd jobs like bricklaying and serving as a funeral parlor make-up artist. In 1975, Goldberg moved West

http://movies.nytimes.com/person/27431/Whoopi-Goldberg/biography

Thanks, Carl. Have you made any headway on locating someone regarding the pictures? I noticed you used initials. Are those the yearbook girl's initals?
What lead you to search that yearbook or have you searched others also?

Is there anyplace that shows all the pictures besides a video? I understand a lot have been found alive but I was wondering about those who have not been either id'd and are still unknown.

Did he kill boys and men too? I thought I read that he had but I'm unable to find anything saying that lately. Do they suspect some of the guys who hung out with him were involved in any of his killings?

Tell me if I'm on the wrong thread to ask these questions.

Thanks

Thanks, Carl. Have you made any headway on locating someone regarding the pictures? I noticed you used initials. Are those the yearbook girl's initals?

I have called in her name to Patrick Ellis of the Huntington Beach PD, and he agreed that there was a strong resemblance. However, I have no idea how much headway he has made in his own investigation. As for my personal efforts, I've made no headway at all. I can find nothing on her. There are several people in Facebook and on the people finder sites, but none who appear to be the same woman. As I mentioned the other day, I started contacting persons over 55 years old with Lower Manhattan addresses and with the same surname, and so far none of the people I've contacted know her.

I am also up to 65 Facebook private messages sent to WIHS class of 70 alumni, and only seven replies, none from anyone who knew her. Unfortunately, people tend to ignore communications coming from people that they don't know, so the response rate on these PM's is very low.

I am using her initials WF because it is Websleuths policy not to reference by name people whose names are not part of the public record in connection to a case, and are not listed missing persons. If you want to know her name, PM me, and I will give it to you.

Is there anyplace that shows all the pictures besides a video? I understand a lot have been found alive but I was wondering about those who have not been either id'd and are still unknown.

There are several sites where the photos are available. Here are a few links:

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/11/100-photos-found-in-serial-killers-locker/

http://surfcity-hb.org/government/departments/pd/crime_info/rodney_photo.cfm

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-alcala-murders-pg,0,178235.photogallery

Did he kill boys and men too? I thought I read that he had but I'm unable to find anything saying that lately. Do they suspect some of the guys who hung out with him were involved in any of his killings?

All of his known victims have been females. There are five in California for whom he has been convicted, and another in California whose murder has been linked to him, but he has not been charged. There are also two women in New York whose murders he will soon be tried for.

There are also a couple of severe beatings of a young girl and a young woman where he stopped short (or was interrupted) before he was able to kill them.

From what we know, there is no indication that he had accomplices.

Tell me if I'm on the wrong thread to ask these questions.

No, this is the appropriate place to pose those questions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back