Good day from the carolinas.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

carolinas20

OSINT_Learning_4ever
Reaction score
Mods - please edit as needed - I know its long, but this is my purpose and hope I can find some information on how best I can assist in new/recent cases. I work on a team of 4 OSINT researchers and we wanted to check into this site and see where we could offer our skills and tools as we perfect our methodology for working such cases. If you review my email, anyone can see which university I attend and can off up additional information. If you could delete this yellow header if you approve, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I will see it's been deleted.

Thanks
JD

---------------

Hello all. I'm new to Websleuths but was interested in the site as there is a lot of information concerning known cases, cold cases, old cases and much more. I'm an OSINT researcher which as may know stands for Open Source Intelligence in the cybersecurity world. I am not the typical OSINT researcher as primarily I have been a business professional for 20 years and more. Please feel to review my profile. I believe its set up so all can see.

My main focus right now is developing skills to assists law enforcement and family at their request to employ tools in cyber to find out as much information available in today's digital world to help bring truths to light from the many Open Sources online.

PI's employ such services as well, some fully, some not. I am perfecting my OSINT methodologies, procedures protocols, & reports per know industry expectations and then raising the benchmark.

With a BS in Aviation Management, an MBA, and currently working on a BS in cybersecurity with a focus on data analytics, I'm looking to work on cases, both locally through networking with family law lawyers and other cases that are brought to my attention. Since I do not charge anything for my services but do have to prioritize with work and school, I try to spend as much time as I can and use the cases with my team to create our own custom programs/scripts to scrape the surface, deep and dark web for information about known cases.

A notice: Please don't misunderstand that while media has categorize the deep and dark web, please think of it like this:

Deep Web - Sites google is not able to index (Un-indexed - they're just unknown - like a computer in someone's home connected to the internet and running a web server - and google can't see it because the IP address and port info is not set to defaults and purposely hidden port 80 settings. (Many companies intranets are this way closed networks) - it gets a little more complex after this basic explanation.

Dark Web - anonymized (not completely even with TOR) *.onion sites that can only be read in TOR type browsers where yes, bad things can found but do not make up the majority of information. It's on the dark web where you find more nation-states communications and chat rooms where people share information that can be helpful with the proper deployment of social engineering techniques, tools, and anonymizing skills. This is also where each of our own countries' security agencies also spends much of their time on undercover work and open intelligence gathering.

I will be trying to find a thread that helps me quickly ramp up on how best to use this site. If there is anything I could potentially help with, please let me know. You must be a member to message me.

Again - this is my focus of study and a longtime hobby of mine and I prepare and deliver a professional report of what information is found as I dive into OSINT so I can perfect my process, understanding and provide as much information/truths as possible.

I network with individuals who do this professionally as part of PI companies and cyber patriots who I have come to respect.

Due to the nature of the cases, I must determine who and where this information will be provided. Traditionally, I have provided intelligence to law enforcement authorities where such typical cases contain little information about a subject like maybe a name and last known address.

Please wish me luck as I prepare for next week's Missing Persons CTF III by TraceLabs where we will gather as much intel on assigned cases. For more information on this (seemingly) Bi-Annual competition: Click here - I believe you all would be interested and please understand - that the cyber researchers, while a competition, are more interested in providing information for the cases they are provided. The awards are secondary. That is why I love this CTF event.

"Everything we do matter's, so make it count - change your life and those around you!" -Jordan Peterson

JD
OSINT_Researcher

Last edited:
@carolinas20 , how about financial information, importing & exporting?

Many are interested in the disappearance of Jennifer Farber Dulos:

CT - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSION*

Warning: we're on Thread #38 now:

Silver Alert - CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Indications of bank fraud, tax fraud, refugee-support-fund fraud, unusual imports & exports mixed into the evidence of assault resulting in serious bodily harm & the utter disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

IDK how folks carry out these types of shady deals, but perhaps there would be information in the parts of CyberSpace you describe?

LE has a website set up for anything useful you find:

Find Jennifer Dulos – New Canaan, CT

IIRC the officer in charge is John Kimball???

JMHO YMMV

ETA: tip website

Last edited:
can you edit the yellow to a different colour? I can't see it at all
Working off of my mobile right now, and can not figure out how to “click” edit anywhere. It may be something in how it’s displayed, but can you give me a pointer where to click? May have to wait until I get back in front of the computer.

@carolinas20 , how about financial information, importing & exporting?

Many are interested in the disappearance of Jennifer Farber Dulos:

CT - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSION*

Warning: we're on Thread #38 now:

Silver Alert - CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Indications of bank fraud, tax fraud, refugee-support-fund fraud, unusual imports & exports mixed into the evidence of assault resulting in serious bodily harm & the utter disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

IDK how folks carry out these types of shady deals, but perhaps there would be information in the parts of CyberSpace you describe?

LE has a website set up for anything useful you find:

Find Jennifer Dulos – New Canaan, CT

IIRC the officer in charge is John Kimball???

JMHO YMMV

ETA: tip website

I reviewed the information. I will sit down and dive deeper into details of the reports to begin scraping the intel.

JD

there doesn’t seem to be an edit button at the bottom of my post as I see in my replies... any help from anyone or mod. Even if a mod just changes the color would be great :)
You will see an edit button at the bottom of your more recent posts. You only have a small window of time in which you can edit your posts, approximately 45 minutes. Only a mod can make edits after that.

there doesn’t seem to be an edit button at the bottom of my post as I see in my replies... any help from anyone or mod. Even if a mod just changes the color would be great :)
Hi, just click the A button on the WS toolbar and you can change your font color back to black or whatever.

Welcome.

WS has a 'verified expert/professional' program where the admins check your credentials and if approved you are deemed an expert or professional in your field and so don't have to cite sources for statements made etc. Without it, if you made any statements on a particular thread then you would have to provide an explanation and sourcing to support your statements.

Something else to consider are the WS Terms of Service (TOS) which are listed in detail on the main splash page. Given your interests and possible wide net that might be cast on a case, it could get tricky to share information on anyone other than POI, Named Suspect etc. BUT, WS has private messaging function where it is possible to chat with up to 21 folks about topics not in TOS. So, this might help you with your work here too and so wanted to share that info with you.

@Laughing above mentioned the Dulos case and I've been following along there too (many others have as well!).

3 people have been charged so far (Fotis Dulos, Michelle Troconis and Kent Mawhinney) but the latest AW names another individual and it is believed that possibly others are involved as well. My point in bringing this info up is that within TOS on the main thread we can technically only discuss the 3 people and the person named in the AW. But, its pretty clear that others are involved so this has to go to PM for discussion.

The Dulos case might also be interesting to you because last week LE unsealed the first batch of search warrants (over 450 pages) and they included extensive electronic info requests including OnStar, Waze, cell tower dumps, digital devices, CCTV, online cloud backup used by the perps in their business and for their cell phones and many other pieces of information. WS has some very talented cell tech folks that have worked on other cases to help those of us without this expertise to understand what is going on. The reason I bring this info to your attention is that its a potential treasure trove of info to search through and try to understand what all LE is trying to accomplish. The FBI is very much a part of case and has been from the beginning, mainly I believe assisting with the CCTV which has been pieced together to develop the LE narrative.

If you have any questions about this you can ask them here or feel free to send me a PM. I'm fascinated by your interests and very much wonder how your work can intersect with the ongoing discussions here on WS.

Fox61 is a CT station that has the search warrants in an easy to access format and also has set up a way to explain why you might think a particular section of the search warrant is interesting, here is the link:

Read the Dulos case search warrants: What do you think?

Hi, just click the A button on the WS toolbar and you can change your font color back to black or whatever.

Welcome.

WS has a 'verified expert/professional' program where the admins check your credentials and if approved you are deemed an expert or professional in your field and so don't have to cite sources for statements made etc. Without it, if you made any statements on a particular thread then you would have to provide an explanation and sourcing to support your statements.

Something else to consider are the WS Terms of Service (TOS) which are listed in detail on the main splash page. Given your interests and possible wide net that might be cast on a case, it could get tricky to share information on anyone other than POI, Named Suspect etc. BUT, WS has private messaging function where it is possible to chat with up to 21 folks about topics not in TOS. So, this might help you with your work here too and so wanted to share that info with you.

@Laughing above mentioned the Dulos case and I've been following along there too (many others have as well!).

3 people have been charged so far (Fotis Dulos, Michelle Troconis and Kent Mawhinney) but the latest AW names another individual and it is believed that possibly others are involved as well. My point in bringing this info up is that within TOS on the main thread we can technically only discuss the 3 people and the person named in the AW. But, its pretty clear that others are involved so this has to go to PM for discussion.

The Dulos case might also be interesting to you because last week LE unsealed the first batch of search warrants (over 450 pages) and they included extensive electronic info requests including OnStar, Waze, cell tower dumps, digital devices, CCTV, online cloud backup used by the perps in their business and for their cell phones and many other pieces of information. WS has some very talented cell tech folks that have worked on other cases to help those of us without this expertise to understand what is going on. The reason I bring this info to your attention is that its a potential treasure trove of info to search through and try to understand what all LE is trying to accomplish. The FBI is very much a part of case and has been from the beginning, mainly I believe assisting with the CCTV which has been pieced together to develop the LE narrative.

If you have any questions about this you can ask them here or feel free to send me a PM. I'm fascinated by your interests and very much wonder how your work can intersect with the ongoing discussions here on WS.

Fox61 is a CT station that has the search warrants in an easy to access format and also has set up a way to explain why you might think a particular section of the search warrant is interesting, here is the link:

Read the Dulos case search warrants: What do you think?

thank you! I actually had reached with a question about this as I’m very familiar. As an OSINT Researcher, I run into this from time to time and often, what I have to request is a scope of the information/data of interest and then I develop my plan. The results are a sourced report that can be provided to the correct parties and with information about how I can be contacted regarding information I present for review.

I would be glad to review the steps needed to certify my credentials with the site.

I appreciate the pointers. I’m going to read all of the messages on my computer soon. I do have some questions on the case if I can DM you?

JD

Any help? There is no edit button on my main post so I can change the color of the text at the top...

upload_2020-1-26_14-39-50.png

Any help? There is no edit button on my main post so I can change the color of the text at the top...

View attachment 228073
Just saw the note about a short window of time... I apologize for the awful color.. here is the re-post of that paragraph.

Mods - please edit as needed - I know it's long, but this is my purpose and hope I can find some information on how best I can assist in new/recent cases. I work on a team of 4 independent OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) researchers . I wanted to check into this site and see where I and the others could offer our skills and tools as we perfect our methodology for working such cases. Each of us are pursuing cyber roles in intelligence, law enforcement, and family law as well as national defense against other nation-states.

Thanks
JD

Last edited:
Working off of my mobile right now, and can not figure out how to “click” edit anywhere. It may be something in how it’s displayed, but can you give me a pointer where to click? May have to wait until I get back in front of the computer.

Just click reply at the bottom of the post you want to ed t and it ias automaticallylloaded into the editor. I am pretty sure you are familiar with Basic And Html. Start there and you got it.
Thanks I just found this thread and am completely smitten with the whole subject.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back