GPS systems will be struck by Y2K-like bug on April 6: Security expert says he won’t fly on day zero

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOL
All I have to do is find my storage bins with my Y2k stuff in it and check the expiration dates. :) Im sure I will need new fresh gallons of water and some new soup cans.

Seriously though, probably not a good idea to fly or take a remote hike deep into the woods forest and only expect to rely on your hand held GPS unit. Better bring a compass and map if hiking remotely that day.

You should always take a map or compass anyway. Never a good idea to rely too much on technology or rely on only one source. I always think man, if we get a solar storm...

Definitely plan to give this the exact same amount of attention I gave it on 12/31/99. Hope it doesn't mess up my pokemon game.
Now that would be a real tragedy! I'm going to stock up on Smeargles!

Oh, and y'all, how am I going to find the Party Bunker without my GPS? I'll be bringing the hot wings...

I have no idea what any of these are, but for some reason their pronunciations are making me hungry. I know, I know, a search will enlighten me. Too many windows open, and time to open one more :p
From Wiki:

Currywurst
The invention of currywurst is attributed to Herta Heuwer in Berlin in 1949, after she obtained ketchup (or possibly Worcestershire sauce) and curry powder from British soldiers in Germany.[2][3] She mixed these ingredients with other spices and poured it over grilled pork sausage. Heuwer started selling the cheap but filling snack at a street stand in the Charlottenburg district of Berlin, where it became popular with construction workers rebuilding the devastated city. She patented her sauce under the name "Chillup" in 1951.[3] At its height the stand was selling 10,000 servings per week.[4] She later opened a small restaurant which operated until 1974.[5] On 30 June 2013 Heuwer's 100th birthday was celebrated with a Google Doodle.[6]

Franzbrötchen:
The Franzbrötchen was probably named in the style of the French (German 'französisch') model, the croissant, which is also made of pastry and became popular in Germany after Napoleon's troops had occupied Hamburg between 1806 and 1814. According to a different historical tradition, they produced a longish Franzbrot (German for 'French bread') which resembled the baguette. Legend has it, a baker in Hamburg had once seared such a Franzbrot in a pan of fat, which is considered the origin of the contemporary Franzbrötchen.

Flensburger:
Flensburger Brauerei is a brewery located in Flensburg in the Bundesland (federal state) of Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. It is one of the last country-wide operating breweries not being part of a larger brewery group. The company was founded on September 6, 1888 by five citizens of Flensburg. Today it is still mainly held by the founder families Petersen and Dethleffsen.
  • Flensburger Pilsener – North German variation of the pilsener style with 4.8% abv

Kölsch:
Kölsch (German pronunciation: [kœlʃ]) is a style of beer first brewed in Cologne, Germany. It is unusual because although it is warm fermented with ale yeast, it is then conditioned at cold temperatures like a lager.[1] This hybridized brewing process is similar to some other central northern European beers such as Düsseldorf's altbier.
Bottom-fermented beer started to appear in the Cologne region in the early 17th century and its popularity threatened the business interest of the brewers of Cologne, who only produced top-fermented ales. In response, the town council of Cologne in 1603 forced young brewers to swear an oath "that you prepare your beer, as of old, from good malt, good cereals, and good hops, well-boiled, and that you pitch it with top-yeast, and by no means with bottom yeast."[2]:305 In 1676 and again in 1698, the council again tried to legislate against bottom-fermented beer by forbidding its sale within the city walls.[2]:305 However, by 1750, Cologne brewers were competing against bottom-fermented beers by using a hybridized brewing process, first brewing their beer using top-fermenting yeast but then aging the beer in cold cellars like bottom-fermented beer.[2]:306

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N2URIQ
Back