CO Grand Junction - Human remains found in freezer - 12 Jan 2024 (Amanda Leariel Overstreet)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 537287
Finally managed to dig up a photo of her. Poor kid.
Red hair, blue eyes? Relatively rare combo.

This is one of those cases that make me feel this ache. Not only did nobody protect this kid, but for twenty years, not only did her death stay secret, but no one outside that bubble even noticed she was gone. And that makes me angry, that a kid can just fall off the edge of the world, and no one notices or cares until she turns up dead in a freezer.

She was a minor. Someone should have.

MOO

CNN online October 12, 2024 article by Zoe Sottile entitled ‘Body parts found in Colorado freezer identified as 16-year-old girl, missing since 2005’:

Quoting from that article:

“Overstreet, believed to be “approximately 16 years old at the time of her disappearance,” had not been “seen or heard from since April 2005,” according to the sheriff’s office. She was the daughter of the home’s previous owner.

There is no evidence Overstreet was ever reported missing, and the “circumstances surrounding her disappearance remain under investigation,” the sheriff’s office said.”

And the article also states:

“One neighbor recalled seeing Overstreet walk to school before her disappearance, according to CNN affiliate KJCT.”

Good to see some additional national focus on the story. There was also some information on FB sources IIUC that some former classmates were intending to go through school year books for pictures. Hope that will prove fruitful and help with other possible timelines in this case. MOO

CNN online October 12, 2024 article by Zoe Sottile entitled ‘Body parts found in Colorado freezer identified as 16-year-old girl, missing since 2005’:

Quoting from that article:

“Overstreet, believed to be “approximately 16 years old at the time of her disappearance,” had not been “seen or heard from since April 2005,” according to the sheriff’s office. She was the daughter of the home’s previous owner.

There is no evidence Overstreet was ever reported missing, and the “circumstances surrounding her disappearance remain under investigation,” the sheriff’s office said.”

And the article also states:

“One neighbor recalled seeing Overstreet walk to school before her disappearance, according to CNN affiliate KJCT.”

Good to see some additional national focus on the story. There was also some information on FB sources IIUC that some former classmates were intending to go through school year books for pictures. Hope that will prove fruitful and help with other possible timelines in this case. MOO
April. That's months before the death of Nelda in July.

And a third photo of Amanda
Gosh this case is crazy, the comments in fb are quite interesti g…

1728784312196.jpeg

Source. FamilySearch.org

So to summarise, and apologies if I get sth wrong as trying to catch up, Amanda was born in Harris TX on 04 Mar 1989 from L.M.Owho was 21. The bio dad is unknown. The grandparents N.A.O.O and J.F.O adopted her as theirs and raised her. They married in 1965 and had only 1 bio child born in 1968, L.M.O.I.
The O family is Texas based. I suppose Amanda grew up in Texas, Kountze. It is not clear when N.A.O.O fell sick, but Amanda must have moved to CO to her bio mum because of this.
Maybe N and J moved temporarily to CO to get help.
Amanda went missing sometime in April 2005, N. died in July 2005. We do not know where, but maybe in TX not CO.
There are some traces of an Amanda Overtsreet in Kountze as far as 2007, even though the transcript records have different dob (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:6YD8-CGK3, https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QJT1-Z8PY).

I’ve seen often mistakes in transcripts for other people so there is a possibility that Amanda may have still been alive, and gone back to TX as her grandmother was dying.
And there is a possibility that while she may have run away in 2005 to go back to TX (to her grandparents in Kountze), she may have come back to CO after her grandmother’s death and be murdered by someone then.

What I do not get is how it is possible that any murderer would sell a house and not remember to move human remains from a freezer therein ??!!

And to finish a little curiosity on red hair and blue eyes, i find it intriguing as it is extremely rare so most probably one of the parents must have it as dominant gene. Very rare to have two parents both with recessive genes but my biology dates from very long ago :)

T
And a third photo of Amanda
Gosh this case is crazy, the comments in fb are quite interesti g…

View attachment 537374

Source. FamilySearch.org

So to summarise, and apologies if I get sth wrong as trying to catch up, Amanda was born in Harris TX on 04 Mar 1989 from L.M.Owho was 21. The bio dad is unknown. The grandparents N.A.O.O and J.F.O adopted her as theirs and raised her. They married in 1965 and had only 1 bio child born in 1968, L.M.O.I.
The O family is Texas based. I suppose Amanda grew up in Texas, Kountze. It is not clear when N.A.O.O fell sick, but Amanda must have moved to CO to her bio mum because of this.
Maybe N and J moved temporarily to CO to get help.
Amanda went missing sometime in April 2005, N. died in July 2005. We do not know where, but maybe in TX not CO.
There are some traces of an Amanda Overtsreet in Kountze as far as 2007, even though the transcript records have different dob (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:6YD8-CGK3, https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QJT1-Z8PY).

I’ve seen often mistakes in transcripts for other people so there is a possibility that Amanda may have still been alive, and gone back to TX as her grandmother was dying.
And there is a possibility that while she may have run away in 2005 to go back to TX (to her grandparents in Kountze), she may have come back to CO after her grandmother’s death and be murdered by someone then.

What I do not get is how it is possible that any murderer would sell a house and not remember to move human remains from a freezer therein ??!!

And to finish a little curiosity on red hair and blue eyes, i find it intriguing as it is extremely rare so most probably one of the parents must have it as dominant gene. Very rare to have two parents both with recessive genes but my biology dates from very long ago :)
The bio dad is unknown?

The genes thing is interesting. Is it possible that Amanda was a product of SA? I hate to mention it. It was the not having the father on the birth certificate that got me there.

I seem to recall an article that came out that I’m trying to find again. It highlighted the alarming increase in occurances of inc*st found thanks to dna testing. Especially in cases where the individual was adopted. The article referenced and interviewed CeCe Moore who even went so far as to create an invite only private Facebook group account for people who entered their dna and found out that their mom or aunt or they themselves were the products of such terrible actions. Because she was finding so many during her assistance with genealogy cases.

It was a really interesting read nevertheless.

Hey folks, Brian's Dreams is not an approved source. Posts based on that have been removed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back