CO Grand Junction - Human remains found in freezer - 12 Jan 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like we're about to get a another case of "she was homeschooled" or "was pulled from public school after reports to CPS by teachers." MOO.

I've looked through available online yearbooks relevant to Grand Junction schools and I have not found an Amanda Overstreet. But of course not every school has every yearbook available online.

ETA: I think I found the house on Zillow but I won't share it publicly so as to not implicate the current owners. However it is relevant in "sleuthing" the recently identified decedent.

Such a sad story. And great sleuthing attempts here already. I am wondering (fearful) that if the family was already taking measures to conceal - might it have even started earlier - maybe ALO was not allowed to have a middle or high school yearbook photo taken?

Wonder if the 1990 and subsequent census records might help? Maybe some friends or acquaintances might come forward. :( MOO

ETA - I asked moderators to list this as Identified Amanda L. Overstreet…. and referenced the demos in post #24 from @victoriarobinson642 . Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Last edited:
Wasn't the name of the previous owner IMER??
Do we know the first name of Bradley's wife?
According to the Mesa County property search, Bradley and Lea Imer bought the house May 12, 2006. There's some confusing deed stuff that happens that May that I think might be some kind of estate sorting out. The last name of Overstreet is not involved.

I'm going to do a little more public record searching and see if I can find anything else.

According to the Mesa County property search, Bradley and Lea Imer bought the house May 12, 2006. There's some confusing deed stuff that happens that May that I think might be some kind of estate sorting out. The last name of Overstreet is not involved.

I'm going to do a little more public record searching and see if I can find anything else.
I’m thinking that Overstreet might be Leanne’s maiden name. Leanne’s father is James Overstreet. Amanda likely was a child born out wedlock. Maybe stepfather Bradley was abusing her , killed her and hid remains. Possible that Leanne wasn’t aware of the body being hidden. But really ? She didn’t even declare her daughter missing. Brother Anthony Imer was about 10 when when Amanda went missing he’s not saying anything….

I think Lea's Amanda's sister. Her maiden name was Overstreet. However, given the age difference, I wonder if Amanda was possibly Lea's child.
Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 2.33.00 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-10-11 at 2.32.35 PM.png

I think Amanda was Leanne’s sister. This obituary say’s “daughters Leanne Imer and Amanda Overstreet”

I think Amanda was Leanne’s sister. This obituary say’s “daughters Leanne Imer and Amanda Overstreet”

She was survived by her longtime friend and husband, James "Bobo" Overstreet; daughters, Leanne Imer and husband Bradley, Amanda Overstreet; sisters, Nancy Gandy, Carol McDonald, and Terry McNeely; grandchildren, Michael, Anthony, Madison, Elsie Belle; numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and friends.

So Nelda died in July 2005, and her 16-year old daughter Amanda vanishes sometime later that year? And no one in the extended family ever raises any questions? Hmm.

This is a good find!
But if Amanda was born in 1989 and Nelda was born in 1945, that would make Nelda 44 when she was born. It's not unheard of to have a baby at that age, but not common either. If Leanne was born in 1968, she would've been 21 when Amanda was born. I think the emphasis on "biological daughter" in the media points to maybe Amanda being Leanne's daughter who was maybe adopted by her maternal grandma Nelda? Just MOO, of course. It very well could be that there was just a large age gap between the sisters.
It's also strange that Amanda disappeared/potentially was killed in 2005 and that was the same year that Nelda passed. Maybe after Nelda passed she went to live with Leanne and Bradley and that's when something happened to her, whatever that was.

She was survived by her longtime friend and husband, James "Bobo" Overstreet; daughters, Leanne Imer and husband Bradley, Amanda Overstreet; sisters, Nancy Gandy, Carol McDonald, and Terry McNeely; grandchildren, Michael, Anthony, Madison, Elsie Belle; numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and friends.

So Nelda died in July 2005, and her 16-year old daughter Amanda vanishes sometime later that year? And no one in the extended family ever raises any questions? Hmm.
I'm confused by this. Wasn't it stated that Amanda was the daughter of the former property owner? How does that work if Brad Imer is her brother in law? Did James and Nelda own the property before Brad?

MOO

This article states Amanda was last seen alive in April 2005, before Nelda's death in July. Nelda's obit states that Amanda survived her, though, so take that as you will.
I don't think much of it. Obits say that kind of thing all the time in missing persons cases, even when it's as close to certain as can be without a body that the person is dead. They're not an official record, just a memorial by family members.

It's possible that Amanda was alive in July, but she could have been deceased and her killer just gave a plausible story for her absence from the funeral. Runaway is a perennial favourite for killers of kids and wives everywhere.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back