Grandfather I have never met. Daughters Love

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Katski

Reaction score
I am new to this so please be patient. I love solving mysteries. But this one is to close to home. And I no longer know how to research the information. My mother is 77yrs old and she looked for her father and could not find him. Let me start from the beginning and from stories and what my mother has told me about my Grandfather. He was not a nice man. He was an Alcoholic, tall (around 6' skinny and Handsome Black Hair) Cook in the Navy. My Grandfather Had a Scar on his Face and A navy tattoo on his arm. My Grandmother and grandfather met in San Diego and Married and had three Children My Mother Paulette Gail Cayce (Page now) and my two Uncles Robert Roy Cayce and Rodney ? Cayce. He would beat my Grandmother and my Mom would climb out the window to call the police. As time went on with some good times and Bad. My Mom met my Dad and Married around the age of 19yr and had my Brother Howard Lee Miley (deceased now) (Army Veteran). That is about the time my Grandfather went missing and has never been seen since or heard from. ( around 1962 0r 63)My mother believes he left with the carnies. Went to Texas where I am told some of his family lived. ( Grandma and Grandpa lived across the street from the Indiana State Fair and parked cars.)
I am on Ancestry and 23 and me and I have gone as far as I can. Grandfather is one of 9 children. Paulmer Cayce we worked at Allison's at one time before he went missing. He also was in the state Prison I think... in Indiana for Drinking. We believe he is dead more then likely but my mother has longed to find out what happened to him. If he was happy did he make it to wherever he was going. was he Murdered robbed? I have gone to websites that show deceased people trying to find someone that would look like what My mother described to me. She does have a picture but it is old. Please if anyone can help give this GIFT??? to my mother I would love that and appreciate it.

Katski - I'm very sorry for how this all played out and how it had to affect you. I'm just a member here, not one of the moderators, but I do have to share, that on this forum, your post to open a search thread must contain information from, and a link to, an official source: a Mainstream Media (MSM) news article, a release issued by law enforcement, a NamUs listing, etc. A missing person poster from social media is generally not sufficient. Additionally, as I understand it, an "insider statement" (family member) isn't allowed as the only source of information unless you have both the missing person information as stated above and become a "verified insider" (how to do that is in the forum rules).

That being said, I can tell you from experience, arrest and prison records are sometimes difficult if not impossible to find after 50+ years. Technically, criminal convictions stay on your record forever (unless sealed or expunged) but not all search engines query back that far, as really old records may not have been converted to electronic records in order to access within an electronic system. Here's a government website with links on how to find prison records if you have a name and state, and they can go back a LONG ways. How to look up prisoners and prison records | USAGov

Perhaps another member here has some advice for you. Best of luck in the search.

Katski - I'm very sorry for how this all played out and how it had to affect you. I'm just a member here, not one of the moderators, but I do have to share, that on this forum, your post to open a search thread must contain information from, and a link to, an official source: a Mainstream Media (MSM) news article, a release issued by law enforcement, a NamUs listing, etc. A missing person poster from social media is generally not sufficient. Additionally, as I understand it, an "insider statement" (family member) isn't allowed as the only source of information unless you have both the missing person information as stated above and become a "verified insider" (how to do that is in the forum rules).

That being said, I can tell you from experience, arrest and prison records are sometimes difficult if not impossible to find after 50+ years. Technically, criminal convictions stay on your record forever (unless sealed or expunged) but not all search engines query back that far, as really old records may not have been converted to electronic records in order to access within an electronic system. Here's a government website with links on how to find prison records if you have a name and state, and they can go back a LONG ways. How to look up prisoners and prison records | USAGov

Perhaps another member here has some advice for you. Best of luck in the search.
thank you for taking the time to explain all of this to me. it is heart breaking ..... as that is all we have. this is just so long ago. well I knew it was a long shot. thank you for your time :(

Do not lose hope! We’re here to help if we can.
Better for you to become a verified insider, I have already a lot of questions you would not be able to answer here without that first

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat
Back