Graphic Photos/ Day 6 The Garotte, The Cord, and Paint brush/12 Days of JonBenet

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Your post speaks to why I think BDI all.

I think PR was probably upstairs packing for quite some time. BR struck her on the head and she was lying there unconscious. He might have initially thought she would awaken soon. When she didn't, that's when the poking and prodding could have started; followed by the molestation, the wiping down, pulling up &/or changing her underwear and bottoms, and then the strangulation.

Maybe he ultimately strangled her simply because he was afraid that she was going to wake up and tattle on him.

Yes, that's basically what I think happened.

The strangulation could just be something he had fantasized about doing - who knows? Or, as you say he may have been afraid she would tell on him.

Kolar said "I don’t believe the strangulation with the cord was a part of staging, and its use constituted an underlying part of the motivation involved in the assault on JBR."

Sometimes I have trouble figuring out exactly what he means by underlying but then again I'm not BR. It's very possible BR was a simmering cauldron of anger and resentment for a long time and it was planned or fantasized about.

Kolar said "I don’t believe the strangulation with the cord was a part of staging, and its use constituted an underlying part of the motivation involved in the assault on JBR."

Sometimes I have trouble figuring out exactly what he means by underlying but then again I'm not BR. It's very possible BR was a simmering cauldron of anger and resentment for a long time and it was planned or fantasized about.

I think he meant that the strangulation was the second part of the attack by the same person. It was the paintbrush stick in the cord that was 'staging' possibly to look as though some vicious intruder had been at work.

Yes I also suspect that BR had fantasized about hurting his sister.

This is truly weird.

I've just posted something very similar to your above post on another thread.

Great minds think alike!

Miz Adventure

Your mind's great, mine's just weird after a long long day!

kanzz
I'm kind of there, I just don't feel I could stand up and PROVE it and I'm trying to get as close to that - for my own sanity - as I can.
"PR was probably upstairs packing for quite some time"
Yes and JR went to bed (why be around his family when there were no guests to put on a performance for).

Ambitioned
It confused me as well, as I thought the blow and the strangulation could (were) different people. But really trying out all the scenarios has changed my mind.

UKGuy
"assaults, whacks and strangles JonBenet"
I can see that now - there cannot be an "accidental strangulation". JBR is dead before the staging begins, that's why the option of a different kind of "bluff" can't happen. There is only one killer. Hitter and strangler.

So, after the head blow, who would decide that the only course of action was to finish off JBR? Or strangled her when they realised she wasn't dead?

I now have one killer. Who wanted JBR dead.
Grim.

AB1,

If the case is BDI, then BR has already ligature strangled JonBenet, yet she is not really dead.

45 minutes to 2 hours later along come the parents who want to stage away what is in front of them, so fabricate the ligature/paintbrush device, then mortally asphyxiate JonBenet knowingly or not?

Basically the way I see it, BDI All or not, is BR assaults, whacks and strangles JonBenet. Along come the parents who attempt to hide or remove the forensic signs of whatever took place.

The same template would apply to JDI or PDI, just some of the details would vary along with the motivation, i.e. attempted murder followed by crime-scene staging.

I've had a scenario in mind, and wonder what you and others think of it:

BR grabs JBR by her collar, she runs, he hits her over the head, pokes her with the train tracks to determine signs of life. After little to no signs, he wants to cover the redness and possible marks left on her neck so he finds cord and strangles her to make it look like an outsider did it (not hard enough though, so she's still alive), PR/JR/both come in, freak out, and devise the plan after wrangling a confession out of BR. PR takes a different piece of the same type of cord in fear of BRr's DNA being found on the previous piece and ties it around the paintbrush, and finally, JR or PR strangles JBR 45 minutes to 2 hours after she was hit over the head.

BR grabs JBR by her collar, she runs, he hits her over the head, pokes her with the train tracks to determine signs of life. After little to no signs, he wants to cover the redness and possible marks left on her neck so he finds cord and strangles her to make it look like an outsider did it (not hard enough though, so she's still alive), PR/JR/both come in, freak out, and devise the plan after wrangling a confession out of BR. PR takes a different piece of the same type of cord in fear of BRr's DNA being found on the previous piece and ties it around the paintbrush, and finally, JR or PR strangles JBR 45 minutes to 2 hours after she was hit over the head.

OliviaG1996,
Yes, something along these lines. BR can manually strangle JonBenet, or ligature strangle her, he just does not add the paintbrush and the knotting, i.e. that is PR?

The rail track prodding is speculative, anything matching the same design would do, even one of JonBenet's toys?

The thing about the rail tracks is where they originate from and where does this locate JonBenet?

Similar applies to the paintbrush and its use.

The major contributing factor to JonBenet's death is, unknown to us, but not Kolar, is that BR might be somewhere critical on the Autistic Spectrum?

Whatever BR and JonBenet indulged in private on Christmas Eve I see this being repeated Christmas Night, with tragic consequences.

Yes, that's basically what I think happened.

The strangulation could just be something he had fantasized about doing - who knows? Or, as you say he may have been afraid she would tell on him.
Sure, could have been a fantasy. Even could have been outright rage - brewing over a long time and culminating that night.

I didn't even think of this until right this minute - basically because I hadn't paid much attention to the bit about PR saying she'd dyed her hair that day - but maybe she was upstairs dyeing it that night. That could account for the odor being strong that next morning - and would have provided better opportunity in terms of time.

So JB receives a blow to the head and her neck is marked in such a way that the staging is used to try and cover up this as well?
I'll have to go back to the autopsy and the start of this thread.

Just when I thought one thing at least was clear in my head...

AB1,
So, after the head blow, who would decide that the only course of action was to finish off JBR? Or strangled her when they realised she wasn't dead?
Who knows, probably Patsy, there will have been a few drafts of staging just as there were of the ransom note.

One question is did the final ligature asphyxiation occur at the same point the decision was made to stage an Abduction?

I've always assumed that the Ransom Note only exists to explain how JonBenet moved from her bedroom to the wine-cellar, otherwise the nasty intruder could have assaulted JonBenet in her bedroom then left, just as he did from the basement, same result: homicide.

So JB receives a blow to the head and her neck is marked in such a way that the staging is used to try and cover up this as well?
I'll have to go back to the autopsy and the start of this thread.

Just when I thought one thing at least was clear in my head...

It might have been otg who explained that the white line at the bottom of JBR's neck suggests that JBR was strangled there before she was strangled in the area where the cord was eventually found on the neck. Either a manual strangulation or first ligature strangulation would be the cause.

WARNING: GRAPHIC AUTOPSY PHOTO.

AB1,

Who knows, probably Patsy, there will have been a few drafts of staging just as there were of the ransom note.

One question is did the final ligature asphyxiation occur at the same point the decision was made to stage an Abduction?

I've always assumed that the Ransom Note only exists to explain how JonBenet moved from her bedroom to the wine-cellar, otherwise the nasty intruder could have assaulted JonBenet in her bedroom then left, just as he did from the basement, same result: homicide.

Legally, it does matter if one person hits JBR and another strangles her. The strangler is not an accessory.

But if JBR was just unconscious, and found by PR, JR, whoever, I cannot see why they have to go with the strangulation scenario at all. They can still lie, cover up, tie hands etc and say an intruder broke in and assaulted JBR. They do not need to strangle her.

So I have one person hitting and strangling JBR. I have moved towards Kolar's thinking, which always confused be before.

BBM - very good point.
Moved from where?
Still not sure why Kolar is certain the blow happens in the kitchen.
Still to think about the garments that were in JBR's bedroom and bathroom (and those that aren't!)
Still to really think through BR's neatly made up beds.

I think he meant that the strangulation was the second part of the attack by the same person. It was the paintbrush stick in the cord that was 'staging' possibly to look as though some vicious intruder had been at work.

That does make sense.

I now have one killer. Who wanted JBR dead.
Grim.

Sure is!

Olivia, yup! Might explain why PR's fibers were on the "second cord"

The major contributing factor to JonBenet's death is, unknown to us, but not Kolar, is that BR might be somewhere critical on the Autistic Spectrum?

Idk about the spectrum. I lean more towards other mood or behavior disorders such as anxiety or OCD. I do believe Kolar is spot on when he delves into SBP. There are probably other behavior disorders tied in such as OCD. Kids with OCD can have preoccupation with body wastes, and sexual or aggressive thoughts. Whatever the hell he has, we know it isn't good and a little girl is dead because it wasn't addressed.

I have a gut feeling this is what the friends wanted to talk to PR about.

Good grief. I have read that this cord around her neck was a garrotte, sophisticated, intricate and blah, blah, blah. Smit turned it into an auto-erotic asphyxiation device! It makes me want to scream! It was a string wrapped around a stick! That's all!

BBM I think she was most likely stationary and seated when she was hit, because she doesn't have injuries from falling down.

Good grief. I have read that this cord around her neck was a garrotte, sophisticated, intricate and blah, blah, blah. Smit turned it into an auto-erotic asphyxiation device! It makes me want to scream! It was a string wrapped around a stick! That's all!

Cyril Wecht also tried to make his readers believe that crock. His theory was that JR was a paedo.

I regret spending good money on that book. I should have bought a bag of chips instead.

The intricacy in my opinion was in the knots (particularly on the handle): knots that a nine-year-old most likely couldn't have made, even with his vast (eyeroll) 2 or so years of Cub Scout experience.

TeaTime,
That's why its patently staging.

The intricacy in my opinion was in the knots (particularly on the handle): knots that a nine-year-old most likely couldn't have made, even with his vast (eyeroll) 2 or so years of Cub Scout experience.
It appears more complicated than it is, imo. I think that anybody who had ever been taught to hitch a boat to a cleave could easily do this, for example, almost instictively as a figure of eight. That's what it reminds me of.
With a cord on a stationary object, all one would need to do is move their hand back and forth to loop the cord over and over from one side to the other a few times, then tie off the end. If I remember to buy some cord the next time I'm in town, I'll make a video to demonstrate.
Also, knot-tying is something scouts learn early on.
attachment.php

Attachments

• b53a094c234b337bd040acb4f6739e16.jpg
    b53a094c234b337bd040acb4f6739e16.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 307
Respect your opinion Kanzz, but I don't know: I just can't buy that a nine year old was not only able to fashion these knots, but also able to fashion a successful killing device/whatever-you-want-to-call-it to boot. I will never be convinced of that. If this was a 13 or 14 year old, maybe I'd buy it that he could fashion all of this, in one shot, and use it successfully -- but this is a nine year old. I know, I know, he was a cub-scout, but nonetheless, he was a nine year old cub scout who I'm sure had a plethora of other interests to consume his time than sitting around all day practicing his knot-tying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back