Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, Murdered, Athens, May 11, 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Above I read the word "contractor" was used in regard to the alleged perpetrator. It seemed like it was a nickname but could it be his former occupation? He could be connected to their remodeling contractor and thus was aware of the money? But I still don't understand why they had to kill her. How does a human being get so evil as to be able to kill a mother of a baby right there in front of the child who was presumably crying? MOO
Regarding the "contractor", the article said that this is the term used by those involved in organized crime (I believe by those participating in it and investigating it alike) to refer to whomever "assigned" the job to the robbers and promised them a specific portion of the profits. So it doesn't seem like a nickname for this specific criminal, that could have anything to do with his profession, but rather what they generally call those playing this particular role in the planning of robberies. Now if the perpetrator turned out to be a contractor indeed, that would be interesting.

Caroline Crouch: Hundreds attend funeral of British woman killed in Greece burglary
skynews-greece-british-mother_5381989.jpg

Image: Hundreds of mourners at the funeral of Caroline Crouch (inset)

''Shops closed on the island in a mark of respect, as a black hearse arrived at the Agia Paraskevi church covered in white roses.

Mr Anagnostopoulos helped his daughter lay a flower on her mother's coffin.''

I. Am. So. Confused.

The media has reported so many variances in details of what happened. His entire head and neck were covered in duct tape. Oh wait, now maybe his nose wasn’t covered (because, gee, why wouldn’t the killers cover his nose?). And wait again, his eye was partially uncovered. And wait again, he was able to retrieve his cellphone. But wait again, police had to untie him.

I remain confused.

Realistically the guys who did this are dead. They took some self indulgent time to satisfy their sociopathic tendencies (sadism towards animals and young females is well documented power rush), and called down international attention and resources on their boss. They messed up, and I'd be shocked if they're still alive.I think the trail will go cold, to protect the real puppeteers.

Re: lack of emotionality, another common response to trauma is to withdraw - its common in animals - the freeze response, rabbit in headlights, fawn in the grass - "playing dead". Biochemically and physiologically it's as natural response as hysteria. The "thinking brain" almost literally detaches itself from sensory and emotional input, to cope better. It's also seen in road traffic accidents, childbirth, acts of violence in war etc. Something doesn't seem right but again, I think reaction could all be very natural. Re: their age gap, Caroline's father was 58 when she was born - I suspect she didn't see the same age gap we did, especially in what seem to be slightly old fashioned island settings with strong catholic/conservative values. It's hard to get a feel for crimes that happen outside one's immediate setting.

Greek neighbourhood has been hit by THREE villa burglaries in six months before horrific murder - News Colony
''This was a scene akin to a movie or TV plot, not the upmarket Glyka Nera neighbourhood.

But was such a robbery so unusual? It seems not. The Mail can reveal that there have been at least three burglaries in the area in the past six months, where extreme violence — or the threat of such — has been a hallmark.

In December, four men broke into a house in nearby Chalandri, dragged a female occupant by the hair, before threatening to slit her throat and escaping with £8,000 in cash and jewellery. The similarities with the most recent robbery are stark. Four men were involved in both break-ins. In both cases they entered the property through a back window. On both occasions, they stole cash and jewels.''

''In the same year, an elderly couple were targeted in Ioannina, the closest Greek city to Albania. The husband was tied up and attacked and died in hospital from head injuries sustained in the robbery. Cash and jewellery was stolen —just like the raid which ended with Caroline’s murder.''

''Police have offered a reward of £280,000 for any information leading to the arrest of Caroline’s killers, who have left a baby without a mother.

Could there be a more pitiful and heartbreaking waste of a life?''

Burglars who tortured a British mum to death in Greece could be caught by DNA under her fingernails as she fought for her life.

Samples from Caroline Crouch’s fingernails show evidence of her frantic struggle as she was being strangled with her T-shirt and are now being examined by investigators.

Murdered mum’s chilling final moments

Έγκλημα στα Γλυκά Νερά: Eίδαν το πρόσωπο του δολοφόνου - Κοντά στην ταυτοποίησή του η ΕΛ.ΑΣ. (video) - ertnews.gr

my summary and translation:

The husband told police a detailed description of the murderer. He (and also his wife) saw the murderer's face because his mask* fell down to his neck (and thus exposed his face) when he went on the bed to overpower/immobilize the wife. The police are showing the husband pictures of known criminals in an attempt to identify the murderer. Police are hopeful that they are close to identifying the murderer because in addition to the husband's assistance, they also expect to have leads soon from the forensics investigation.

*mask: a half-face balaclava

£30,000 for an hour's work doesn't sound bad to me! These guys are pretty sure they weren't going to be caught.

i think they thought husband was already dead. Plus the way poor girl was killed was prolonged and intimate - they enjoyed it. Psychopaths often really enjoy killing young pretty women - you see that pattern over and over. Husband was a pragmatic killing. They may also have thought he couldn't see their face, but yes, reports say he kept passing out. At first I thought he was really fishy, but now there's been similar robberies in past, don't see whAt's weird about this one. It doesn't make sense to us as we aren't killers, but some people really enjoy the power of ending someone's life.

This case gives me chills! RIP sweet Caroline! This crime seems so personal. I mean "professional" burglars operate quickly, they observe the house in order to avoid inhabitants. And if the family is sleeping, the criminals work soudlessly. Is the deranged, psychopatic gang running loose in Athens? Or was it a hit on the wife? Greek police must work really hard because public is scared and media are watching closely. I also dont understand the statement from the police that some members of a gang, obviosly a different one, have been under observation for 3 years. So they operated for such a long time without being arrested?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member