Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but when the parents cant keep their story straight thats when I have a problem. Yes you can hand your kid off to relatives or friends, but when it comes to registering that child for school, tax time, and having a legal right to that child you are in trouble here in the US. If its temporary o.k. I understand, but any permanent handing your child off should be legal anywhere. It opens the flood gates to pedos and child rings and abuse if you just let people raise a child that isnt theirs legally or biologically.

I was raised by my grandma and she had to go to court to get custody of me. It was for my protection. If you dont want law enforcement doing DNA tests on your child and what not then have legal documentation.

As for linda7NJ, I enjoy your posts everyday and that amount of money with that many mouths to feed is certainly poverty.

IMO pedophiles have zero problems finding & accessing children. Just because someone goes through the legal adoption process, guardianship, or fostercare is no guarantee the child will be safe from physical, sexual or emotional abuse, neglect or death. Being a biological child also offers no such protection guarantee. It's a completely false sense of security if people are actually believing it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ummm yeah, it's my nature;)

I shoulda posted a warning:) sorry about that!

Is it possible to have an honest conversation here. While $46K is not a living large, it may not be living in poverty. I lived at the poverty line and below for several years so I actually know what it is like.

The poverty line for a family of five in the US for 2011 for five people was $27,251.
www.irp.wisc.edu/faqs/faq1.htm

The minimum salary level in Greece for one year is 8,208 euro or 16,416 euro for two adults. They were collecting about twice that much from the government.

"...the minimum gross monthly salary in Greece in the period following February 2012 was 684 euro. "

http://www.grreporter.info/en/minimum_salary_greece_still_among_highest_european_union/8739

I looked this up for my own perspective on that amount in their area, but thought it was good to share. We don't know if they made other money.

So they inspected all documentation for every Roma child on the compound?

I already asked the question if they 'inspected' this couple because of the child and the answer was no. So why would you ask if they inspected everyone else on the compound?

IMO pedophiles have zero problems finding & accessing children. Just because someone goes through the legal adoption process, guardianship, or fostercare is no guarantee the child will be safe from physical, sexual or emotional abuse, neglect or death. Being a biological child also offers no such protection guarantee. It's a completely false sense of security if people are actually believing it makes a difference.

A false sense of security is much different than trying to protect children through documentation. Apparently you didn't read the part in the news article I quoted about UNICEF's reaction.

The local arm of the U.N. Children's Fund (UNICEF) says the lack of controls makes Greece fertile ground for possible trafficking.

Its head, Labros Kanellopoulos, estimates that thousands of missing children, mainly from eastern Europe, may be victims of trafficking, but there is no data on official numbers.

"There is a lack of checks, and the onus of responsibility lies with the police and local authorities, who have not shown enough interest," he said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/23/us-greece-girl-idUSBRE99L0R620131023

Is it possible to have an honest conversation here. While $46K is not a living large, it may not be living in poverty. I lived at the poverty line and below for several years so I actually know what it is like.

The poverty line for a family of five in the US for 2011 for five people was $27,251.
www.irp.wisc.edu/faqs/faq1.htm

The minimum salary level in Greece for one year is 8,208 euro or 16,416 euro for two adults. They were collecting about twice that much from the government.

"...the minimum gross monthly salary in Greece in the period following February 2012 was 684 euro. "

http://www.grreporter.info/en/minimum_salary_greece_still_among_highest_european_union/8739

I looked this up for my own perspective on that amount in their area, but thought it was good to share. We don't know if they made other money.

Twice that for two adults. Okay...

But they had 4 children in the home at the time, correct?

My point was they certainly do not appear to be rolling in free money. IMO they appear to be barely scraping by.

I would imagine it darn near impossible for a known Roma to actually find a decent job.... Seems prejudice is in no short supply and with the economic problems and all of imagine being A gypsy is not easy.

IMO

We don't know if they made other money.

Snip by me.

According to some reports, they made money by begging/having kid(s) beg, and Dad at one time committed armed robbery. Did he get any money before he was arrested? Who knows.
This is reminding me of the FLDS (and other) welfare scams. People collecting thousands and thousands while having lucrative cash (or off the radar) businesses. I doubt government subsidies were their only source of income. It seems it was far too easy to scam the government, so they kept going back for more. Anyone know if the housing is provided by the Greek government?

I already asked the question if they 'inspected' this couple because of the child and the answer was no. So why would you ask if they inspected everyone else on the compound?

Because I find it hard to believe. I question things.
I also find the double standard and lack of knowledge about how the real world works very troubling.

Do you honestly believe this is only a problem in Greece?

Huh? I didn't say that nor imply it. Why would I think it is only a problem in Greece? But Greece appears to need to tighten up.

It seems the housing was funded by the government, so we can take mortgage, real estate taxes and insurance-type costs out of the calculations for yearly expenses. $46K a year is nothing to sneeze at when you don't pay housing costs. Even with several kids (popular media consensus seems to be Mom and Dad Roma had 10 likely-fictitious children registered, leaving them with possibly 4 'actual' children). http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/23/world/europe/europe-mystery-girls/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

Has someone started the thread we are supposed to discuss this on yet?

I have trouble starting one on my phone with tapatalk. Can someone please link me...

Has someone started the thread we are supposed to discuss this on yet?

I have trouble starting one on my phone with tapatalk. Can someone please link me...

No. But I hope someone does soon. The discussions from today are really taking away from the case and getting frustrating. Hoping to get back to the facts here soon.

It seems the housing was funded by the government, so we can take mortgage, real estate taxes and insurance-type costs out of the calculations for yearly expenses. $46K a year is nothing to sneeze at when you don't pay housing costs. Even with several kids (popular media consensus seems to be Mom and Dad Roma had 10 likely-fictitious children registered, leaving them with possibly 4 'actual' children). http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/23/world/europe/europe-mystery-girls/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

I don't even make that much with a full time job. $31,000 that's it!

So they inspected all documentation for every Roma child on the compound?

It was my understanding that they were looking at all the couple's "children," not just M****.

If she was bought by this couple by some baby stealing & selling ring they must be the worst ring ever! That makes no sense. She's worth more than the pittance this family allegedly paid.

She wasn't stolen for the money she makes begging because her family makes more with pretend children. ...allegedly. So that makes no sense.

I find it far more likely this couple was given the child by her biological parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members