GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, a stillborn baby is dead. But babies are often born alive but not immediately breathing if their airway is blocked. My position is if you care about your baby living and you're not positive it's dead you should get help immediately if you don't know what to do. She chose not to even attempt to get help for her baby when she wasn't sure if it was dead or alive. That callous indifference is inexcusable, if not illegal.

ITA. I’ve always felt that Annabelle was born alive and probably had blocked airways at birth. What’s the very first thing a doctor does immediately at delivery? He suctions the babies airway.

What stood out to me the most throughout this whole trial was that BSR said herself that she saw the babies arms move. That’s a living baby if her arms were moving. Annabelle most likely suffocated shortly after birth by not having her airways cleared or by being squeezed too tightly so she wouldn’t be heard and she most likely could’ve been saved if her mother had only yelled out for help or called 911. But she chose not to.

JMO

@AnnInOhio said:
Something I missed that was mentioned in the closing was something about Skylar's mom taking a message from the OB/GYN office and asking Skylar if she was pregnant. Can anyone give me some quick background on what that was about and did they say what the clinic said to mom that made her suspect pregnancy? Thanks.

Welcome to Websleuths @AnnInOhio!

There's a screen shot of this patient summary in earlier thread, but I'll attempt to describe it for you. Essentially, it description of BSR's medical appointment at OBGYN on 4/26/17.

At the top of page in bold typeface were column headings including:

Date of appointment/service;
Description of consult;
Rx Script;
Rx Start /Discontinue date;**
And comments.

The first entry-- followed the above format, described BSR's appointment specific to obtaining birth control script, and the comment section left blank.

The second entry was identical to the first entry except for the following notation added under comment: "patient pregnant"

**Important to also note that the Start/Discontinue dates for the script were both shown as 4/26/17 - as script was canceled when pregnancy test was positive.

Dr Andrews testified the bc script was written prior to BSR's test at his office, and script canceled upon confirmation of positive result.

By all accounts, it appears an error occurred when BSR picked up the 3 /month script at CVC Pharmacy same day and/or before the cancellation order posted.

Understandably, the "pt pregnant" message put mom in panic mode, and texted BSR demanding a phone call ASAP. BSR replied she just arrived at school, and couldn't talk.

BSR told detectives she was able to convinced mom that the summary was a mistake, and backed up her lie with the bc pills in hand. (i.e., wouldn't need if pregnant).

Hope this answers your question! :)

Here's the screenshot for you -- compliments of @osu

1419b9eb-0df8-41ef-ab78-18d61431a4bc-jpeg.204086

I'm listening to this prosecutor right now and I want to wring his neck. He just keeps saying Skylar met 15 items on the neonaticide checklist. Someone from Law & Crime freaking called the guy who wrote the checklist and they said the way the prosecution used it was incorrect. I hope he calls the prosecutor out on this.

Re bolded - do you have a link for that?

@gitana1
do you know what this means

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Fornshell says not sure when the baby's remains will be returned to family or which family, the father's family was also in the courtroom and he has not been covicted.
@journalnews

Here's the corrected tweet - maybe it makes more sense now. I think Fornshell was just being cheeky -- he'd prefer birth father to receive remains because the birth mother was just convicted of abusing Annabelle's corpse.

Lauren Pack‏ @LPackJN
Fornshell says not sure when the baby's remains will be returned to family or which family, the father's family was also in the courtroom and he has not been convicted. @journalnews

2:48 PM - 12 Sep 2019

Lauren Pack‏ @LPackJN
Richardson sobbing, family holding hands. Sentencing set for tomorrow at 11 a.m. She is going back into custody until tomorrow for sentencing on the low felony charge @journalnews

12:55 PM - 12 Sep 2019

Lauren Pack‏ @LPackJN
Max is 6 months. It is the lowest felony and she has no prior record, so likely will get probation

6:39 PM - 12 Sep 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members