Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Yep!!! I was looking over @ Innocent Project & MOST have been jailed because of Eyewitness Misidentification... Shocking!!!!!!!
I'm sorry but I do not believe Gracies story. I think she saw someone but not Jason....

So what do you think of the eyewitness testimony on Richard Allan Davis? The sketch of Davis from the *eyewitness* accounts, the two other little girls present when Polly Klass was abducted, when put up next to Davis photo, could have been an artist's sketch of Davis, done at a sitting.

And the sketch of the kidnapper and killer of Samantha Runnion, given by a six yr. old child, was so good it led to the identity of Samantha's killer within days of her abduction.

I don't think one can generalize these things.

My alt friend said that they (the alt) did not put much weight on Gracie's testimony because she was obviously impaired. Without Gracie's testimony, this alt came to believe that JY was guilty.

Did your friend say anything about the other eyewitnesses that testified (Ms. Beaver and Ms. Hensley)? I've been very curious about those two but haven't heard any of the jurors yet mention them and I haven't heard that any reporters have asked about those two witness testimonies.

My alt friend said that they (the alt) did not put much weight on Gracie's testimony because she was obviously impaired. Without Gracie's testimony, this alt came to believe that JY was guilty.
I wasn't on this jury, obviously, but I remember when I moved from neutral regarding Jason, to Guilty. I tossed out Gracie's testimony and still found him guilty. IMO, Gracie's testimony added icing, but it wasn't needed to convict. I also tossed out Hensley and Beaver. None of the eye-witness testimony moved me one way or the other.

JMO

Did your friend say anything about the other eyewitnesses that testified (Ms. Beaver and Ms. Hensley)? I've been very curious about those two but haven't heard any of the jurors yet mention them and I haven't heard that any reporters have asked about those two witness testimonies.

I'll ask and let you know. They did say they enjoyed Ms Hensley. :D

I wasn't on this jury, obviously, but I remember when I moved from neutral regarding Jason, to Guilty. I tossed out Gracie's testimony and still found him guilty. IMO, Gracie's testimony added icing, but it wasn't needed to convict. I also tossed out Hensley and Beaver. None of the eye-witness testimony moved me one way or the other.

JMO

I do remember you posting that when you came to that opinion.

I'll ask and let you know. They did say they enjoyed Ms Hensley. :D

OT/ Can I ask what the little picture, is it called an avatar??? The little photo that comes up with your posts, who is it? It looks very similar to the Freddie Mercury statue. Just curious?

OT/ Can I ask what the little picture, is it called an avatar??? The little photo that comes up with your posts, who is it? It looks very similar to the Freddie Mercury statue. Just curious?
It's the Freddie Mercury statue here in Switzerland. In Montreux.

Perhaps I misunderstood your post.
A comment is made about the Innocence Project, eyewitness testimony being responsible for a lot of people being wrongfully convicted which is then followed by a comment that the person believes Gracie saw someone just not Jason.
That sounded to me like there was a connection being made there and not just a comment unrelated to the sentence directly preceding it.

IMO

BBM

You did... I was replying to Otto about Eyewitness misidentification has long been regarded as the leading, if not overwhelming, cause of a wrongful conviction

Then I gave my opinion about Gracie.... Never said the jury counted her testimony as the truth.. Im not going to fight with you ladies about this.. Its my opinion ....

So what do you think of the eyewitness testimony on Richard Allan Davis? The sketch of Davis from the *eyewitness* accounts, the two other little girls present when Polly Klass was abducted, when put up next to Davis photo, could have been an artist's sketch of Davis, done at a sitting.

And the sketch of the kidnapper and killer of Samantha Runnion, given by a six yr. old child, was so good it led to the identity of Samantha's killer within days of her abduction.

I don't think one can generalize these things.

I don't have any opinion on it since I never followed that case..... I have a small business & cant spend all day following every case that comes up in the news ..

But since you want to quote cases where the identity was made correctly.... One can always be wrong...

Eyewitness Misidentification
Eyewitness misidentification is the single greatest cause of wrongful convictions nationwide, playing a role in more than 75% of convictions overturned through DNA testing.

While eyewitness testimony can be persuasive evidence before a judge or jury, 30 years of strong social science research has proven that eyewitness identification is often unreliable. Research shows that the human mind is not like a tape recorder; we neither record events exactly as we see them, nor recall them like a tape that has been rewound. Instead, witness memory is like any other evidence at a crime scene; it must be preserved carefully and retrieved methodically, or it can be contaminated.

It's the Freddie Mercury statue here in Switzerland. In Montreux.

I thought that's what it was, couldn't remember the location, but I knew it was Switzerland! Thank you. I've always been a HUGE Freddie Mercury fan myself. He is my all time favorite frontman, singer. :) I own every one of Queen's recordings, even have a vinyl collection. And all of Freddie's solo work too. The Barcelona CD being one of my favorites!! :seeya:

Personally, I had no doubt Gracie encountered JLY at 5:37AM.

1- Parked on the very far side of the pump islands, even though all pumps closest to the store were free. Who would do that, if they had to pay cash?
2- He paid for $20 yet pumped $15. Who would leave w/o getting $5 change?
3- She not only remembered his face, she also remembered he drove a white SUV. Just another coincidence?
4- The camera at the hotel was tampered with at 6:35AM, putting him square in the timeline. Just another coincidence?

1- Parked on the very far side of the pump islands, even though all pumps closest to teh store were free. Who would do that, if they had to pay cash?
3- She not only remembered his face, she also remembered he drove a white SUV. Just another coincidence?
4- The camera at the hotel was tampered with at 6:35AM, putting him square in the timeline. Just another coincidence?

What he said. :fence:

1- Parked on the very far side of the pump islands, even though all pumps closest to teh store were free. Who would do that, if they had to pay cash?

Thats cool.. Thats ur right... Some people dont believe her...

I thought that's what it was, couldn't remember the location, but I knew it was Switzerland! Thank you. I've always been a HUGE Freddie Mercury fan myself. He is my all time favorite frontman, singer. :) I own every one of Queen's recordings, even have a vinyl collection. And all of Freddie's solo work too. The Barcelona CD being one of my favorites!! :seeya:
:rocker:

Ditto.

In case anyone missed it, Jay will eventually leave....<modsnip>. :)

Capture-56.jpg

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

1- Parked on the very far side of the pump islands, even though all pumps closest to the store were free. Who would do that, if they had to pay cash?

I have been SO frustrated reading comments on some of the local news sites about this case. I do not for the life of me understand why nowadays every high profile case has a large amount of people who are convinced that the defendant is innocent despite the evidence showing otherwise.

I quoted this post in particular because I keep hearing over and over again from JY supporters how he was convicted on just "coincidences". The point is, they aren't coincidences. They are evidence. The only way they would be coincidences was if he was innocent, and the unluckiest person in the world. So unlucky in fact, that it defies logic and reality.

The new criticism they've been throwing out lately is about one of the jurors saying the lack of physical evidence points more towards JY than to a stranger. In general they were referring to Cassidy's feet having been cleaned, etc. Somehow they have taken that logical assumption and twisted it into "oh my god, the jury says that less evidence of guilt means we have to find them guilty"! Obviously a complete misrepresentation of what was said by the jury, and it makes me wonder if some of those folks are debating in good faith, and not just spouting out things they themselves know to not be true.

Another argument I've heard is that all the people who think he's guilty are women who hate him for being a "bad husband". I wonder if when saying he is a "bad husband", they are including the fact that he physically abused the women in his life? Because to me, I find that very relevant considering the woman in his life was found basically "physically abused" to death. Another "coincidence" I suppose? Can someone actually say with a straight face that a man who is physically and verbally abusive to his significant other is not the most obvious suspect when that woman winds up beaten to death? Along with the ton of circumstantial evidence pointing right to him?

It would be interesting to see him in a year or so when he's lost the "normal guy" look he cultivates for chix and murder trials. Well not really; he's not interesting. The people he impacted are.

I know this has probably been discussed, but I just have to point out this email, and the horrible way that he speaks to his wife, although she was perfectly polite to him:

http://www.wral.com/asset/specialre...46191/Oct._5_2006_email_to_Michelle_Young.PDF

After reading that, we are supposed to believe that he sent his sister in law to the house because he was worried about Michelle finding about an anniversary present? The guy who screwed everything in sight, sent that email, woke up that day and called first his mistress and then his mother, not his wife that morning, but yet we are supposed to believe he planned on getting her that gift and was worried about ruining the surprise? OR is it more reasonable to believe he knew his wife was dead and wanted someone to go over there and find his daughter since she had been home alone for hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member