GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She did follow the law. State Law requires the remains be returned to the family *after* the autopsy.

If anyone is interested in reading the entire article, it is in johnfears post #436. Thank you, jf.

I concur. . . I too, took note of the some posts stating that an 'inventory list was not taken', although it was not introduced as evidence, no one here has any direct knowledge if it was in fact done or not. Posting information like this borders on irresponsible.

Not really.... Its no different when the G side people speculate also...

I concur. . . I too, took note of the some posts stating that an 'inventory list was not taken', although it was not introduced as evidence, no one here has any direct knowledge if it was in fact done or not. Posting information like this borders on irresponsible.

An inventory list would be part of the chain of custody. If it isn't available it is because it was never done.

JMO

May I ask why if this was testimony from the first trial the defense did not jump all over this change in testimony? Would this not be significant? As far as I know they did not so Im going with what was testified to in this trial.

Will the judge bring the jury back in to announce on the record that lunch is over and they are to go back to deliberate?

You are correct. MF did NOT wash the pjs. I think she may have washed the undershirt.

Yes, officer went with MF and her roommate to Target. She testified to this in THIS Trial. I do not recall what she testified to in the last trial but in this one, this is what she said. She washed the undershirt when she got home.

If need be, I will go back and listen to her testimony in the 1st trial too, to prove that it was never said that she washed those PJ's. If she had, the DT would have been on her like white on rice for changing testimony.

Cammy, that's kind of misleading. You cannot count his drive from Raleigh to Hillsville in the amount of miles having to be driven during the time of Midnight to 6:35 a.m. when the PT says he made it back to the HI. You have to count the drive starting at Hillsville back to Raleigh and then back to Hillsville. That's only 340 miles... very doable in 6 1/2 hours, even allowing him time to beat his wife. MOO

Not really, he still had to drive 170 miles to the hotel to get there.

Then, 170 back to Raleigh and 170 back to the hotel.

May I ask why if this was testimony from the first trial the defense did not jump all over this change in testimony? Would this not be significant? As far as I know they did not so Im going with what was testified to in this trial.

Defies logic doesn't it??

And for those confused about an INVENTORY LIST of items in JY's suitcase:

1. An inventory list of items seized from the vehicle and the suitcase was written on the search warrant returned by WCSO.

2. This paperwork (the search warrant) was not entered into evidence as part of the trial. I've never seen any search warrant entered into evidence in this or any trial I've followed.

3. JY's suitcase was opened up in front of the jury and each item found was held up and shown. The jury had ample opportunity to take notes and list each of the items as they were held up. The jury is responsible for taking notes.

4. It is not typical for 'lists' of items to be entered into evidence if those lists are not part of the state's case or the defense's case. Items are shown and discussed. The jury is free to make notes.

5. The jury can (and did) request to see the suitcase again during deliberations and look at the items that were found in the suitcase. Once again they can take notes of those items if they are so inclined.

In the Cooper trial the jury asked for a list of all witnesses. That request was denied because some witnesses were not called. They had to rely on their notes from evidence shown in court.

It's really a no win situation. Even if he's found guilty, MY's family is going to be devastated. Because even though they MAY get the verdict they want, the realization that it's a hollow victory hits full force as that verdict is read. They may have won the battle, but the suspect won the war. Michelle and Rylan are gone forever.

Heartbreaking moment, no matter what the verdict.

fran

I saw this in the BC case. While there's justice for the family and friends of the victim (in the case of a guilty verdict), there can never be closure. Their loved one remains dead. The reality of getting back to life...a life that no longer includes their murdered loved one must feel hollow and there is no longer any external distraction.

Relief, yes. Happiness, no. Closure, no. But hopefully justice.

I can't believe how much THIS case has captivated me. I have a nervous stomach awaiting this verdict. Hoping and praying that some measure of justice is delivered to the Fisher family and of course Michelle and Rylan.

These posts so perfectly state how I feel about most cases I follow. My heart breaks each and every case for the victim's family and friends. Their loved one is out of pain but their pain must last all their lives. The ache and just the missing of the their loved one. You hear so often a survivor talk about reaching to pick up the phone to call the one who is missing only to remember that they are gone. Just one of the small reminders that part of their heart is gone until they meet again. I am a person of faith and one of my questions one day for my Maker is why evil exists like what was done to Michelle, Laci, and all the others.

That's what I've always thought too grammy. With three girls, we had lots of pairs of pink & white jammies. And pink is my granddaughters favorite color, so all her jammies are pink. In fact I especially look for everything I purchase for her to be pink. Happens to be my favorite color too, we compare our pink toenail polish. :) First thing she did when she was here on Saturday was to pull off her shoes and socks to show me her pink toenails.

No she didn't testify to that. MF testified that she turned the pajama tops and bottoms over to LE in the Target women's room after purchasing new clothes to put on CY. She testifed that she left the childs undershirt on because it appeared to be clean, was under the pajama top, and they didn't see anyting on the undershirt. Because she couldn't go back into the house to obtain other garments for CY to wear, a member of LE accompanied her to Target to purchase new clothes for the child, and took possession of the pajamas in the Target store restroom, where MF put the newly purchased clothes on CY.

I think quite possible JY did put a similar pair of pjs on CY when he took the original ones off to take the diaper off. Thank you, gracielee, for pointing out the chain of custody on the pair that CY was wearing when MY was found.

Please dear God, let there be a verdict today and may JY never experience a moment of freedom again. It's the only justice that the Fishers and CY can receive but it does not come close to true justice.

if the jury is considering purchases of gas and related mileage, they have to consider the entire trip.

JMO

During midnight to 6:35 a.m. it is definitely not correct.

He drove from Raleigh to Hillsville, even stopping at Cracker Barrel and made it to Hillsville in a little over 3 hours. The drive to Hillsville from when he left Raleigh at 7:30 p.m. does NOT count in the number of miles he'd have to drive from Hillsville to Raleigh to murder Michelle, and then from Raleigh to Hillsville to try to solidify his alibi. I'd say MOO, but it's a fact.

Last time CY's pj's were not included for the jury to look at.

I found that strange and I see this as positive for Jason.

How do you see this as a positive, in what way?

During midnight to 6:35 a.m. it is definitely not correct.

He drove from Raleigh to Hillsville, even stopping at Cracker Barrel and made it to Hillsville in a little over 3 hours. The drive to Hillsville from when he left Raleigh at 7:30 p.m. does NOT count in the number of miles he'd have to drive from Hillsville to Raleigh to murder Michelle, and then from Raleigh to Hillsville to try to solidify his alibi. I'd say MOO, but it's a fact.

I disagree that # miles doesn't count in a trial that has gas purchases as such a critical component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper