GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, if wipes were used to clean up CY, or if it was a washcloth, they have all gone the way of the bloody clothes and shoes or we'd have heard about them in testimony. I'm one of those who doesn't believe she was taken from the house, CY that is. The medicine bottle and dropper were found in her bedroom, so I think that is where she was put down to sleep. JMO And yes, I think ( MOO ), CY could get in and out of her mothers bed. JMO, but my own children could and my grandchildren can. Sometimes they may have to climb to do it, but they are like little monkey's at that age.

hey Cammy. You are counting the original trip from Raleigh to Hillsville plus a roundtrip back to Raleigh and then back to Hillsville. Just the mileage back to Raleigh and then return to Hillsville is 340. MOO

Yes, I know that.
You have to take into consideration all the miles he would have to drive:
510 miles, then another
145 miles to Clintwood
183 miles to Brevard

Are there any courtroom updates?

In Sessions is over.

Was the sidewalk ever checked for blood?? Was the grass around that area checked for blood?

I don't know but in the crime scene photos on the back of the house where the hose faucet was the house was wet from the ground about 2(ish) ft up on the brick and the side walk as well. I found both sides of that corner of the house being wet ODD!

Yep, and not a trace of blood was found.

Which doesn't mean the hose wasn't used in the clean up. It simply means the physical evidence supporting the theory doesn't exist. It wouldn't be impossible to wash away blood evidence if enough water was used.

Yes, I know that.
You have to take into consideration all the miles he would have to drive:
510 miles, then another
145 miles to Clintwood
183 miles to Brevard

Yes, that is a lot of mileage to cover. I missed your earlier post. My power is out, I am at Panera eating nice lunch and back on line. Apparently someone hit a power pole. LOL

I saw that number before, and it would seem reasonable. So what is going on with the jury?

Is our WS member back in court? If so, can you check in? Love hearing from your perspective. TIA

No. Sorry. Duty called and I had to get back to work... I'll be able to go back down when the verdict comes out tomorrow...

;)

The way I see it, if wipes were used to clean up CY, or if it was a washcloth, they have all gone the way of the bloody clothes and shoes or we'd have heard about them in testimony. I'm one of those who doesn't believe she was taken from the house, CY that is. The medicine bottle and dropper were found in her bedroom, so I think that is where she was put down to sleep. JMO And yes, I think ( MOO ), CY could get in and out of her mothers bed. JMO, but my own children could and my grandchildren can. Sometimes they may have to climb to do it, but they are like little monkey's at that age.

I think the same way as you. I believe after JY cleaned her up he gave her the new fruit snacks (medicine) rocked her in the recliner, told her Mommy had boo boos and needed to rest, then told her a story of barnyard animals , and as she got drowsy, he put her in her bed, turned on the cd player, and left with the bag of stuff he needed to ditch. I think CY slept for about 8 hours then got up took her little shoes into her mommy's room and got in the bed. The blood would be dry by this point.

Beth Karas InSession 3:07pm
Jurors want to break at 4:45 pm if they do not reach a verdict today.

Have not been posting , but have been following this trial as best as possible,didn't see all of it but did see a good portion of it,definitely leaning to the guilty side,,I remember this case from when it happened in 2006,it got lots of media coverage then.Poor Michelle and Rylen,she took a terrible beating.Hoping for justice for them but after the CA case nothing would surprise me.

Judge just read note from the jury....they want to stop today at 4:45 if a unanimous verdict has not been reached by then.

Wow, just read that too from Twitter at WRAL

That is only another hour and a half.

Looks like they are stuck on something.

I am pretty certain that MF would not be able to know that. I go over my daughter's house several tims a week to help with kids etc. but I sure would never know if a blue wash cloth or purple towel was missing.

I'm not even sure I'd know in my own house. We have a few sets where I'd know if something was missing, but we also have nearly half a linen closet full of old mismatched towels of different shapes and sizes that I don't keep track of.

Was the sidewalk ever checked for blood?? Was the grass around that area checked for blood?

There was a conversation about this in this very forum. It did rain an impressive 2+ inches on 11/7, from which LE could have made an assumption that any trace of blood had been washed away.

However, there are techniques to recover blood after heavy rainfall and passage of time.

Then the argument was between protected and unprotected (in this case) soil.

In short, its likely that the rain would have made recovering blood very difficult (if it existed there).

Yep, and not a trace of blood was found.

Right and the hose was run. This reminds me of something. A few years ago the sump pump in our house was running non stop despite us not getting any abnormal rain fall. I called the county because I knew something was not right, I was thinking maybe there was a water main break or something affecting us. The county came out and took a water sample from our sump pump maintaining that chlorine would be found in the well if there was a leak. Anyway they took a sample and told us there was no chlorine found. Still not believing them I called a company that specializes in water testing. I was informed the ground/soil acts as a natural filter and the county wouldn't find any chlorine in our sump pump well because of what I stated above. Fast forward to a couple months later when outside of my house I noticed the sidewalk was wet(we had not had rain in a week) I called the county. They came out and dropped a tablet in the water on the sidewalk...low and behold the water turned RED which means chlorine was present. Indeed they had a water main leak in front of our house which was making my sump pump run NON STOP.

My point is I wonder what else the soil can filter out especially when a hose has been run or it rains. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper