*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecution can present rebuttal, then closing arguments, and jury instructions.

(sorry, should say prosecution can present rebuttal if the defense called any witnesses. At this point, I'm not sure they did call any witnesses. All I'm seeing tweeted right now is how fast the defense rested).

Oh wow! I thought the defense had witnesses to call? Do you think they feel confident enough that they just rested the case? (Sorry, I havent followed alot of trials)

It looks like the defense did call witnesses so I guess we'll wait and see what happens when they return from lunch.

ABC13News @ABC13News
The defense has rested in the Randy Taylor trial. They called 11 witnesses, mostly friends and relatives of Alexis Murphy.

Oh wow! I thought the defense had witnesses to call? Do you think they feel confident enough that they just rested the case? (Sorry, I havent followed alot of trials)

Right now about the only thing I'm confident about is that he will be convicted of kidnapping unless the prosecution saved some really huge bombshell in rebuttal.

It looks like the defense did call witnesses so I guess we'll wait and see what happens when they return from lunch.

ABC13News @ABC13News
The defense has rested in the Randy Taylor trial. They called 11 witnesses, mostly friends and relatives of Alexis Murphy.

well that was fast! I cant link but Parker's twitter says 'defense has rested! closing arguments to begin after lunch. Jury is expected to get the case today.'

Right now about the only thing I'm confident about is that he will be convicted of kidnapping unless the prosecution saved some really huge bombshell in rebuttal.

Unfortunatly. I agree. I'm so disappointed right now. I would love to be wrong but from what the media has said the prosecution hasn't given "beyond reasonable doubt" that he murdered Alexis. :(

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 8m
BREAKING: Defense has rested! Closing arguments to begin after lunch. Jury is expected to get the case today.

Unfortunatly. I agree. I'm so disappointed right now. I would love to be wrong but from what the media has said the prosecution hasn't given "beyond reasonable doubt" that he murdered Alexis. :(

Same here especially now seeing that there won't be a rebuttal, just closing arguments. Very disheartening to me.

I'm nervous about this... don't have a good feeling they get him on murder.

jrfaulconer twitter:
Woman who works in Cville parking garage said she saw Taylor and Murphy arrive in seperate cars but did not recall exact day.
Woman said day she saw the two was a Friday or Saturday. She said of Murphy 'she came out by herself' and three guys were with Taylor.

first we've heard about this!

jrfaulconer twitter:
Woman who works in Cville parking garage said she saw Taylor and Murphy arrive in seperate cars but did not recall exact day.
Woman said day she saw the two was a Friday or Saturday. She said of Murphy 'she came out by herself' and three guys were with Taylor.

first we've heard about this!

Where was this mentioned??? In the trial?

Hmm. that would be the and 4th/5th. Her phone was broken the 3rd.

Do that auto shops have camera's.? For some reason I think this is lie. Did she describe these men, or she cant recall of a sudden. why wasnt Le notified of this information.

yeah popsicle has been quoting this guy all week so I started following him on twitter too. Again, sorry I cant link but thats word for word.

Hmm. that would be the and 4th/5th. Her phone was broken the 3rd.

Do that auto shops have camera's.? For some reason I think this is lie. Did she describe these men, or she cant recall of a sudden. why wasnt Le notified of this information.

I think its a lie too and seems to have came out of nowhere.

yeah popsicle has been quoting this guy all week so I started following him on twitter too. Again, sorry I cant link but thats word for word.

That seems like a really random witness that the defense was holding onto in an effort to undermine the prosecution's timeline. But there was no evidence provided of this.. I know that parking garages have surveillance cameras. The woman was probably someone who submitted a tip to police that went nowhere.

Parker Slaybaugh @Parker8News
The evidence that the defense presented during the case was a witness who says she say Randy Taylor and Alexis... fb.me/1daXfa4LjParker Slaybaugh @Parker8News
The evidence that the defense presented during the case was a witness who says she say Randy Taylor and Alexis... fb.me/1daXfa4Lj

yes the commonwealth accused her of just wanting her 15 mins of fame. FBI investigated her claim and pulled security cameras from where she worked and never saw what she described.

per Parker's FB

The evidence that the defense presented during the case was a witness who says she say Randy Taylor and Alexis Murphy in Charlottesville some night when Alexis went missing. She couldn't remember the exact night. The commonwealth accused her of just wanting her 15 minutes of fame and says she never saw them that night. FBI investigated her claim and even pulled security cameras from where she worked and never saw what she described. Two other women testified about they were together at food lion the day Alexis went missing and they say they saw someone from a distance who could have matched Alexis's description. Friends of Alexis were called and many testified she was different on social media then she was in person. One girl said she knew Alexis smoked pot. A guy who said he was Alexis's boyfriend says they met on twitter and they had never met in person. Another person testified he had expected Alexis to come to a party the night she went missing but says she never showed up.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/435748719903489

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member