GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pros. team has been very careful to not say what the sequence was beyond the witnesses/calls/videos. I keep asking myself-- Do they not know where she was kidnapped? or Do they know and think it weakens the case? or Do they see the whole event from the pay phone call to the last sighting of the vehicle near the home (via video) rather than what I think of kidnapping as being (where HE was and the what happened) as secondary or unnecessary? If we look at this as one continual event, then it is just contact and disappearance which makes the case easier to prove. The more details except for contact details muddies the water b/c jurors will want more "solid" not circumstantial evidence. I think the pros is doing this right-- Sidney and Tammy have motive, Sidney calls, they connect, she is gone not matter what the sequence or where the physical kidnapping occurred. If they were doing a murder trial, the sequence would matter especially since they have no body.

ETA: Grant it this case was seen as a missing person's case at the outset so time and evidence security were not on their side.

BBM - I totally agree it has to be looked at as a continual event. If you think about it, we tend to frown on the defense throwing out scenarios and seeming to point fingers elsewhere. I really can't imagine the prosecutors proposing what could have happened at LB's and she may not have been driving her car or operating her phone. They really have nothing but the circumstantial evidence that they have to tie together with the digital evidence. That evidence ended at PTL. Other scenarios are quite possible. I do think, however, they have to play it just the way they have been and agree they are doing it right.

BBM - I totally agree it has to be looked at as a continual event. If you think about it, we tend to frown on the defense throwing out scenarios and seeming to point fingers elsewhere. I really can't imagine the prosecutors proposing what could have happened at LB's and she may not have been driving her car or operating her phone. They really have nothing but the circumstantial evidence that they have to tie together with the digital evidence. That evidence ended at PTL. Other scenarios are quite possible. I do think, however, they have to play it just the way they have been and agree they are doing it right.

Just sign, seal and deliver it! Everything points to the M's.

Just sign, seal and deliver it! Everything points to the M's.

Yes. If prosecution gets into the weeds re: LB or PTL they will possibly confuse the jury (aren't we confused?). Whatever happened to Heather was done by the M's. It is clear they lured her out and she has never been seen again. They don't have to prove the murder, just the kidnapping.

Yes. If prosecution gets into the weeds re: LB or PTL they will possibly confuse the jury (aren't we confused?). Whatever happened to Heather was done by the M's. It is clear they lured her out and she has never been seen again. They don't have to prove the murder, just the kidnapping.

Yes, I think the prosecution has to lead the jury by just taking them along the points they have evidence of. Certainly, the biggest factor that sticks out for me has always been that payphone call. Therefore, since there is no doubt it was SM making that call he is clearly implicated. Even though TM is thought of as being the driving force, there is no getting around the fact he made that call. There is no doubt he lied about making that call. There's no doubt he drove his truck from Walmart to make that call. With the video evidence it leaves little doubt that it was that truck going to and coming from PTL that night. I really can't see that they don't get a conviction here if they got one in TM's trial. The evidence against SM is stronger in this case.

Last edited:
Yes, I think the prosecution has to lead the jury by just taking them along the points they have evidence of. Certainly, the biggest factor that sticks out for me has always been that payphone call. Therefore, since there is no doubt it was SM making that call he is clearly implicated. Even though TM is thought of as being the driving force, there is no getting around the fact he made that call. There is no doubt he lied about making that call. There's no doubt he drove his truck from Walmart to make that call. With the video evidence it leave little doubt that it was that truck going to and coming from PTL that night. I really can't see that they don't get a conviction here if they got one in TM's trial. The evidence against SM is stronger in this case.

I would be absolutely shocked if they don't get a conviction. I've even seen social media comments, after yesterday's bombshell video, that say things like "I can't believe I ever defended them!" or "I can't believe I ever thought they were innocent!" That video left NO doubt.

There is video of SM, TM, Ashley, and Ashley's boyfriend spending hours cleaning the truck with a power washer and rags/towels, and then burning the towels. This video was obtained from their new surveillance system (after they trashed the old one) and the cleaning occurred on 12/22, although they tried to alter the date to 12/23 for some reason.

HOLY COW!!! I have a lot to catch up on!

Thank you!!

Evening friends! So I'm spending my weekend catching up on posts and gossip here as well as watching the Law and Crime Network playlist on YouTube while I do school work. It's bizarre but I seem to do my best work during these trials. I wrote a killer grant at work during his first one. I crushed doing the work of 3 people at once during hers...

Mostly I wanted to come say that the defense attorney who gave the opening statement must not be familiar with the evidence. Because he keeps saying what the state won't show and can't be said and won't be proven when I know it's evidence and it was allowed in Tammy's case and will basically show him to be a liar.

I wish I was on the jury. But I couldn't be. I had jury duty in February so I can't serve again for a year or two I think it is. Also, I'd have had to recuse myself I think because I've been too vocal about the case and even though I do think I could be impartial about SM (but not TM) I would never want to jeopardize the ruling by being so bold.

I wish I was on the jury. But I couldn't be. I had jury duty in February so I can't serve again for a year or two I think it is. Also, I'd have had to recuse myself I think because I've been too vocal about the case and even though I do think I could be impartial about SM (but not TM) I would never want to jeopardize the ruling by being so bold.
I always think I want to be on the jury too, but then I think about all this stuff swirling around in my head. I just know I'd end up thinking something was said in the trial that was actually sent to me as a pm on Websleuths and bring it up during deliberation. I'm a mistrial waiting to happen. :D

I always think I want to be on the jury too, but then I think about all this stuff swirling around in my head. I just know I'd end up thinking something was said in the trial that was actually sent to me as a pm on Websleuths and bring it up during deliberation. I'm a mistrial waiting to happen. :D

Me too! I can't even remember what I read on FB vs WS.

Are you able to see the video they are reviewing? Is it everyone cleaning the truck? I want to jump on so badly but I am waiting for my afternoon call :(
Does anyone think they may have run her over? That just entered my mind. I don't know if there would be any truck damage? I'm thinking if it were at PTL or somewhere where they didn't pick up a lot of speed...HE seemed to be short/petite...a big high truck with bumpers..Maybe there wouldn't be truck damage? I hate to sound so gruesome, but it's a thought. Ugh. I hate to think about any of the possibilities and this poor girl who had no clue what was about to happen to her.
i hit a chicken in my 240SX Nissan and had $2000 damage on my front bumper. No I don’t think a human could be hit and no damage...

There is video of SM, TM, Ashley, and Ashley's boyfriend spending hours cleaning the truck with a power washer and rags/towels, and then burning the towels. This video was obtained from their new surveillance system (after they trashed the old one) and the cleaning occurred on 12/22, although they tried to alter the date to 12/23 for some reason.

Wow. Its just like them to drag others into it. Sheeesh

Carefully trying to convey within TOS, but it's interesting a certain FB profile, named after a popular official board game, is no longer active. If said page was ran by supporters of the M's, wouldn't they still be spewing their views? Unless, perhaps, the true face behind the page is currently incarcerated... (feel free to flag if inappropriate)
JMO, MOO, etc

Carefully trying to convey within TOS, but it's interesting a certain FB profile, named after a popular official board game, is no longer active. If said page was ran by supporters of the M's, wouldn't they still be spewing their views? Unless, perhaps, the true face behind the page is currently incarcerated... (feel free to flag if inappropriate)
JMO, MOO, etc

Yes, the great OZ is doing 30 and playing monopoly possibly.

I agree, but we haven't heard anything about Ashley's bf being questioned. I guess that could fall under the "saving for a murder trial category". But if they brought forward the video in Sid's trial and not Tammy's, what does it mean? Is there a strategy behind it? Could it open the door to some sort of cross if he takes the stand?
DBM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members