GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Tammy could be eligible for parole after 26 years?

Kidnapping is a Class A felony (30 year max in SC) and a no parole offense. Convicted person has to serve 80% to be eligible for work release (not parole). Statutes are below.

SECTION 24-13-100. Definition of no parole offense; classification.

For purposes of definition under South Carolina law, a "no parole offense" means a class A, B, or C felony or an offense exempt from classification as enumerated in Section 16-1-10(d), which is punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment for twenty years or more.

SECTION 24-13-125. Eligibility for work release; limitations; forfeiture of credits.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, except in a case in which the death penalty or a term of life imprisonment is imposed, or as provided in this subsection, an inmate convicted of a "no parole offense", as defined in Section 24-13-100, and sentenced to the custody of the Department of Corrections, including an inmate serving time in a local facility pursuant to a designated facility agreement authorized by Section 24-3-20 or Section 24-3-30, is not eligible for work release until the inmate has served not less than eighty percent of the actual term of imprisonment imposed. This percentage must be calculated without the application of earned work credits, education credits, or good conduct credits, and is to be applied to the actual term of imprisonment imposed, not including any portion of the sentence which has been suspended. A person is eligible for work release if the person is sentenced for voluntary manslaughter (Section 16-3-50), kidnapping (Section 16-3-910)

From:Code of Laws - Title 24 - Chapter 13 - Prisoners Generally

Wow Can I finally get on and comment? Gosh this site has been so frustrating!
Idk that I believe he doesn’t know where she is. That wouldn’t make any sense with him showing DD the photo. I think he and others know everything or at least the vicinity of where she is. Moo

I have wondered at times if the reason SM's parents attended the trial this time was to help SM get a more lenient sentence if found guilty considering their well known past friendship with the judge. I can't help but feel that if not for that friendship he would have not left it up to the DOC to handle his OOJ sentence.

I felt it was very unprofessional of the judge to mention his friendship and his fond feelings of SM's family during the sentencing. Then he wished SM all the best or something along those lines. That didn't sit well with me.

Last edited:
I think the judge is leaving it to the Department of Corrections for a couple of possible reasons.

1. No wanting to appear to be impartial.
2. Corrections would be less likely to lessen this sentence given the formula they use.
3. He is giving Sidney the opportunity to cooperate (and time to think) and maybe have corrections cut him a break.

I caught that, and didn’t feel like it was very impartial. No disrespect, but so what you knew his parents? He was found guilty. I also felt like he was blaming TM. No matter who wore the pants they both did the deed equally. SM is a disgusting human being to not protect Heather from his wife. He was culpable and so much older than her. Like NL said he had every opportunity to stop it and he did not.

Hugs to Heathers mom, dad and sister. Will be thinking of them tonight and praying for answers.

When SM made his sniveling statement to the Elvis family about how much he wished he could help them but he couldn't.... Judge Dennis said that he believed him.
Shortly after that, Judge Dennis said that he believes the Mrs. was the driving force here (or something along those lines).

What are your thoughts on that? Does SM know where she is, or was that all TM?
I could see this either way. I could see her knowing and not letting him know, so she could keep him from telling, or keep him from “visiting” her, or dangle it over him that she could always tell someone and he’d be toast.

Then again I can see her knowing and making him go there to appease her sick desires to “prove” how she won over Heather.

Either way, whatever the truth is, it is whatever serves Tammy’s insane control freak nature.

I wish Sydney had never met Heather.

I’m really happy to see some justice finally...for a while I wondered if it would ever really happen.

I considered SM not knowing what exactly happened to Heather or where she ended up but then I remember Donald's very believeable testimony and go back to the belief that he definitely knows something that would be helpful in locating her.

I don't even know if I found Donald's testimony credible, but I do not believe for a minute that SM doesn't know where Heather is. TM is obviously the more horrible person of the two. However, if you believe the evidence, to me, in reality it weighed more heavily toward SM. He was out that night in that truck for sure, per the Walmart video and the payphone video. No matter who did the deed I have to say there is no way he doesn't know where Heather is.

Did anyone catch that last part from the judge. About knowing his parents and more or less he knew they didn't raise him that way. Then ended it by saying more or less this is why he (judge) is doing this.

I saw and heard him confirm what we already suspected that he knew the family from prior times. That would explain him shaking hands with SM at his earlier trial and some of his sterness with the Prosecution during the earlier trial.

With that said, I am grateful he has come around to see things for what they are. I think he now knows what really happened in this case, like the rest of us have known all along. He is obviously a very smart judge and Im happy that he handled this latest trial in a normal respectable manner.

Cheers for the Teal colored tie :)

Regarding what Donald saw on the phone: had he ever described what he saw to any law enforcement? Maybe a clue as to where Heather may be, but what happened to her? Or is it because there is no hard evidence, it can't be investigated on? I wonder how much Nancy knows about the picture he saw ...

Has she already committed perjury?

Snipped for focus.

I don't know the official definition of perjury, but I believe she's committed it multiple times (some I'm sure we do not even know about).

One glaring one that just happened in this trial is that she testified under oath that they got the new security system BECAUSE of all of the harassment and threats.....people coming onto their property.....she said they made many calls to 911 to report this. Someone testified today that NO calls were made to 911 by them in the entire year (2013). She outright lied. Under oath. I think that is perjury.

Maybe we can hope for Ashley to make a deal and give up the location of Heather's body. She surely is the next one to be arrested for her blatant perjury, OOJ, and accessory after the fact.
I would love to see Ashley charged with ANYTHING!! But I have my doubts that will happen unless there is a confession and murder charges are filed.

That's right, I firmly believe she aided and abetted in Heather's kidnapping & murder. With every fiber of my being ...

I don't even know if I found Donald's testimony credible, but I do not believe for a minute that SM doesn't know where Heather is. TM is obviously the more horrible person of the two. However, if you believe the evidence, to me, in reality it weighed more heavily toward SM. He was out that night in that truck for sure, per the Walmart video and the payphone video. No matter who did the deed I have to say there is no way he doesn't know where Heather is.
I agree, even with TM as the ringleader and driving force, it wouldn't have happened that night if not for SM luring Heather out. He must have been pretty convincing on that call for Heather to be so hysterical when she called Bri.

I don't care how much he was suffering at the hands of TM after the affair was discovered, he made a series of choices which led to one outcome for Heather. He had ample opportunities to do the right thing. He is as evil as she is and he knows. He knows.

Last edited:
When SM made his sniveling statement to the Elvis family about how much he wished he could help them but he couldn't.... Judge Dennis said that he believed him.
Shortly after that, Judge Dennis said that he believes the Mrs. was the driving force here (or something along those lines).

What are your thoughts on that? Does SM know where she is, or was that all TM?
I caught that too and was a little confused in that he a day or so ago said how the truck washing and rag burning all but proved guilt. But he did sentence concurrently, so I guess that shows his true opinion, along with the comment about tammy.

But of course the sniveling coward knows where Heather is. Remember, he showed Donald a photo of Heather after they killed her. Tammy likely reminded him daily for the last six years what a FU he was and how it was his fault they had to kill her.

I'm happy and relieved with the verdict, but sad and heartbroken for the Elvis family. Is it really justice served when the one thing they wanted to know wasn't revealed?

I agree completely on all points. It's what I've always believed from the beginning.

I've had a DIL for over 20 years who is exactly like TM.
I had one for seven years, thankfully not anymore.

I guess I hadn't really given much thought to tammy withholding the body disposal location. I've always thought the deceased family member played a role. I remember the searchers he threatened when they got too close to his property. I thought wow this guy's reaction to the searchers is a little over the top. IMO, over the top reactions can be an indicator of guilt or something to hide. With him it was both and drove him to the grave, MOO.

I think the wording was very carefully chosen regarding the pic that was shown to Donald. They never used the word 'dead'. My mind thinks she was either gagged and bound, and possibly IN the tool thing on the truck. Would she ever be seen again? Of course not, because then she could ID TM and SM and boom. I think the shot was taken before she was disposed of in whatever manner by a family member.

Regarding what Donald saw on the phone: had he ever described what he saw to any law enforcement? Maybe a clue as to where Heather may be, but what happened to her? Or is it because there is no hard evidence, it can't be investigated on? I wonder how much Nancy knows about the picture he saw ...

Sigh. I want so badly to share in this moment with all of you, but the site is being so frustrating! I keep trying to like and comment and stuff, but it's taking forever, if it takes at all. Just know that I'm here, having a celebratory glass of wine with y'all, and toasting to the beautiful Moonchild and the lovely Elvis family.
Cheers~
Of all the days for the site to malfunction :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members