GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get a witness to speculate on scenarios of "why" someone would do something doesn't really offer evidence since the "why" can only be known for sure by the person doing the behavior. Obviously if Heather was calling the payphone back it's because she had more to say and didn't realize it was a payphone. Duh! How does that help the defendant?

it's awful!! It's like yesterday, they just ramble and dig themselves deeper .. it's stupid really
Yes, it's annoying!!! I'm like...
th

Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV 3m3 minutes ago
Defense arguing that according to phone records Heather Elvis'dad requested her phone records in July of 2013, and when he did, the T-Mobile employee spoke with said "I hope your daughter is safe and sound."
Defense arguing Heather had gone missing before. @WBTWNews13

Nick Papantonis WPDE‏Verified account @NickPapantonis 41s41 seconds ago
The defense is pointing to a potential hole in the phone records: a note saying, "I hope you find your daughter safe and sound," was jotted down in July 2013. Elvis went missing in December of that year.

I honestly don't think that will sit with the jury - about Mr. Elvis requesting phone records from July, but did he also request them for December when she really did go missing? Her social media sure was still active in July 2013 - indicating she wasn't exactly "missing"

THIS right here is one reason of many I prefer watching a day's testimony after the fact when it's posted on Youtube. Then I can fast forward through things I don't want to watch. I FF thru defense cross exam a lot (not only in this trial).

Defense is sketchy, IMO. They had an opportunity to question the T-Mobile guy about the date that note was entered (and in fact, it was my understanding that it was entered in December). I think they deliberately are trying to confuse the jury just because the way the records are printed makes it look like the note was entered in July. Talk about trying to push a square peg through a round hole (wonder if he returned the wooden blocks from his opening statement to the pre-schooler he borrowed from).

Nancy is doing a great job here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member