GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this witness just contradicted a State's witness with respect to the TV that was on the wall. She said that was just a regular TV. There was a separate screen on an armoire that was used as a 'nanny cam'. Said they wanted to keep an eye on children playing inside and outside of house.

BLAH so much leading by defense and so much "hearsay" by witness b/c she has no proof of when the pictures were taken. I can only hope the jury feels the same way. IMHO

ETA: So they are saying this system was in place, where did it go?

State objected to the second photograph of what’s being called Tammy and Sidney’s bedroom. Two photos have been entered into evidence, once over the states objection. Her sister is now continuing to testify to the house and the items inside it, the bedroom, the setup of such, and her sister is alleging that the bed is not conducive to handcuffs (I didn’t catch why, something about posts maybe? Or lack thereof).

Now she’s discussing what she’s called “basically a nannycam” so she could watch the kids (Tm). It’s a two story house, 5 rooms upstairs, with 3 bedrooms, a bath and a living room/play area.

The house was remodeled prior to 12/2013 and st the time, the layout was changed - for Caison to have a bedroom, (he’s now 13), they remodeled when he was about 2 or 3 to remodel to put a bedroom up there. So approx 10 years ago remodel was done.

(Typing as I listen for those who can’t listen)

I have to say, I am not happy that the judge is admitting the Defense's photos over the State's objections. Nancy simply wants the witness to state the time frame that the photos were representative of how the Moorer's house looked.

I feel like the roles were reversed with State witnesses and he sided with the Defense.

The nannycam was pointed at kids play area, when kids were young. This area was upstairs and the monitor feed for this was downstairs.

Sister said it stopped working after a few days/month.

Sister says there was no other recording device.

Defense offers exhibit which is of Tammy’s bedroom. Objection from
State as it’s not dated. Submitted over states objection.

D: does that show the hokes in the Wall where the monitor was taken down? Have you actually seen those holes? As of yesterday are they still there? When it was taken down the holes were never covered over?

Answer: yes

D: did that happen prior to 12/2013? Did you estimate it happened roughly 5 years earlier ?

She replies that it hadn’t even worked after a couple of months of working. She’s describing the holes on the wall and where they are

I found the questioning about the headboard being a solid piece of wood ridiculous , unless it is a platform bed doesn't a sleigh bed frame have legs and metal frame rails that a chain could be wrapped around and someone handcuffed to the chain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member