GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NancyL did a fabulous job! Clear, to the point, hit all the major themes, explained what this case is about, showed exactly how and why the charges were proved beyond a reasonable doubt. A+
Thank you! That's a relief, coming from you, while I'm trying to get caught up. So, on a scale of 1 to Juan Martinez, I'm guessing she was considerably higher than a Greg McCollum?

Today has made me feel yuck. So much of a roller coaster day, I am going to sign off for a while and go watch Harry Potter or something. Something happy where the good wins, although I think Nancy's closing was magic enough.

Last edited:
Thank you! That's a relief, coming from you, while I'm trying to get caught up. So, on a scale of 1 to Juan Martinez, I'm guessing she was considerably higher than a Greg McCollum?

hahaha! good one. I actually think her closing arguments were better than J.M's. Yes, really. His closing wasn't quite as good as I expected it to be. It was good, but not standing ovation level of good. NL's was practically standing O level (IMO).

I am worried, the Jurors will not have a guilty verdict.
I believe TM introduced many points, perhaps all lies, that may cause some in the jury, to believe her.
TM acted as if all were against her, and I hope, this doesn't sway folk.:(:(:(
I only hope, the State's closing, may summarise controversial points most effectively, to clear matters for the jury.

I am heartbroken because I just don't see that they have made the case. It should not take the closing arguments to pull it all together. It should be intuitively obvious during the presentation of evidence for the jury to follow along. And it just wasn't there for me. What I know is different than what was presented and I guess that is the difference.

HERE is a picture of a Walmart Equate brand preg test box. This isn't the only preg test Walmart carries and I'm not sure exactly which one SM purchased 5 yrs ago or if that particular test is even still made or if it changed since, but if you use the magnifying glass you can see there's a bar code on the bottom.

That bar code identifies the product (manufacturer, product ID and other things coded), but is every single box of this particular test *different* with a different and *unique* bar code? It would be unlikely and a very costly thing to do in manufacturing. Now, does the test strip itself have a unique serial code? I don't know. Walmart wouldn't be capturing anything on the contents therein since that's inside the box and cannot be scanned.

Close-up of bar code on outside of Preg Test box Walmart Brand
Screen-Shot-2018-10-22-at-1-53-11-PM.jpg

I missed a couple of days. What day was it brought into evidence that the pregnancy test UPC was the same as the one in the garbage can? I heard the prosecution testify, or at least ask a question and said that, but I don't remember when it came into evidence that it was verified it was the same UPC symbol.

hahaha! good one. I actually think her closing arguments were better than J.M's. Yes, really. His closing wasn't quite as good as I expected it to be. It was good, but not standing ovation level of good. NL's was practically standing O level (IMO).
Good deal. I'm glad to hear it. I just finished listening to her final words, and I'm listening to the Judge charge the jury now. :)

I think NL crushed the after closing too. If I didn't know anything about this trial, I would vote guilty if I were on the jury.

IMO
I'm glad she touched on the term "firmly convinced." So many people watch tv shows and think it has to be "beyond a shadow of a doubt." I'm glad she talked about the antenna thing-a-ma-bob not being on the truck at Wal-Mart that night, too. I'm a big fan of Ms. Nancy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member