***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2:01pm Summary: After 21 days in the Brisbane Supreme Court, Gerard Baden-Clay has been found guilty of murdering his wife Allison.

He has been sentenced to life in prison.

Justice John Byrne said: "This court denounces your lethal violence.''

The court heard victim impact statements from Allison's mother Priscilla Dickie, father Geoff Dickie, sister Vanessa Fowler and brother Ashley.

Gerard Baden-Clay's family will not make a statement to the media, according to defence lawyer Peter Shields.

1:52pm: Defence lawyer Peter Shields said Gerard Baden-Clay's family was distraught.

But he would not comment on whether he would appeal the conviction.

Baden-Clay's family would not make a public statement and appealed for privacy.

1:44pm: One of Gerard Baden-Clay's legal team has spoken to the media outside the Brisbane Supreme Court where his client has been convicted of murder.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...the-verdict-20140715-3by69.html#ixzz37VXqEq3m

A BIG THANK YOU to Websleuths, Marly, those doing the Twitter reports, Alioop, Dr Watson and all the posters. You are all such a wonderful bunch of people x

... and Trooper, who gave us confidence that justice would be served when at time we feared the slimy worm would get away with it.

Gerard Baden-Clay’s long-term mistress has spoken to 60 Minutes in an exclusive interview, revealing that she "loved him unconditionally" and wanted to marry him.

In the emotional interview to air in full this Sunday, Toni McHugh told 60 Minutes Tara Brown about her affair with the accused wife-killer.

"I loved him very much," she said.

"He had told me that he would marry me."

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...-him-very-much-60-minutes#25hOMOI1IvjZ11Yg.99

I don't understand why this person would never have come forward to police about this before now. Would it not have been useful to the prosecution?

We don't know that she didn't come forward to police. Could have just been hearsay and wouldn't help convict him of murder if someone else did it.

I live about 5min drive from the prisons...wonder will we hear choppers overhead tonight?

I have to say that I've really enjoyed getting to know all of you! I was assigned to this case early on because the other mods were tied up in the Trayvon Martin case. I didn't know what you guys were talking about for the longest time! :waitasec: Then we added Marlywings - our first international moderator. She's been such a joy and even has spelling things differently, like "practise" and "colour". :floorlaugh:

Some of you may remember that I love Australia because my nieces are half-Aussie and live in Sydney with their wonderful mum. To know more about the culture, the slang, and the weather - just to be in touch with people on the other side of the planet - is such a blessing.

Allison, thank you for allowing all of us to make new friends in your name. Rest in peace, gracious lady. We'll see you in heaven someday. :rose:

Listening to all the media reports, I can't help thinking "You have been reading WS again, haven't you?" Not much got by us. Well done troops!

Perhaps they already did but couldn't include it in the prosecution for some reason or other?

Yep, I guess thats my thought too, but hard to understand why.
because it is only hearsay

True squizzy, but if this person was called to testify, why would it be any different to any of the other witnesses that testified to what GBC may have said or done (like Toni MCH).. no matter, the result was as we'd all hoped with or without this evidence.

A Current Affair tonight, unseen videos of TM and GBC....

The Baden-Clay TrailThe Mistress... The Cheating husband. Never before seen videos of lovers Gerard Bayden Clay and Toni McHugh... inside the office where the affair began. A special edition of A Current Affair tonight.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/

We don't know that she didn't come forward to police. Could have just been hearsay and wouldn't help convict him of murder if someone else did it.

yes, I agree. I was just venting as I find it incredulous that someone would come forward with something like that now and not take it to police. But as you say, we don't know they didn't, am just surprised nothing had been said about it previously. But my thought also, that maybe it actually wouldn't help the prosecution case in terms of finding him guilty of actually committing the murder, as it could have been found or suggested that someone else actually committed the crime- even though he instigated the plan..

Gerard%20Baden-Clay%20guilty%20of%20murder-360x237.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/

Well I just spoke to my friend who was a witness at the trial and she is delighted he was found guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme