***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel it is slightly surreal to hear Gerard finally be slammed repeatedly in the media? Finally what we have felt and discussed here is being discussed openly!

I like hearing him referred to as killer and murderer. They said they were going to play the entire little bit hurt video coming up on channel 9. I can get channel 9 tonight, but not 7, 10 or SBS. Don't you love digital TV?

What about trying to downgrade the charges halfway through to trial???

Do you know him? A lot of people thought they did. I have to disagree with you because I think, from what has been presented at trial, that it is EXACTLY how his mind works.

I think from what I've read the best quote was something along the lines of he's lost all sense of right and wrong. I think that is right. He had. And this is the tragic consequence.

What about trying to downgrade the charges halfway through to trial???

To me that says the defence were trying hard to do the best for their client who was obviously a ticking time bomb.

Karl Stefanovic is at Kholo creek, anyone want to go give him a wet willy or something? Or are they in the studio with a green screen and just pretending?

I gather the idea of "medicating" him would be to calm and sedate him. IMO he does not deserve to be medicated. He should be fully conscious and feel every nuance of agony he has coming his way! To quote Mr Pinhead, "your suffering will be legendary, even in hell..."

Who is Mr Pinhead?

Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...he became who he is for a reason...his parents should be ashamed of themselves...

I gather the idea of "medicating" him would be to calm and sedate him. IMO he does not deserve to be medicated. He should be fully conscious and feel every nuance of agony he has coming his way! To quote Mr Pinhead, "your suffering will be legendary, even in hell..."

From memory he was medicated when he went into remand? All newbies have the option I think and they are on suicide watch? Allioop, can you help with this?

I like hearing him referred to as killer and murderer. They said they were going to play the entire little bit hurt video coming up on channel 9. I can get channel 9 tonight, but not 7, 10 or SBS. Don't you love digital TV?

And "convicted wife murderer". Enjoy your time in the "big boys house" GerRed. You make me feel sick, especially after hearing you and your supporters/family degrading your wife Allison in court, when she was not able to defend herself. Your wife! The woman you married! The mother of your children! The woman you murdered! How dare you! You are a complete disgrace to mankind.

I've a question for any legal beagles out there. In several newscasts that I've watched this evening, they've given details of what the defence team offered the judge before GBC took the stand. If I heard it correctly, the defence basically said that GBC did kill Allison, but it was an accident resulting from a domestic dispute - ie - it was manslaughter!!!! That being the case, they knew that GBC killed Allison, and presumably they had GBC's consent to make such an offer - ie he confessed to killing Allison???? Then, GBC took that stand and continued with the same old BS to support the suicide argument. This doesn't seem to make sense to me. All comments welcome.

I didn't see it as a confession, rather GBC's barrister saying all the evidence shows is that even though there were scratches on the face of the accused, all the evidence did was shed some light on the “nature of the relations in the house that night”. The judge wasn't having a bar of it, saying that what the jury should be entitled to infer is that if these be her fingernail scratches, and she was engaged in a physical altercation with him, she does not survive."
“Why is it not in all the circumstances open to the jury to infer that she did not survive it because he proceeded intentionally to kill her?”

What happens to Allison's insurance now?.

If he appeals which he surely will, it depends on the basis of the appeal as to whether it will continue to be held by the court until the appeal is resolved. But the basic principal is that under the terms of Allison's will, it passes to her children as he cannot benefit from her death as he unlawfully caused it. Mr Dickie will also be able to be appointed full administrator of her estate in lieu of his current interim appointment pending the outcome of the trial. So appeal stuff aside, all that nearly 1M will be held on trust by Mr Dickie until they each turn 18. It will be able to be used for their maintenance education and support until they turn 18. It is not available to any creditors even Allison's, as life insurance cannot be used to pay debts of a deceased person. It's considered a special category estate asset.

Because our collective sense of decency was hurt just a little bit.

Exactly Poss. Thanks for that.

Can I just say...YES YEs yes !!! I was nervous waiting for the verdict..so happy!!!

I think the family suffers from some sort of group delusion where they were all convinced he'd get away with it.

I am sure his lawyers didn't suffer from the same delusion and expressed that very clearly to them.

Seriously ch9 are giving us so little! Same footage over and over, the could've at least just had a look on here and found more info!

I hear you, I don't get any 7 channels, ever!

Just saw the little bit hurt interview, the reporters made reference to Gerard's bad acting (among other things).

From memory he was medicated when he went into remand? All newbies have the option I think and they are on suicide watch? Allioop, can you help with this?

I'm sorry I only know what we have heard today in the media about being on suicide watch. I dont know what goes on in jails and frankly I don't care to know.

I watched a current affair on channel 9 at 7 pm and they gave a preview of an obviously hidden camera conversation with TM. I got the feeling they may have been pretending to want to buy a property as it looked like a sit across the table from her with paperwork. Then they asked her how she was doing and she said she was trying to hold her head up. This could have been anytime in the last year or more. Typical ACA stuff.

Allison was well represented, which is as it should be. On a personal note, thank you to all of you who followed this case from the first moment to the conclusion of the trial-I learned almost everything I know about the case from all of you. :grouphug:

I am sure his lawyers didn't suffer from the same delusion and expressed that very clearly to them.

As the saying goes though Alioop, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Just saw on tv that Gerard is in his "small cell with a bed and a toilet but no tv". What a shame, he won't be able to watch his own notoriety grow.

I watched a current affair on channel 9 at 7 pm and they gave a preview of an obviously hidden camera conversation with TM. I got the feeling they may have been pretending to want to buy a property as it looked like a sit across the table from her with paperwork. Then they asked her how she was doing and she said she was trying to hold her head up. This could have been anytime in the last year or more. Typical ACA stuff.

I saw that and it really puzzled me. What you've said makes perfect sense, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892