Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One step forward yes.

Interesting (=naive) how DV can be viewed via ‘love interest’ only, the boyfriend loophole

The florida shooter was a DV perp...against his mother etc

We need to close all DV loopholes, and then provide resources to enforce it.

100% agree, arizona sunshine.

there all bullets guns blood injury and death yes?

I think it makes a difference if it's the bad guy being shot in self defense.

Thank you for providing the link. It's interactive and informative.

You need to keep in mind some of those shooting deaths are perps being shot by victims. If you click on 'charts and maps' you can see the breakdown.

Key word being “some.” [emoji106]

I do support reform, but believe it will not be effective without a change in the handling and enforcing practices of DV and other violent behaviors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in Fl even if there is no arrest a reprot must be made on DV

I think a lot of the problem was the ages involved.

Can you provide a link to crime statistics where you live? I really am interested in seeing that. Thanks.

I don’t think there are crime statistics where I live. There was a man who died ,we feel ,from a beating last July. But since he went home and died four days later, LE said it could not be proved it was the beating. My neighbor had some money stolen and everyone knows it was a teen in the neighborhoid but no proof.

Someone had the dinghy cut off of their sailboat last week, I have not heard who did it. There are some missing dogs. I dropped my credit card at the grocery store. I had no idea until they called me the next day to go get it.

There is plenty of child sex abuse and DV ,but I never know about that until I read it in the paper. They do not name names. A few years ago a 60 year old guy chopped up his 20 year old wife for cheating, He never repented. His kids told him all along he was an old fool.

A few Americans in the last few months have been busted for bringing ice here. Meth is called ice here.

There was a catamaran that was coming here in July. The LE planes flying overhead could see it was too low in the water. When it arrived in port, it was discovered that the pontoons were filled with meth.

One drug dealer who is half American was told if he was caught dealing, the lical tough guy would beat him.

He was just arrested in California. We are waiting for a report. .

I don’t think there are crime statistics where I live. There was a man who died ,we feel ,from a beating last July. But since he went home and died four days later, LE said it could not be proved it was the beating. My neighbor had some money stolen and everyone knows it was a teen in the neighborhoid but no proof.

Someone had the dinghy cut off of their sailboat last week, I have not heard who did it. There are some missing dogs. I dropped my credit card at the grocery store. I had no idea until they called me the next day to go get it.

There is plenty of child sex abuse and DV ,but I never know about that until I read it in the paper. They do not name names. A few years ago a 60 year old guy chopped up his 20 year old wife for cheating, He never repented. His kids told him all along he was an old fool.

A few Americans in the last few months have been busted for bringing ice here. Meth is called ice here.

There was a catamaran that was coming here in July. The LE planes flying overhead could see it was too low in the water. When it arrived in port, it was discovered that the pontoons were filled with meth.

One drug dealer who is half American was told if he was caught dealing, the lical tough guy would beat him.

He was just arrested in California. We are waiting for a report. .

Just tell me what country it is and I'll see if I can find the information I'm seeking.

The USA does not have machine guns available to the general public.

I am so flipping tired of posting that.

Automatic weapons have been banned to the general public since 1934.

My husband’s 22 rifle was made automatic by my hubby in about an hour. My hubby is a natural for physics and has great fine motor skills so he probably is far above average, He did it because my son fot him some parts. It was a challenge. They are not interested in guns nor did they keep it as an automatic.

The primary victim of DV may be less likely to die, due to lack of access to a gun. But....

DV has far reaching, deep rooted effects that can straddle generations down the line, not to be minimized by how many did/didn’t die by gunshot. For example, Stabbings happen every day in the UK, many fatal, caused by people desensitized/damaged/lawless because exposure to DV. Imo.

In my experience, i experienced much more general violence in the UK compared to US.

However, my point is, gun control - some kind of change in regulation - will only have a chance to make difference if DV is also handled differently.

Mimmesota was the first place to have the abuser arrested. It used to be that the victim would call, LE would get there and the victim’s mind was changed. That no longer happens.

But, I was in a grocery store where a guy was viciously abusing his wife with words.,I won’t go into the long story, but the guy hit me with his grocery bag.

I called LE because the cashier told me who he was. The response from LE was ridiculous. I was so,upset I called the domestic violence people in my city inMinnesota where I was. The woman told me that inspite of all of the training, LE was not necessarily good about DV. She also told me to never confront a DV abuser. A man had been shot because he had picked up a purse when there was a Dv in front of him.

I think there are a fair amount of LE that commit DV, My best friend’s first husband was LE and he was a DV. I never knew how bad until,a couple of years ago when she confided more info.

I do support reform, but believe it will not be effective without a change in the handling and enforcing practices of DV and other violent behaviors

We have to go all the way back to infancy. More and more studies are coming out on the necessity of holding infants and responding to their cries.

How do we get people to be loving parents? And they may be loving, but may not realize the importance of holding and responding to cries. Some prop the bottle or leave them in things like baby seats or baby's swings. I have to say I,loved the baby swing.

Some of you talk as if there are no mass shootings in Europe, supposedly due to strict gun control. Well that’s simply not the case. Wake up.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/201...mass-shooting-attacks-like-las-vegas.amp.html

Countries such as France may have made all semi-automatic guns illegal, but that hasn’t stopped killers from getting fully automatic machine guns to use in mass shooting attacks. All four of the 2015 mass public shooting in France involved machine guns, including the 130 people killed in November of that year in multiple attacks including one at a concert venue.

In the 1970s, 80s and 90s, Europe saw machine gun attacks in airports and nightclubs by groups such as Black September and the Red Army Faction. In fact, machine guns are commonly used in mass shootings in the rest of the world.

The only people having that kind of weapons (mostly kalachnikovs from Eastern Europe I think but I might be wrong) are gangs and terrorists. The police and the DGSI tackle this with undercover agents and... they don't really communicate on how they do it actually. But they arrest people so it must work. No one I know thinks that the solution is to make that kind of weapons legal. The harder they are to get, the less there will be around and that's fine with everyone. We know that a terrorist attack is possible, but at least we do not have to worry that a bullied student or an angry worker or someone with a Taj Mahal-sized chip on his shoulder will grab an assault weapon and slaughter everyone around.

I like you guys, but I can't understand your weapon laws.

'I'm Not Going to Be a Victim': Armed Mother & Daughter Fight Off Oklahoma Armed Robber

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/26/armed-mother-daughter-fight-robber-tulsa-oklahoma-liquor-store

OMG, where to start. First the only reason they were able to shoot him was because he came back a second time, and they were ready for him that time. The first time they were totally unprepared, and couldn't even get their guns. Both of them hit him with multiple shots, but none of them were fatal. The daughter shot at him while her mother was in the line of fire. Then the mother lost her gun to him. Just a lot of wild shooting by three people who have no skill. That video pretty much represents everything that is wrong with trying to defend yourself with a gun. It's very lucky that both of the women didn't die in that mess.

Unless you’re a mind reader you don’t know how everyone feels in the countries you named.

Said by someone who just posted this. :facepalm:

I’m not so sure about that. Plenty of people would love to have our freedoms and our opportunities to own as many firearms as we want.

If they're all laughing at us, why do they keep coming here?

Canadian born population of the US 2016: 783,206

United Kingdom born population of the US 2016: 696,896

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_the_United_States

American born population of the Canada 2011: 372,575

American born population of the UK 2016: 197,355

Immigration goes both ways. Tougher immigration laws in Canada and the UK keep the immigration in that direction slightly lower. But that doesn't stop many Americans from immigrating to those countries anyway. I know lots of Americans who would love to immigrate to Canada just to get better healthcare.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gun-control-has-begun/?utm_term=.f44a17178c7c

President Trump told a gathering of governors at the White House on Monday that “we're going to do very strong background checks” for gun buyers and that his administration is “getting rid” of bump stocks, but conspicuously absent from Trump's remarks was any mention of raising the minimum purchasing age for rifles to 21.

His boss, the NRA told him, no.

No I mean the drinking age is 21, but selective service age is 18.

In the 1960s some young people where being drafted at 18, but they couldn't vote until 21. The irony of it didn't escape many.

I feel like anyone in this thread who supports mentally stable citizens owning guns is met with a lot of aggression. I’m going to unsubscribe. For the record, I don’t own a gun, and never even shot a gun. I don’t think teachers being armed is the best solution. But since I do realize that the problem is not the law abiding citizens (who have a right to bear arms), my perspective is not going to be tolerated. Law abiding citizens have no problem with stricter gun laws, because they aren’t the people we have to worry about.

Good luck going door to door collecting 300 million guns from civilians, considering probably more than 99% of them are law abiding and have the right to own their guns.

If they are truly law abiding citizens, then I guess they would comply with the law and turn in their guns. Otherwise they would not be law abiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member