Gun Control Debate #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll see if the movement grows or changes after the next one-- were overdue right now it has been averaging like 3 a week I think

Come on, let’s be honest here. 3 weeks? I don’t think so. Yes, even one is too many but we don’t need to make up stuff. I have no idea what the average really is but I’d put it at around once per year, not once every three weeks. Unless you’re counting instances in which only one or two people are shot. That’s not a mass shooting in my mind, and isn’t that what we’re talking about?

Call me a patriot. I love my country.

I don't get the United States bashing here. My hands are getting numb from sitting on them.

I love my grandchildren and am scared and beyond angry that weapons that serve no purpose except to kill are venerated and loved more than Sandy Hook or Parkland children in the United States, It is beyond belief.I am sitting on my hands so as not to post more

Come on, let’s be honest here. 3 weeks? I don’t think so. Yes, even one is too many but we don’t need to make up stuff. I have no idea what the average really is but I’d put it at around once per year, not once every three weeks. Unless you’re counting instances in which only one or two people are shot. That’s not a mass shooting in my mind, and isn’t that what we’re talking about?

Yes! Who cares about one or two a year. But haven’tt there been like 7 or 8 mass shootings already this year?

Of course it does. That’s what guns do. I do have to also disagree with the term “high powered” when it’s used in reference to guns that use the 223 Remington cartridge. It’s just about the smallest rifle cartridge ever made, so to me, it’s not a so called “high power” cartridge. In fact, the 223 caliber is not even legal to hunt deer in my state, as it’s not considered to be big enough to kill deer effectively.

It’s traveling 2,300 feet per second.

That’s high-powered when coming from an AR15, especially when compared to something like a 9mm Glock, at about 1/3 the speed.

You know this. ... I assume.

We aren’t studying the best ammo and rifle for deer hunting, as far as I can tell. I have my Field & Stream for that.

My dude. I’m pert-near offended by the deflection happening rn

teens are different than deer tho

Post of the week. Thank you, CARIIS.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Is only one or two people murdered by gun fired acceptable?

We are talking guns and death and injury as a result of guns being all over the place in our society.

Just mo but 1 child is 1 child to many

If you had a child one that one be too many?? Or only one?

Right? I had so much hope right before this election that at least some of them would keep their word and leave!

But no one did. Some people just live to complain I guess.

They don't really want solutions, so much as platform to vent...

Some have multiple homes all over the world. I am never invited so I only know about them through media.

Websleuths is in trouble financially. If you can help I would appreciate it greatly.

Please do not donate if it puts a hardship on you in any way shape or form. $5 dollars feels like a million when you don't have it. I completely understand.

The details are in the Websleuths page.

https://www..com/websleuths-is-on-the-brink

You can donate at PayPal with the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com

Please do not discuss on this thread. Email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thank you very much for your time.

Take Care,
Tricia

Call me a patriot. I love my country.

I don't get the United States bashing here. My hands are getting numb from sitting on them.

I’m a patriot, too.

I love my country. The vast majority of us do.

It’s great we have that in common, imho.

[emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

The whole point of discussion though is to express your thoughts or opinion. Really these threads seem tame compared to some regarding gun control and second amendment.
I have read some posters from other countries express concern and caring for our many deaths from guns.
They follow our news and can inform us how things work in their countries. I appreciate that they care enough to pop in and post. IMO

As an American now living in a country without guns, it is incredible. If I make a mistake driving, I get a honk and maybe the finger, but I am not going to get a bullet blast,

If I go to the bank, I don’t have to worry about a hold up. When I go to the schools to see my neighbor children perform, I never worry about getting shot, When I go to music concerts, I never worry about getting shot. There are no malls or theaters , so no worries there. When the drug dealers get angry here, they throw rocks at each other.

This is freedom.

As an American now living in a country without guns, it is incredible. If I make a mistake driving, I get a honk and maybe the finger, but I am not going to get a bullet blast,

If I go to the bank, I don’t have to worry about a hold up. When I go to the schools to see my neighbor children perform, I never worry about getting shot, When I go to music concerts, I never worry about getting shot. There are no malls or theaters , so no worries there. When the drug dealers get angry here, they throw rocks at each other.

This is freedom.

Can you provide a link to crime statistics where you live? I really am interested in seeing that. Thanks.

I left out many since Jan 1 the website was frustrating cause you had to do a lot of clicking

But you were right I was wrong its worse than every three days sorry

8 hit feb 17

5 hit feb 13

7 hit feb 11

6 hit feb 2

6 hit feb 3

16 hit Jan 23

4 hit Jan 21

5 hit jan 16
4 hit Jan 5

4 hit Jan 1

many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many more here

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/mass-shooting?page=1

I left out many since Jan 1 the website was frustrating cause you had to do a lot of clicking

8 hit feb 17

5 hit feb 13

7 hit feb 11

6 hit feb 2

6 hit feb 3

16 hit Jan 23

4 hit Jan 21

5 hit jan 16
4 hit Jan 5

4 hit Jan 1

many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many more here

And the injured. Yow!

Oregon’s joined a handful of states to close the “boyfriend loophole” in the federal firearm law. I agree. That’s gun reform at its finest and a great place to start! ❤️

One step forward yes.

Interesting (=naive) how DV can be viewed via ‘love interest’ only, the boyfriend loophole

The florida shooter was a DV perp...against his mother etc

We need to close all DV loopholes, and then provide resources to enforce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am brit, lived in canada for 5 years before moving to usa 4 years ago.

I love living in the US, love the people in AZ and TX - the 2 states i have lived in so far.

I felt more vulnerable living in UK than US. The UK has a different kind of violence/aggression. It is a simmering type, the potential for street violence, especially on a night out, in the UK is not something i have experienced to the same degree since i left 9 years ago

Interesting. Do you support gun reforms of any type in the US? Why or why not? If so, what type?

8 hit feb 17

5 hit feb 13

7 hit feb 11

6 hit feb 2

6 hit feb 3

16 hit Jan 23

4 hit Jan 21

5 hit jan 16
4 hit Jan 5

4 hit Jan 1

You need to keep in mind some of those shooting deaths are perps being shot by victims. If you click on 'charts and maps' you can see the breakdown.

You need to keep in mind some of those shooting deaths are perps being shot by victims. If you click on 'charts and maps' you can see the breakdown.

there all bullets guns blood injury and death yes?

Interesting. Do you support gun reforms of any type in the US? Why or why not? If so, what type?

I do support reform, but believe it will not be effective without a change in the handling and enforcing practices of DV and other violent behaviors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member