GZ Case - Defense Perspective

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything that I have read about Corey, says she is a very aggressive prosecutor, who is known for over charging. She personally, holds the national record, for charging the youngest child ever as an adult.

Really? I don't think we've heard that before.

Just because someone out there thinks she is overzealous doesn't mean that there's no merit to her case.

True, but it will just add to the reasonable doubt. If GZ has medical reports and pictures of his injuries, and Trayvon has injuries present on his knuckles, then it becomes difficult for the jury to decide what happened, imo.
Agreed...
This is why I think all the moments leading up to the altercation and the 911 calls are key in discrediting GZs claim..

Really? I don't think we've heard that before.

Just because someone out there thinks she is overzealous doesn't mean that there's no merit to her case.

According to Jacksonville defense attorney Mitchell Stone, Corey's reputation for being tough and close with law enforcement is earned. Stone says he worked with Corey at the state attorney's office from 1988 to 1991 and that she is tenacious, dedicated and set in her ways.
"If she sees things a particular way and she believes the evidence confirms her suspicions, it will take an awful lot to get her to back off," says Stone.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ed-and-set-in-her-ways-says-former-colleague/

Earlier this year, Stone says he was defending a woman charged with slashing a man she said attacked her, and Corey proceeded with charges until the judge dismissed the case finding that the woman had acted in self-defense.

According to Jacksonville defense attorney Mitchell Stone, Corey's reputation for being tough and close with law enforcement is earned. Stone says he worked with Corey at the state attorney's office from 1988 to 1991 and that she is tenacious, dedicated and set in her ways.
"If she sees things a particular way and she believes the evidence confirms her suspicions, it will take an awful lot to get her to back off," says Stone.
BBM and respectfully snipped...

:floorlaugh: OMG she sounds like 99% of the people I know on WS! She should join! LOL

Just jokes friends .. ;) Getting way past my bedtime.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ed-and-set-in-her-ways-says-former-colleague/

Earlier this year, Stone says he was defending a woman charged with slashing a man she said attacked her, and Corey proceeded with charges until the judge dismissed the case finding that the woman had acted in self-defense.

Also this:

Corey has tried hundreds of murder cases in her career, including many involving Florida's "stand your ground" self-defense law. Just two months ago, Stone says Corey's office made the decision not to charge Artur Veshti, who shot and killed Stone's client, Paulin Gavoci, after deciding Veshti acted in response to reasonable fear for his life.

I didn't read about her history of "overcharging" in that article...the same person gave an example where she dropped the charges, and one where she brought them...

Yes. You *can* make a determination.

There are no bandages on George that night.

None.

Actually, I do not believe that determination can be made.

That liquid bandage stuff - the super-glue substance - that is now used frequently to 'stitch' cuts together - would not necessarily be visible. In fact, it likely would *not* be visible.

Actually, I do not believe that determination can be made.

That liquid bandage stuff - the super-glue substance - that is now used frequently to 'stitch' cuts together - would not necessarily be visible. In fact, it likely would *not* be visible.

My son had glue instead of stitches when he fell down an escalator last year and busted his forehead up. You could see the glue and the blood/redness underneath it. Besides that, for the first day or so it had to be covered and taped with gauze...:twocents:

Also this:

Corey has tried hundreds of murder cases in her career, including many involving Florida's "stand your ground" self-defense law. Just two months ago, Stone says Corey's office made the decision not to charge Artur Veshti, who shot and killed Stone's client, Paulin Gavoci, after deciding Veshti acted in response to reasonable fear for his life.

I didn't read about her history of "overcharging" in that article...the same person gave an example where she dropped the charges, and one where she brought them...

Well, yes, she 'dropped' the charges after the judge dismissed the case. lol

And this article implies that she is very stubborn, imo. Just sayin...just because SHE is going after 2nd degree murder, it does not mean everyone would see it the same way. Just sayin....

Well if a defense attorney said that about Corey, then it must be true. :)

Also from the above article:

Moments after the shooting Zimmerman told eyewitnesses he shot Martin in self defense. He later told officers his head was being pounded into the pavement and that he feared for his life, but that it was only when Martin seemed to reach for the gun wedges in his waistband that Zimmerman drew his weapon and fired directly into Martin's chest -- killing him

What are 'gun wedges' in a waistband?

Well if a defense attorney said that about Corey, then it must be true. :)

I just posted the first one I found, because you said you had never seen anyone say that. I have seen a dozen sat least, describing her as very 'aggressive' with her charges.

Wow!! Welcome "WowitsDark" .. Seems like one person leaves and another person takes their place!! So many new people in the forum! Hope you like it here and decide to participate in all the other interesting threads we have as well! :seeya:

No problem, The Sea.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Thank you AJ Noiter!

I confess, I read and avoid posting. I am waiting.....as I have a lot of trouble without all the evidence to pre-convict someone, plus I might say the wrong thing! :banghead: LOL

And this article implies that she is very stubborn, imo. Just sayin...just because SHE is going after 2nd degree murder, it does not mean everyone would see it the same way. Just sayin....

"Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty"
Ronald Reagan

I think this case will be dismissed. JMO

I prefer to call it tenacity. Something I personally like to see in a strong, confident SA.

:moo:

I think you read that wrong. He's talking about 2 different cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste