Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be hard to keep up hope when LE doesn't listen. I wish one of these cold case shows would get ahold of this cas and do something, but I think they have to be asked by LE and that ain't gonna happen!!!

Maybe soon sweet Hailey! I wish I had known you and I hope the person/persons who are responsible have nightmares and rarely sleep. Maybe Karma will visit them often!!

Unfortunately I don't think LE cares anymore about this case. They have moved on to other things and poor Hailey has fallen by the wayside. I wish the Texas Rangers would take a greater interest in this case. It seems so solvable to me!

Unfortunately I don't think LE cares anymore about this case. They have moved on to other things and poor Hailey has fallen by the wayside. I wish the Texas Rangers would take a greater interest in this case. It seems so solvable to me!
I have noticed, in many cold cases, it is the surviving family that inspires the detectives to keep going and to bring them justice.
I don't see any of her family having that good of a relationship to spur on the investigation. I think they see Billie as more of a accomplice than a victim, imo.

You are so right katydid23. One would think LE would want to solve the crime no matter who her parents are. Clint adored Hailey, that was plain to see, but he was not always an upstanding law-abiding citizen and unfortunately, that may be what has kept LE from working so diligently to find her murderer. Also, aren't most of the original LE officers gone now?

The problem is that there is no evidence of anything other than that she is dead. So I doubt that the investigation would ever go anywhere and it is hard to image what else could pop up later. I don't think that LE doesn't care, but the initial investigation was handled so clumsily that whatever evidence might have existed has been trampled under foot figuratively speaking, and now it is almost impossible to untangle the fact from all the fiction and speculation that has been going on.

In these sorts of cases in rural counties they really should fall under the jurisdiction of state investigators, not the county. It is far too easy for inexperience and general incompetence in rural jurisdictions to mess thing sup.

LE made a mistake when they did not seal up that house and process it like a crime scene on day 1. Should have taken hours to find out about the boyfriend leaving work and get a search warrant for that house, his relative's house that he went to, etc, etc.

Well, initially it would have been treated as a runaway case, not a murder, so there would have been no reason to do that. In any case, they would have needed a warrant to seal the house, and at that point there was no probable cause so they would not have got one.

They were given permission by BD to do a search, which they did, and nothing unusual popped up, so it is not as though they did not look. They did have a search warrant for the car, and that turned up nothing.

After the initial warrants they likely were not able to get any more since further investigation probably corroborated SA's movements, meaning there was no time for him to have done anything. And he did not lie to them, they did not ask the right questions and misunderstood what he told them. As per the affidavits, BD's movements that morning were corroborated as well. They would not be able to just ignore that when submitting an affidavit for any additional warrants. Then there is also the evidence gathered from the phone, which likely showed that HD was using it after SA was already at his mothers house. That being so, they would not have had probable cause for further warrants, and that is likely why no additional warrants were obtained after the first batch.

As I was reading on here through old posts the PI that Billie hired said police have cell phone pings that show Billie and Shawn's "cell phones" were in various locations before Shawn went to work. I think the reason for no arrest is: there is no evidence of how she died, where she died, who actually killed her, and who took her out to the lake. If you cant put the full story together, the DA is not going to waste time with it in court.

On another note...Del is out of prison and not speaking to the family. Which is strange because he was very close to them. I have always felt he knows more than we have been led to believe.

Well, initially it would have been treated as a runaway case, not a murder, so there would have been no reason to do that. In any case, they would have needed a warrant to seal the house, and at that point there was no probable cause so they would not have got one.

They were given permission by BD to do a search, which they did, and nothing unusual popped up, so it is not as though they did not look. They did have a search warrant for the car, and that turned up nothing.

After the initial warrants they likely were not able to get any more since further investigation probably corroborated SA's movements, meaning there was no time for him to have done anything. And he did not lie to them, they did not ask the right questions and misunderstood what he told them. As per the affidavits, BD's movements that morning were corroborated as well. They would not be able to just ignore that when submitting an affidavit for any additional warrants. Then there is also the evidence gathered from the phone, which likely showed that HD was using it after SA was already at his mothers house. That being so, they would not have had probable cause for further warrants, and that is likely why no additional warrants were obtained after the first batch.

So .. This reminded me of the warrant for the car, where I am pretty sure they said they had collected soil samples. Guess nothing became of that after Hailey was found.

So .. This reminded me of the warrant for the car, where I am pretty sure they said they had collected soil samples. Guess nothing became of that after Hailey was found.

They collected particle samples using filters, which is fairly standard for that type of search, and a few odds and ends (some electrical tape, a lighter and some papers). But that was pretty much it, and did not go any where.

They obviously did not find any sign of foul play in the car. No blood or anything of that sort. Traces of HD might have been present in the vehicle, but since it was her mothers car that would not be unexpected as she would have been in it many times.

Has anyone ever thought about maybe a connection between cortney clayton in Stamford since it's not that far away??
I would be curious of the general location since I am from that area.
If they dont find the break they are looking for I may have a poi for them. This case is brand new to my research but very familiar with her name.

Very interesting discussions going on at the Who Killed Hailey Dunn FB Page ...
Podcast to be released on Monday.

On another note...Del is out of prison and not speaking to the family. Which is strange because he was very close to them. I have always felt he knows more than we have been led to believe.

As I was reading on here through old posts the PI that Billie hired said police have cell phone pings that show Billie and Shawn's "cell phones" were in various locations before Shawn went to work. I think the reason for no arrest is: there is no evidence of how she died, where she died, who actually killed her, and who took her out to the lake. If you cant put the full story together, the DA is not going to waste time with it in court.

Interesting about Del, what did he serve time for, drugs?

I remember the person BJD said gave her a ride to work that morning, supposedly was asked to lie about that. Anyone else remember that particular detail?

I think you are right AD, there is no conclusive proof. But there is certainly a great deal of circumstantial evidence that could be used. Look at the Heather Elvis case. The DA dropped the murder charges, but successfully prosecuted the Moorer duo on kidnapping charges. The conviction has a 30 year sentence (no early parole) in South Carolina. Those two will be in their 70's before they get out.

I think it's time for Texas Prosecutors to take at fresh look at the evidence, and get creative in their approach to solving this murder. IMO opinion, two people will be indicted on separate charges. Who knows, maybe one of them will roll over on the other after they are arrested. One thing's for sure, those new lips will look great on camera in court.

Yes I'm pretty sure it was for drugs. On fb they are eluding to her being kidnapped so maybe if they can get witnesses to speak up he can be arrested for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper