Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing that concerns me is that there could be evidence that wasn't gathered properly ( if at all) , photographed in situ, mishandled by persons other than LE or by LE....stuff like that.... possible evidence that literally can't be used because it was 'tainted' in some fashion

maybe..I dunno.
or it was just so totally botched from the git go, and ain't nobody gonna claim they screwed up
Poor Hailey

one thing that concerns me is that there could be evidence that wasn't gathered properly ( if at all) , photographed in situ, mishandled by persons other than LE or by LE....stuff like that.... possible evidence that literally can't be used because it was 'tainted' in some fashion

maybe..I dunno.
or it was just so totally botched from the git go, and ain't nobody gonna claim they screwed up
Poor Hailey

Yeah, exactly.

One thing that commonly happens is that they have some evidence, but not enough to convince a jury. Circumstances aren't strong enough, a witness is unreliable, evidence from a search that's not going to be admissible in a trial, etc. They're not going to make an arrest just for show. Not unless they think they can get a conviction.

TY carbuff for understanding what I meant. My years working with LE have taught me that little gem...."what you know & what you can prove are 2 different things". :D

just a question...

I'm curious why the remains are being held by the FBI and not a local agency? Are they the only ones with the facilities to preserve the remains?....or have they found something

Could be either, I guess. Most likely they were sent to the FBI lab for advanced testing and are still being held there.

Considering how difficult it can be to get results from weathered bones and how busy most labs are, it's possible they're still trying to run some kind of tests.

just a question...

I'm curious why the remains are being held by the FBI and not a local agency? Are they the only ones with the facilities to preserve the remains?....or have they found something

It's my understanding that they are being held at the university of north texas science forensic center in the Dallas/fort. worth area. This lab works with the FBI and other LE agencies. Local is not an option. Snyder is a little bittytown, out in the middle of nowhere, with no facilities. Fort Worth is the nearest major city.

Yes he is! He actually freaks me out with his creepy perversions. Saying Hailey had a "sexual relationship with SA"... IF that happened that's RAPE, not a relationship. He's crazy and he is certified through the Internet, a bunch of dvd's, books and an online test He sent me a link showing me where he "studied". What a nut, but a dangerous nut. It is shocking how many people believe in him.

I don't believe there is any evidence of an intimate relationship of any sort between HD and SA. LE have made no suggestion of anything like that as far as I am aware, nor has anyone else linked directly to the case, so whoever is saying that is just guessing.

I don't believe there is any evidence of an intimate relationship of any sort between HD and SA. LE have made no suggestion of anything like that as far as I am aware, nor has anyone else linked directly to the case, so whoever is saying that is just guessing.

I agree ... However... IIRC her grandmother said Haley didn't like him, he was creepy and would stand at her door? Over her? I'm not sure exactly which, but it did sound creepy... Nothing definitive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not believe there was a "relationship" of any romantic or sexual nature between Hailey and SA.

First off, no teen girl and a grown man can have a "relationship" in my view to begin with. An adult with a minor IMO involves rape, even if statutory due to the minor's inability to consent.

Secondly, you are correct LindaNJ, per Hailey Grandma, she did not like SA and was frightened of him so to me that further suggests that Tugella is correct in saying that anyonoe suggesting such a thing is doing so not based on any evidence, even circumstantial but is actually peeing in the wind. MOO

pulling forward some of Grandma Jones statements about Hailey's concerns about SA

Hailey Dunn, the Texas girl missing for nearly three weeks, was scared of her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins, and said he would stand in the doorway of her bedroom at night watching her.

"Hailey did not like him. She was afraid of him and she didn't want him there," Hailey's paternal grandmother, Connie Jones, told ABCNews.com today.

SNIP

Hailey told her grandmother that Adkins would pace around the house at night, talking on his cell phone in the bathroom and peering into her bedroom.

"She had told me on a couple of occasions that...he walked around at night and she said that she could see his shadow standing at her door. She said, 'Nana, he scared me. I'm afraid he's going to come in there,'" Jones said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shawn-adkins-named-person-interst-case-missing-texas/story?id=12608537

I'm not sure what to make of that, since LE would (or should) have interviewed family members early on, yet they made no mention of the GMs claims in their affidavits for the search warrants. And they would have, had they been aware of the claims, since they were attempting to establish probable cause for investigating SA.

I'm not sure what to make of that, since LE would (or should) have interviewed family members early on, yet they made no mention of the GMs claims in their affidavits for the search warrants. And they would have, had they been aware of the claims, since they were attempting to establish probable cause for investigating SA.

They were well aware of the claims...I am not privy to who they interviewed or what was said. All I know for sure, her grandmother made those statements early on.

I agree that no mention was made in the affidavits and should have been if there was any cause for LE to think anything of the claims. Those were the most pathetic affidavits I have ever read.

I don't think it was LE or relatives claiming a "relationship," but a certain dangerous blogger, whose name is unmentionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieC
Yes he is! He actually freaks me out with his creepy perversions. Saying Hailey had a "sexual relationship with SA"... IF that happened that's RAPE, not a relationship. He's crazy and he is certified through the Internet, a bunch of dvd's, books and an online test He sent me a link showing me where he "studied". What a nut, but a dangerous nut. It is shocking how many people believe in him.

I agree that no mention was made in the affidavits and should have been if there was any cause for LE to think anything of the claims. Those were the most pathetic affidavits I have ever read.

I don't think it was LE or relatives claiming a "relationship," but a certain dangerous blogger, whose name is unmentionable.

Quote:

I am thrilled to say I have absolutely no idea who the dangerous blogging nut is!!!

the article quoting grandmother Jones was dated Jan 2011. Hailey went missing December 2010, approximately 3 weeks after Hailey went missing. So unless police do not read the headlines regarding active cases they are investigating, police surely knew. The grandmother is very vocal in the press with her thoughts right after Hailey was gone, so shame on police if they didn't interview. but I am betting they did, if not before her satements to the press, then most surely after.

Quote:

Hearsay is the legal term for testimony in a court proceeding where the witness does not have direct knowledge of the fact asserted, but knows it only from being told by someone. In general the witness will make a statement such as, "Sally told me Tom was in town," as opposed to "I saw Tom in town," which is direct evidence. Hearsay is not allowed as evidence in the United States, unless one of nearly 30[1] exceptions applies to the particular statement being made.

Once again ... a matter of what they (LE) know, but cannot prove. If Hailey only told her Grandma, there is no other witness to back this up. Does it make it untrue, NO. Is it something she only felt safe sharing with Connie J, very likely.

GRACE: What happened?

JONES: Well, I had went on vacation, and when I come back, Clint had said that he had Hailey and then Billie (INAUDIBLE) that he ended up getting her back and everything. And I didn`t even know any of this was going on until I came back.

GRACE: You didn`t know what was going on?

JONES: No, ma`am. All I know is that Clint tried to take her because Hailey wanted to stay with Clint. And (INAUDIBLE) wanted her back (INAUDIBLE)

GRACE: Ms. Jones -- Ms. Jones, your theory that the live-in boyfriend sexually attacked the little girl and that he killed her when she threatened to tell -- what do you base that on?

JONES: Because Hailey had told me (INAUDIBLE) him been living there in the past that he would walk around at nighttime, and the hall light would be on, and she could see his shadow at her door, at the foot of the door. She could see his legs at the foot of the door, just at her door, just standing there. And it scared her. And I don`t know, things just don`t add up that Monday. Why would he leave his job? He didn`t quit, he just left his job.

GRACE: You know what`s odd about that, Connie Jones -- with us taking your calls live is Hailey`s mother, Billie Dunn, and her grandmother, Connie Jones. Ms. Jones, I asked that question several times last night, and this is what I got, that he showed up around 6:00 AM to work. He went to the soft drink machine, he got a Coke or whatever he got, he took a few sips out of it, he looked at his boss and walked out. There wasn`t an argument. He didn`t get fired. He didn`t say, I quit. He just walked out. He wasn`t there over 15 minutes. Now, why do you drive all the way to work, which is well over 20 miles to where he works...

JONES: Yes.

GRACE: ... drink a soda, take a look at your boss and walk out? And then the cell phone pings place him back in Colorado City, there at the home. He did not go straight to his mother`s, the way he said he did.

But I want to get back to what you told me. Hailey was afraid of him?

JONES: Yes, ma`am. She told me...

GRACE: Why...

JONES: ... a number of times that she was afraid of him.

BILLIE DUNN: Why didn`t nobody tell me?

GRACE: Well, hold on, Billie. Hold on, Billie Dunn. What was she afraid of? What specifically would she say, Ms. Jones?

JONES: That she was afraid of him walking around at night. She said that he`d go in the bathroom and he`d use Billie`s phone and talk to people and then come out and just stand by her door. She said he -- she was just afraid of him. At this time, she was only, like, 11.

GRACE: Did she tell you anything other than him standing by her bedroom door at night?

JONES: No. She said he never tried any advances toward her or anything and...

GRACE: Did you ask her?

JONES: Yes, ma`am. I asked her a lot if he ever tried anything to her. And I told her, I said, If he ever tries anything, you tell your mom and your dad. I said, Don`t -- I said, He can`t -- he`s not going to get away with it, Hailey, if he ever touches you in any way.

GRACE: And what would she say? When you would tell her that, what would she say?

JONES: She said that she would and everything. And the last couple of months, I hadn`t seen her very much because her dad moved over to Colorado City. And she usually spends the night, sometimes the weekend with me, and I hadn`t seen her that much. But she always called me, almost every day.

GRACE: Have you shared your theory with your son, Hailey`s father?

JONES: Yes, I have. I told him that she was afraid of him.

GRACE: What did he say?

JONES: I don`t remember what he said. I know he was concerned, but I don`t really remember what he said. There were times he would talk to Billie, they would get into an argument. So I guess they just quit talking to each other.

GRACE: To Billie Dunn, Hailey`s mother. What is your response?

BILLIE DUNN: It appalls me. Why would nobody tell me this? If she was concerned about that, why not tell me or Clint a long time ago? And I never heard of anybody fighting me for custody until tonight, just now.

GRACE: Well, Billie, if she`s telling her grandmother and the grandmother`s telling the father, she is telling people! She`s telling people she was afraid of your boyfriend.

BILLIE DUNN: Why didn`t her grandmother not tell me or her father, is what I`m saying.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

Once again ... a matter of what they (LE) know, but cannot prove. If Hailey only told her Grandma, there is no other witness to back this up. Does it make it untrue, NO. Is it something she only felt safe sharing with Connie J, very likely.

I don't understand your post as it doesn't seem to be related to what I was saying, responding to, or quoting.

My post wasn't about what LE can prove or not prove. LE only needed probable cause for affidavits, not proof.

I have never said what Hailey told her grandma was true or untrue. How would I know?

Now that you mention it, there was no other person to back that assertion up. Odd isn't it? And I don't think that between Hailey's friends and her closeness to her mother, she would have told only her grandmother, if she had been afraid of SA, while living in a house with her mother and brother, and father right across a field. kwim?

I think you assume a lot by saying "she only felt safe sharing with Connie J, very likely."

Everyone who knew Hailey said she was very outspoken, blunt and tough.

I am thrilled to say I have absolutely no idea who the dangerous blogging nut is!!!

Lucky you! Lol. I haven't read his blog since he started making money off of it a couple of years ago. I've seen copied versions, but avoid him at all cost. I know at least one follower of his is here. I see the thanks lol

Yes absolutely JUSTICE FOR HAILEY!
Make an arrest, got to trial, get a conviction, make the murderer pay to the fullest extent and lay Hailey to rest! Who doesn't wants this? No one I know online or in real life. As we post, Hailey's parents fight for justice for Hailey! Everyone should be wanting JUSTICE FOR HAILEY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC